• Mono - Cotton Candy

Votes: 18 24.7%
  • KingstonRabbi - Black Cherry Soda

Votes: 1 1.4%
  • TheBoogyman - Lemon Garlic

Votes: 5 6.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Agreed os64...while the 50 post requirement makes sense...there are so many beyond that threshold(and still active!) that seem not to participate...otherwise the #'s would be higher...I think sometimes, the vote is determined by popularity and friendships...rather than the nug presented...that isn't necessarily a bad thing..those folks have a following for a reason...butt...let the visual decide... rather than the heart...personally...I have entered twice...and cast my vote for someone other than myself, cause clearly their nugs were above my offering...the Mag should address participation in these friendly contests somehow...cheerz...h00k...

Agree it could be easier to find. I add the contest link in my signature but you have to navigate to the contests each month. Thinking out of the box (and not taking software logistics into account) it would be nice to get an email each month with the link to the new contest to vote. It would only be sent to those with 50+ posts to keep that same integrity.

I think the contests are a great way to get members to see what other great growers are doing :Namaste:

Agreed os64...while the 50 post requirement makes sense...there are so many beyond that threshold(and still active!) that seem not to participate...otherwise the #'s would be higher...I think sometimes, the vote is determined by popularity and friendships...rather than the nug presented...that isn't necessarily a bad thing..those folks have a following for a reason...butt...let the visual decide... rather than the heart...personally...I have entered twice...and cast my vote for someone other than myself, cause clearly their nugs were above my offering...the Mag should address participation in these friendly contests somehow...cheerz...h00k...
couldn't have said it better.

It is a bummer that not more people vote :tokin: At the end of the day though i just find it an honor to have some pictures of my bud sitting up there with so many great entries grown by so many awesome growers!

Hi Everyone

Thanks for the comments about how to get more members voting. We will give it some thought. If you would, please add the link to the contests to your signature if it's not there already, and spread the word. :thanks:

Meanwhile, with the end of the month approaching, votes are being checked in case members with fewer than 50 posts have mistakenly cast their ballot. Changes may therefore happen. ;)

Good luck to all. :Namaste:

Welcome to the 420 Magazine Nug of the Month Contest.

Please submit a photo of your best nug. (There is a separate contest thread for plants)

The nug must be your own, either purchased or grown. Optionally, we'd love to hear about the strain, taste, aroma, potency, effect, weight or any other frosty details that you're willing to share.

The contest will be open for submissions from the 1st until the 14th at midnight PST. At one minute past midnight on the 15th, we will begin voting for a winner.

The winner earns 420 rep points, "Nug of the Month" title, 420 Mag T-Shirt, Bic 420 Magazine Lighter, 420 Mag Stickers and a Medium 420 Magazine Nug Jar!

Nug-Month_new.jpg

MagicalButter Contributes The Following Item To Our 420 Contest Winners.

420Packaging and Smoke Cones Contribute The Following Items To Our 420 Contest Winners.

Space Case Contributes The Following Item To Our 420 Contest Winners.

Crop King Seeds Contributes The Following Items To Our 420 Contest Winners.

Gorilla Seeds Contributes The Following Item To Our 420 Contest Winners.

Vapor Warehouse Contributes The Following Item To Our 420 Contest Winners.

Shipping fees may apply to packages shipped outside of the U.S. We are not responsible for any additional fees applied by customs.

Additional information on prize shipping can be found here.​

With so many contests and even more winners, we unfortunately don't have the time and resources to offer organizing the 'gifting' of prizes anymore. Due to the nature of numerous, confusing logistics involved, delivery times get pushed back weeks waiting for everyone to reply with contact information, which causes delays in getting prizes to everyone. This causes a massive drain on our resources when everyone starts asking where their prizes are and why it's taking so long, some have even gone as far as to complain in public about us being lazy stoners, which couldn't be further from the truth. Mistakes in translations have also occurred, wasting valuable time, energy & shipping costs. Obviously you may pass prizes on yourself, and you are more than welcome to contact the sponsor yourself with a 'gifting' request.

Monthly winners are automatically eligible for our prestigious "Nug of the Year" contest in January.

Rules:

1. The contest is open to members with 50 or more posts. Members must also have at least 50 posts to be entitled to vote.

2. Contest entries must be original photos of your own nug. The nug photo may include several nugs or a cola. This nug may be grown by yourself or purchased at a legal medical Marijuana co-op, collective or dispensary.

3. Entries must include ONLY photos of the nug. But you may add one photo as a reference point for size or a closeup/macro.

4. Maximum of two photos per member. Both photos must be of the same strain or batch of nugs. Updating photos throughout the month is not allowed.

5. Remember to upload your photo through our Photo Gallery before posting it on this thread: Photo Gallery Guide - How to Resize, Upload & Post Photos

6. Nugs must be dry and ready to smoke or vaporize. Any nug that appears to be too moist to smoke or vaporize will be deemed an invalid entry. No "wet" nugs please.

7. Self-nominations only. Past winners are ineligible for 3 months from date of win.

8. Competition is open to the first 25 entries.

9. Promotion (i.e. campaigning) for yourself or a friend, or any attempt at voting more than one time per person (i.e. multiple user names, etc.) is considered cheating and is prohibited. Promotion also includes family and friends who register a new account for voting purposes. Campaigning in any form - including but not limited to mentioning the entry in any thread outside the contest, a signature link to the entry and campaigning via PMs - will result in the entry being removed from the month's contest. A second instance, either in a different contest during the same month or in any future contest, will attract a lifetime ban from all future contests.

10. Editing Photos: You may resize and/or crop your photos, however adding text, images and effects are prohibited. This makes it a fair contest for all, as not everyone can afford photo editing programs and/or know how to use the them.

11. Staff members from this or any other cannabis forum/community and/or 420 Magazine sponsors are not permitted to enter our contests.

By posting a submission into this contest, it is assumed that you have read and agree to abide by each of the aforementioned rules. Consider your submission your "virtual signature".

:cheer::cheer::cheer:

Consolidated Entries

Old School 64 - Dark Devil Auto

20161009_143712.jpg

Spacef - Ayaweshca Purple

IMG_4402-124.jpg

IMG_4402-1311.jpg

Urbanmonk - Deep Purple

rsz_00124.jpg

Dirt Mcgert - Automazar

20161029_092949.jpg

20161101_090509.jpg

Light Addict - 707 Truthband

DSCN018712.JPG

Cola Monster - Organic Jilly Bean

DSC0253111.JPG

DSC025619.JPG

Noob4x4grow - Carnival

20161028_212405.jpg

20161028_212342.jpg

Cannatard - Ghost Train

20160511_155144.jpg

Screenshot_2016-11-02-08-19-56.png

Lexort420 - Sour Diesel

20161030_114437.jpg

20161030_115507.jpg

Pontiacman - Girl Scout Cookie

420-magazine-mobile1630601253.jpg

420-magazine-mobile883024742.jpg

Xave420 - Cheese Candy

IMG_20161025_175447063.jpg

IMG_20161031_224550139.jpg

Pleaddafith - AK47

baa01cd2183a5f24bd30d426af99ba4b.jpg

722fa6c9d7239f2fb93a285044417739.jpg

Scop - Blue Dream

20161106_122249_001.jpg

Golfer420 - White Widow

bud_of_month_11-16_a-0271.JPG

bud_of_month_11-16_b-0274.JPG

Underthunder - Northern Lights

2016_11_06_4616_edited-1.jpg

2016_11_06_4793_edited-1.jpg

Greenethumb42 - Chocolate Kush

20161108_170723.jpg

20161108_164707.jpg

Mono - Cotton Candy

P1040001.JPG

P10400132.JPG

KingstonRabbi - Black Cherry Soda

20161111_202938.jpg

TheBoogyman - Lemon Garlic

lemongar2.jpg

20160606_180439.jpg

:bravo::goodjob::bravo:

man tht was a tough one it took me a full hour of trying to decide i had to go and:lot-o-toke: jus to think this 1 threw haha in the end i had to go with ohhh wait i cant say lol............................................................ jk i went ahead and went with l.a i jus love me sum old fashion whites and man tht shit was lite up like the vegas strip on new years but yea man :adore: great job and keep it green my friends :Namaste:

I think sometimes, the vote is determined by popularity and friendships...rather than the nug presented...that isn't necessarily a bad thing..those folks have a following for a reason...butt...let the visual decide... rather than the heart...personally...I have entered twice...and cast my vote for someone other than myself, cause clearly their nugs were above my offering...the Mag should address participation in these friendly contests somehow...cheerz...h00k...

I agree , I think the ability to see the vote results before casting one biases the vote! I know right now a vote outside of Mono or LA is wasted. So I wont vote for my favorite as an example.

I re read the above, it doesn't sound as kindly as I meant it drinking coffee this AM. Both Mono and La put up superb nugs. I used them for illustration only, not in anyway a judgment.

I know most ideas on ways to change the contests have already been put to the mods over the years, many times. But hey, they love having us suggest this stuff to them every month, right mods? :) So.... another thought I had about the POTM and NOTM contests is that they could be set up so when the entries are compiled on the first page, entrants' names would be hidden, subject to 'view the entrants' or whatever.- same as the poll results. I realize for the early thread subscribers they will see the names and entries as they come up - but for those who wander in after the 15th and go to the last page.... It would make for a beautiful list of nugs, from which I would choose and vote for my favorite. I mean that's what I do anyway, but sometimes it's hard to ignore the social stuff, or the voting strategy aspect. If I enter a contest I just want my entry to stand on its own merits, nothing else.

I know most ideas on ways to change the contests have already been put to the mods over the years, many times. But hey, they love having us suggest this stuff to them every month, right mods? :) So.... another thought I had about the POTM and NOTM contests is that they could be set up so when the entries are compiled on the first page, entrants' names would be hidden, subject to 'view the entrants' or whatever.- same as the poll results. I realize for the early thread subscribers they will see the names and entries as they come up - but for those who wander in after the 15th and go to the last page.... It would make for a beautiful list of nugs, from which I would choose and vote for my favorite. I mean that's what I do anyway, but sometimes it's hard to ignore the social stuff, or the voting strategy aspect. If I enter a contest I just want my entry to stand on its own merits, nothing else.

Anonymous entries would make the polling more objective, but for me it would remove a lot of the fun. Main reason I participate is the social part. I entered this month even though I had no chance of winning because I wanted to share my little success. I also like to check out members' journals to find out 'how did they do that?!' And I like encouraging and congratulating others on their entries.

Yes i tend to root for members I know (part of the fun) but my votes are based mainly on the nug/plant itself. So I'm okay with the way things are done now. I will be adding link to my signature to help drive more participation.

Yeah I agree, and anonymous entries could never really work. I just meant as I said, having the option of first seeing the entries stand alone without names. Gives the option of a clear look at the entries without a look at the entrants.
The same as, when you first view the thread, the results are hidden and you have to click to see where the voting is at. Or at least I do.
Anyway, just an idea. Not even that good an idea- ;)

Yeah I agree, and anonymous entries could never really work. I just meant as I said, having the option of first seeing the entries stand alone without names. Gives the option of a clear look at the entries without a look at the entrants.
The same as, when you first view the thread, the results are hidden and you have to click to see where the voting is at. Or at least I do.
Anyway, just an idea. Not even that good an idea- ;)

I think at the very least names should be hidden until after your vote has been cast, the way i see it is even if contestant's names are hidden til after a vote, the voters who want to vote for their friends still can cause its not like they haven't seen what their friends been growing. Just so im clear (cause i don't feel like i was clear) if contestant's names are hidden it wouldn't be to hard to figure out "O thats lexort's sour d i know this because i followed his journal" etc etc etc. Just some thoughts on the matter thats all. :tokin:

The poll is now closed.

Wow, that was close. Congratulations Mono and your Cotton Candy. :bravo:

Special commiserations to Light Addict. :circle-of-love:

You got mine mono... Nice nug mate, awesome colour...

Congratulations Mono!:bravo:

Back
Top Bottom