They all look like 7s to me! :Rasta:
Now...either that dab was questionable or my brain isn't working. Both?! I was hoping for 10s but damn...I'll take a 7 I guess. Haaa haaa.

I know what you meant...that they all look like #7. That's what you're supposed to say to all of them when they are together. But silently pull aside the hot one and just let her know where to find you later. HmmmHmmm...All 7s....pffffft....your mind games won't work here jedi

Damn...that was some good dabs this morning. Hey, what's up GDB! :passitleft:
That response was an accurate representation of how my brain was processing and typing at the same time. Have a nice day.
:laugh:

Flipped August 22nd, my littles' birthday. Puts us at day 40 since flip! It has been nearly 3 days since their last watering but they are due for a top dress on Sunday. #1 looks and feels thirsty to me. I checked the soil and it feels like there is plenty of moisture there. I'm tempted to give them all 1L to hold them over until Sunday when they will get a full drench. Any thoughts? Pics of #1 below. Yes...I know...she's getting floppy. I'm getting her staked up. Or putting a cage around her and call it a day.

#7 x 4

Be still my heart! :love: I'm a big fan of light water between full waterings to keep things perking.

Hey! So yesterday I passed a state certification test!!! I had no choice but to pass it or I would be on the chopping block and would be looking for a new job at the end of the year. Needless to say that that is one HUGE stress off my shoulders. I cannot confirm nor deny if I saw someone puffing on some 'Original Glue' prior to entering the test facility. Anyway...I calmed myself in the garden yesterday morning before the road trip and heading up north to take my test. Did some more botrytis checks and another round of fungicide foliar before the sun came up.

I will be harvesting most of the top buds today, 10/2. Lower branches will be left on and allow those flowers to continue to mature. I will be doing my best to protect those buds and branches from mold. How far can I take these plants into the season? Is it possible to over-winter them like a pepper plant?! Stoned ass cultivators want to know! Seriously...if you know, could you please tell me so I don't waste my time trying. Thank you.

GSC #8 - Bloom Day 62 - 10/1/2021
Genetics by @Weed Seeds Express
Nutrients by @GeoFlora Nutrients
Microbes by @DYNOMYCO & Earth Alive
Pest Control by @Sierra Natural Science

I forgot to include details on this one in case it is not obvious right away. I clipped away a large amount of rotten buds from this one. Treated with 3% h202 direct and left it alone. This is that bud saved from ultimate demise. Further inspection after harvest hopefully will be clean!

Thank you to everyone that has joined me on this journey up to this point. Many lessons learned!

Great pics, Baked!

She looks heavy in that last one. :Rasta:

Great pics, Baked!

She looks heavy in that last one. :Rasta:
Thanks! So initial wet weight (includes a lot of branch material) is 5 lbs. Going to trim it clean of any left over mold I see, then wash, dry, and get into bags into the fridge asap. No other way around it but it's going to be a busy ass day. I'm so stoked that I have some whole buds that appear untainted and completely healthy! Crossing my fingers...about to dive in. Peace

Thanks everyone! Appreciate the kind words. Man...this lady is so juicy!! Full of trichs! Pictures coming later.
fungicide treatment
@Sierra Natural Science SNSDC Foliar was added to the SNS209 applications but looking back, I realized that I missed at least 3 applications in the beginning (the loading doses). PLEASE do NOT make me answer how a stoner would forget the most important doses. Anyway, for the past month I have been including an additional fungicide that I had quite a bit of from previous trips to local stores. It is a non-sponsored product but it is a natural and organic product that has worked for me in the past. Next season, I could say with almost 100% certainty that I will be handling all my pest and disease management with SNS products. No doubt!!!

I just need to remember to use it...

:lot-o-toke:

Ok...my bad. I like to exaggerate size sometimes. Got 4 lbs 13.4oz of wet & untrimmed buds & branches. Not 5lbs like I said earlier. Sorry...got overly excited and splurged up 5lbs before actually using a calculator. I did say I had a test yesterday right?! It involved A LOT of math...

Picture dump time

Leaving some buds and side shoots on the plant to see how they further develop. I may also attempt to over-winter her. Thoughts?

I think based on opinions of how trichs mature different outdoors, she may be a little early. The buds I left on should be a good comparison. What do you all think about how they look and what you would expect from her maturity.

I wanted to show how frosty the sugar leaves are. This particular leaf wasn't even that full!

This branch right here is my favorite! It was so clean and immaculate. It didn't have the biggest cola but it was just pretty if that makes sense. I dedicate this branch to our fearless @420 leader for putting all the pieces and people together to get this amazing comparative grow up and going. I sincerely appreciate the opportunity to be a part of this.

Here are some more to share of the first half of clean up. I wanted to show off some supercropping and how it can not only control size and shape but the overall rigidity of the branch.

Now you see it?!? This little $#!% was likely born this morning and starting to munch on a bud that had zero damage. By tomorrow, there would be caterpillar poop all over the bud, most likely would hide inside the bud, and within 48-72 hrs the bud rot would set in. The visual clues would mean it is too late for that particular area of the cola the caterpillar decides to feed on. THIS is why it is imperative to stay on top of your BT applications or whichever pest process you choose.

Ok...now for the part I'm not thrilled with but also not horribly upset about it either. I have found 2 seeds so far. I have had to try and find these so it is not fully seeded. It does suck though that it is bound to have more. Should I keep looking for more or just ignore this and if I happen to find them then so be it?

Soooo...what do you all do with your scissor hash?

Some more images frome the pre-wash trim session. I am beyond thrilled with how much great looking flower there is right now. There will be very little left to clean out after the dry I'm hoping.

Started off with some puffs of this 4-Alarm Fire from Raw Gardens.

I also wanted to include some images of how aggressive preventative pruning can help your yield.

Here you can see where I snipped off the top portion of this bud. It was last week when I did it for this section I believe. Had I not snipped and treated PAST the affected areas, then I would have lost much more to botrytis. When you treat with 3% h202, it will fry the botrytis but it can also fry other areas you don't think have it. It oxides the spores so it can look a bit nasty at first. Don't fret. Just leave it and until you harvest and cut it off then.

Here is another example of where I had an infected section of bud. I cut away generously around the area where I removed the primary infected area but also surrounding plant material. After that, I drenched the area with h202. You can see the bud below is completely fine and the one above got a bit fried. I didn't even know there were spores on that. I'm glad I treated it though because it would have ruined it in no time.

Progression...up close it looks pretty!

Then back out and you can see where I had to cut away sections of the bud.

Zoom out further and you can see the portion above the cut area affected by the h202 spray that had spores.

Next is the wash. I learned today that I am not properly prepared for a good trimming area. Where I was trimming was simply too hot. Based on some of the discussions and videos I have seen, I lost terpenes to evaporation. I HAVE to prepare better for the next harvest.

Post wash pics from last night! What an amazing feeling to have such a nice amount of good material to start with!

This year's first wash bin is considerably cleaner compared to last year. I split it into two batches. After an initial h202 bath, they got triple rinsed. Double wash with fresh tap and then final rinse in spring water.

These are my first picks getting the freshest water baths to start it off! These buds are going to someone badass! Seems only right they get the best buds from this plant.

This cola is amazing! So clean!

And now for the rest of the flower!

There's nasty you won't be ingesting in there!
RIGHT?! I remember last year when I first tried it, I was so hesitant. After the first wash, I was convinced! They amount of stuff they collect growing outside is absurd. Know what though?!

This is the incredible part to me...nearly ZERO pest bugs on the plants themselves! There were quite a few gnats and other flying insects that were caught in the trichs. All of those came off with ease during the first wash. But there were no signs of live bugs on the leaves or buds. Very few caterpillars but I give no responsibility of the cats to SNS209. It has kept away nearly all chewing insects! I only did foliar with the outdoor plants BTW. The cats just didn't seem to care about the taste of the leaves. With the BT on the leaves they eventually died but they can cause lots of destruction during the short time they are alive. That was a really long way of agreeing with you Otter.

Congrats on the first round of harvest! Can't wait to see what you press and how it smokes for you. Gappy you got a good amount and looks good too
Thanks MG! I'm checking the test buds I took out a couple weeks. I think I should press them today to just give it a shot. Ohh...guess what came in the mail. I got some of that slick ass paper from The Press Club. Hopefully that will be a good upgrade. I also picked up a "cheaper" brand on A*zon box of precut sheets too that is supposed to be extra slick and thick. I should make that my username...

Man I just pulled out the buds that were drying after the wash. I am flabbergasted at how much good bud there is! Now I think the hardest part...the dry and cure. This is an area where I am lacking a dedicated environmental space for this. I feel like until I have all aspects of the grow are dialed in, anything I'm able to grow and cure will be so-so. Just my own head with stupid pre-determined thoughts. I think this year, it may be ok. I found a solution but it just takes a little bit of getting used to. Cutting down, trimming, washing, and drying everything outside at night! I stayed up super late last night and slept in today. The plan is to harvest everything else outside that I want to take down. By tomorrow morning, they will be dry from the wash and ready for the fridge without ever going above 60° before going into the fridge! I should have done that with the GSC. Kicking myself for not doing that yesterday instead. I'm sure it will still be some fire...but maybe it could have been lots better had I done everything when it was cooler and not losing so many terpenes to the heat. Long reply to say thanks MG. Now get your ass to Cali and come get some of this. I'm out of room in my fridge!

Did some quick pics of week #6 or day 42 since flip for all the ladies inside. I had quite the scare today though. Came out into the garage to find my controller reading out a 96°!!! I opened up the tent and all the fans were off. It was 84° outside which meant the garage got up to about 81°. The good thing is I have a portable AC unit I purchased for the tent. The bad thing is I bought it last week and it's still in the box. Had I got my ass in gear, that wouldn't have happened.

Well they seem fine but they did get a nice large drink this evening. I decided to not top dress them. Instead, I did what I could to work in the existing top dress that has been accumulating. I can say that the worms and other biology in the soil live breaking down the @GeoFlora Nutrients I am only 3 weeks away, maybe a little more before harvest. I truly believe there is enough nutrition for these plants to carry them through to the finish line. Thoughts?

Look closer! There are babies galore in this soil.

I'm not sure if you can see them but these buds are being pulled down on purpose. If you look closely, you can see the wire inside the canopy.

I am so grateful to @BESTVA LED for the Pro4000 that is doing a spectacular job for these ladies.

Back
Top Bottom