WEEK 10 UPDATE!!!

I'm really excited about how close to the end these ladies are. So they are technically 10wks 3 days. I went back and forth with decisions on when to chop. All the trichs were pointing toward cloudy and some decent amber. Decided it was time to bring them all down! I turned the light on briefly this morning to get some last pics. Other than 30-45 minutes of light this morning for pics, the lights have been off since 7pm last night. Puts us at nearly 24 hours of no light. I have no choice but to harvest later this evening and get it all washed and hung to dry for the night.

I want to ensure I express how grateful I am to Rob and the entire @420 staff for organizing this comparitve grow. It has been such an awesome journey and incredible learning experience. Being able to connect with so many growers and seeing their success and failures collectively builds a concentrated amount of wisdom on those genetics.

And speaking of genetics... @Weed Seeds Express was critical to the success of this massive project. They willingly sponsored 40 growers to showcase their genetics. That level of confidence and support speaks volumes!!!
:bravo::bravo::bravo:
In honor of the OG lineage, I wanted to share an image from this morning's drive that showcases the very reason "Ocean Grown" was such an important cultivar to the northern California growers.

This dense cloud cover and fog rolls in and out throughout the grow season. I put the GSC to the absolute test against mold. I would have to agree that the OG in the genetics definitely help its mold resistance. They did perfectly indoors. Outdoors was tougher but that was to be expected. She still grew beautifully in my outdoor garden and has blessed me with some amazing medicine.

You are truly appreciated @Weed Seeds Express !

A HUGE thank you to my other sponsors that have helped me tremendously along this grow!!! You are all amazing blessings to this community. :circle-of-love:

@GeoFlora Nutrients absolutely killed it in my opinion! I added NOTHING extra into my soils the entire way. Thank you GF team for your gracious support of this community. You are truly appreciated. Blessings!

@Sierra Natural Science I mean what can I even say about this crew of folks and their products?!? Proven winners time and time again. I am incredibly stoked that they support this community. We are seriously lucky folks. Hometown company to boot!!! Thank you so much SNS team for making kick ass products that protect our precious crops. I am 100% sold as a customer! When I'm running high value crops, I will be running SNS products alongside them every step of the way!

@DYNOMYCO What an incredibly powerful product you have created. Thank you for choosing to be a part of this grow as a sponsor. I honestly may have not switched had you not been a part of this grow. I fell in love with your stuff! It works every time and my transplants have never been better. I have used it on alocasias and other much more temperamental plants than cannabis and they thrived with the transplant. Everything about the biology of the soil improved when I started using Dynomyco too. So again, many thanks for your support! Blessings.

It definitely should go without saying that the @BESTVA LED Pro4000 did a great job of offering my plants plenty of light. It was flanked by two Bestva Pro1000 lights the entire grow. Thank you Bestva for the opportunity to test and start the review process. Your patience and understanding that I want to give a full and detailed review is greatly appreciated. I hope you continue to be a part of this community!

And lights out!!! Such beautiful plants and they have given so much to me already. About to give me their best...

Great final post, Baked. Could you please tell me what numbers the 3 remaining girls are so I can update my info?

Great final post, Baked. Could you please tell me what numbers the 3 remaining girls are so I can update my info?
Thanks HG!! So I had a bit of a hiccup the past few days. #7 came down last night. Pics and more update info below. #3 & #9 will come down tonight. That's the plan anyway unless life wants to be a douchebag again...
What a spectacular ending! Now make some room on that Top Shelf. It’s Blue Ribbon time.
:welldone:
Ohh man...I can't tell you how excited I am about bringing down #7!!! I mean just look at the size of this diii...I mean NUG!!!

After the wash and rinse! So beautiful! A lot of unnecessary growth on this branch. This is a good example of what supercropping can do to produce more bud sites. Thank you Shed for the lessons over the years. Still apparently too dense to understand the part of cutting off the larfy stuff EARLIER. In case folks need a reminder, I have a link in my signature to learn about it and then process to ignore the part of cleaning up the lower branches.

:bravo: on a great wrap-up and the beautiful (and winning) photographs! You sure did right by the sponsors here.
Thanks for mentioning that. I have been trying my best to keep them in the loop and tagging them the best I can without becoming a nuisance. Not trying to be overly sensitive but I don't get much traction with the sponsors and tagging them in the posts. I did stop tagging them in my media uploads. Not sure if maybe that's the preference? Idk.

And it's so cool you got to grow some in and some out with all the challenges presented by each. Good luck with the harvests...we're ready for pics whenever your hands recover from trimming!

:ciao:
Woooooohoooo!!! Good victory! :D

Many thanks ITS! Sending you over a fist pump and a little slap...
The video had to be removed but for the sake of the humor I was intended to share, it was a Key and Peele skit about baseball players slapping each others ass. YT search should being it up.

Having a watchful set of eyes is incredibly reassuring Shed. Thank you again everyone for the encouragement and support to the finish!

Let's all get us some little SLAP ASS for crossing the victory line together!

I'll be doing some more images and smoke & product reports as I finish them up.

So I was certain I would have harvested all of them by now. Well life gets in the way. I was only able to get to #7 last night. I had to account for time and physical limitations. #7 is hands down my favorite plant of the year. It wad a mess early on too! I'll have to bring up some older pics. Anyway, I knew I had a limited amount of energy left last night. I opted to get her down first and start getting to work. I left a lot of unnecessary larfy growth. I wanted to show some examples. This is a VERY productive plant if you give it what I needs. Cut something here and it will likely have new growth somewhere else in a couple days. Constantly trying to keep them cleaned up but I wasn't cleaning or shaping very well. Even with all that said, she was still a beauty and I am so blessed to have harvested such gorgeous flowers.

FYI, freshly harvested GSC is absolutely delicious. It obviously has floral tones but the sweet piney aroma melts in your mouth while eating the flower. It is incredibly rich in Cannabinoids and a fun little treat. My 8 year old enjoyed her first fresh flower and she was amused.

Also...what the hell do you guys do with all this?!

I tried putting some on a bowl of GSC #8 that is curing. Got me stoned! Not sure if it was the dried flower or the fresh hash. It burned like wax or a candle wick at first. Any wisdom would be appreciated.

That’s sizzer hash we all as growers have smoked it really good smoke I just light the sizers n smoke away good way to try ur fresh stuff but on another note those flowers looked killer I hope mine turn half as good as urs !!!!! Congrats again for those huge buds

That’s sizzer hash we all as growers have smoked it really good smoke I just light the sizers n smoke away good way to try ur fresh stuff but on another note those flowers looked killer I hope mine turn half as good as urs !!!!! Congrats again for those huge buds
Thanks Jack! So its cool to just smoke it as is then?! Awesome. Better to smoke it on its own or mixed with flower?

Thanks HG!! So I had a bit of a hiccup the past few days. #7 came down last night. Pics and more update info below. #3 & #9 will come down tonight. That's the plan anyway unless life wants to be a douchebag again...

Ohh man...I can't tell you how excited I am about bringing down #7!!! I mean just look at the size of this diii...I mean NUG!!!

After the wash and rinse! So beautiful! A lot of unnecessary growth on this branch. This is a good example of what supercropping can do to produce more bud sites. Thank you Shed for the lessons over the years. Still apparently too dense to understand the part of cutting off the larfy stuff EARLIER. In case folks need a reminder, I have a link in my signature to learn about it and then process to ignore the part of cleaning up the lower branches.

Thanks for mentioning that. I have been trying my best to keep them in the loop and tagging them the best I can without becoming a nuisance. Not trying to be overly sensitive but I don't get much traction with the sponsors and tagging them in the posts. I did stop tagging them in my media uploads. Not sure if maybe that's the preference? Idk.

Woooooohoooo!!! Good victory! :D

Many thanks ITS! Sending you over a fist pump and a little slap...
The video had to be removed but for the sake of the humor I was intended to share, it was a Key and Peele skit about baseball players slapping each others ass. YT search should being it up.

Having a watchful set of eyes is incredibly reassuring Shed. Thank you again everyone for the encouragement and support to the finish!

Let's all get us some little SLAP ASS for crossing the victory line together!

I'll be doing some more images and smoke & product reports as I finish them up.

So I was certain I would have harvested all of them by now. Well life gets in the way. I was only able to get to #7 last night. I had to account for time and physical limitations. #7 is hands down my favorite plant of the year. It wad a mess early on too! I'll have to bring up some older pics. Anyway, I knew I had a limited amount of energy left last night. I opted to get her down first and start getting to work. I left a lot of unnecessary larfy growth. I wanted to show some examples. This is a VERY productive plant if you give it what I needs. Cut something here and it will likely have new growth somewhere else in a couple days. Constantly trying to keep them cleaned up but I wasn't cleaning or shaping very well. Even with all that said, she was still a beauty and I am so blessed to have harvested such gorgeous flowers.

FYI, freshly harvested GSC is absolutely delicious. It obviously has floral tones but the sweet piney aroma melts in your mouth while eating the flower. It is incredibly rich in Cannabinoids and a fun little treat. My 8 year old enjoyed her first fresh flower and she was amused.

Also...what the hell do you guys do with all this?!

I tried putting some on a bowl of GSC #8 that is curing. Got me stoned! Not sure if it was the dried flower or the fresh hash. It burned like wax or a candle wick at first. Any wisdom would be appreciated.
BakedARea…you did such a nice job on the indoor and outdoor grows dealing with issues. I learned a lot for sure, indoor and out. You also did regular and thorough updates on everything…including great photos. The up and the downs on the outdoor grow were a great learning. I had some dream of sowing seeds like a kid dropping Columbian Red and Gold seeds everywhere as a kid in Michigan and having no clue why the we couldn’t get any bud growth before first frost. I also had a glimpse of your distant view…I spend every minute outside I can and that looks like a beautiful hang. I hope you get recognized as a member of the month soon. Cheers

Yup I do it right as I’m trimming to clean my gunked sizers I never tried it with flower prob would do good who knows !
Thanks again Jack!
Nicely done. Those budz sure are “purdy”.

NTH
Much appreciated. I just tended to them. They grew themselves as pretty as they could with all my faults.
BakedARea…you did such a nice job on the indoor and outdoor grows dealing with issues. I learned a lot for sure, indoor and out. You also did regular and thorough updates on everything…including great photos. The up and the downs on the outdoor grow were a great learning. I had some dream of sowing seeds like a kid dropping Columbian Red and Gold seeds everywhere as a kid in Michigan and having no clue why the we couldn’t get any bud growth before first frost. I also had a glimpse of your distant view…I spend every minute outside I can and that looks like a beautiful hang. I hope you get recognized as a member of the month soon. Cheers
That means a lot Cr8! I sincerely appreciate that encouragement. The latter part being a near impossible task. I can't be online anywhere near as much as the members that deserve it. I can barely keep up with my journal notifications! Which are not many by the way. Getting out and about in the forum in the vastness that is 420Mag, is a little overwhelming for me. It would be an honor, don't get me wrong! Just not a strong enough member to be deserving of that title. I appreciate the blessing of even mentioning that. You have uplifted my spirit tonight. Blessings Cr8!

Way to go, @BakedARea! :Rasta:

All of those plants look juicy!

BTW, I think I heard the orchestra start to play during your closing summary. :laughtwo:

Just kidding! That was an excellent job of highlighting out wonderful sponsors!

WEEK 10 UPDATE!!!

I'm really excited about how close to the end these ladies are. So they are technically 10wks 3 days. I went back and forth with decisions on when to chop. All the trichs were pointing toward cloudy and some decent amber. Decided it was time to bring them all down! I turned the light on briefly this morning to get some last pics. Other than 30-45 minutes of light this morning for pics, the lights have been off since 7pm last night. Puts us at nearly 24 hours of no light. I have no choice but to harvest later this evening and get it all washed and hung to dry for the night.

I want to ensure I express how grateful I am to Rob and the entire @420 staff for organizing this comparitve grow. It has been such an awesome journey and incredible learning experience. Being able to connect with so many growers and seeing their success and failures collectively builds a concentrated amount of wisdom on those genetics.

And speaking of genetics... @Weed Seeds Express was critical to the success of this massive project. They willingly sponsored 40 growers to showcase their genetics. That level of confidence and support speaks volumes!!!
:bravo::bravo::bravo:
In honor of the OG lineage, I wanted to share an image from this morning's drive that showcases the very reason "Ocean Grown" was such an important cultivar to the northern California growers.

This dense cloud cover and fog rolls in and out throughout the grow season. I put the GSC to the absolute test against mold. I would have to agree that the OG in the genetics definitely help its mold resistance. They did perfectly indoors. Outdoors was tougher but that was to be expected. She still grew beautifully in my outdoor garden and has blessed me with some amazing medicine.

You are truly appreciated @Weed Seeds Express !

A HUGE thank you to my other sponsors that have helped me tremendously along this grow!!! You are all amazing blessings to this community. :circle-of-love:

@GeoFlora Nutrients absolutely killed it in my opinion! I added NOTHING extra into my soils the entire way. Thank you GF team for your gracious support of this community. You are truly appreciated. Blessings!

@Sierra Natural Science I mean what can I even say about this crew of folks and their products?!? Proven winners time and time again. I am incredibly stoked that they support this community. We are seriously lucky folks. Hometown company to boot!!! Thank you so much SNS team for making kick ass products that protect our precious crops. I am 100% sold as a customer! When I'm running high value crops, I will be running SNS products alongside them every step of the way!

@DYNOMYCO What an incredibly powerful product you have created. Thank you for choosing to be a part of this grow as a sponsor. I honestly may have not switched had you not been a part of this grow. I fell in love with your stuff! It works every time and my transplants have never been better. I have used it on alocasias and other much more temperamental plants than cannabis and they thrived with the transplant. Everything about the biology of the soil improved when I started using Dynomyco too. So again, many thanks for your support! Blessings.

It definitely should go without saying that the @BESTVA LED Pro4000 did a great job of offering my plants plenty of light. It was flanked by two Bestva Pro1000 lights the entire grow. Thank you Bestva for the opportunity to test and start the review process. Your patience and understanding that I want to give a full and detailed review is greatly appreciated. I hope you continue to be a part of this community!

And lights out!!! Such beautiful plants and they have given so much to me already. About to give me their best...
Your plants look awesome! Great pictures too, keep up to good work!

Your plants look awesome! Great pictures too, keep up to good work!
Thanks WSE! Happy to see you check out the progress. I have a bit of a crazy update for you all but I think it will be worth the anticipation. I think it would even interest you WSE. Anyway...in the meantime, here is a little something I ended up finding in GSC #7 as I was prepping the buds for the paper bag and fridge.

great job baked! The buds look amazing and your journal has been great to follow!
Thanks MG! It is amazing to finally be able to enjoy some high quality flower that I grew. This year has been my first successful harvest and cure! Pressed a small amount of GSC #8 (outdoor), that I did a preliminary harvest on 9/22. It was an amazing experience. I cannot wait to press the rest of it.

Way to go, @BakedARea! :Rasta:

All of those plants look juicy!
MmmmHmmmm....so yummy too!
BTW, I think I heard the orchestra start to play during your closing summary. :laughtwo:
:laugh::theband::theband::laugh:
Just kidding! That was an excellent job of highlighting out wonderful sponsors!
I appreciate it GDB. I am super grateful but I will say that I'm looking forward to some unsponsored grows too so I can experiment and play some more. This grow and having specific parameters was EXACTLY what I needed. It made it easy to succeed but also fail. It was easier to identify issues with my care as long as I stuck with their guidance.

Thanks WSE! Happy to see you check out the progress. I have a bit of a crazy update for you all but I think it will be worth the anticipation. I think it would even interest you WSE. Anyway...in the meantime, here is a little something I ended up finding in GSC #7 as I was prepping the buds for the paper bag and fridge.

The picture looks amazing, but I see she hermied on you :(, that's unfortunate!

The picture looks amazing, but I see she hermied on you :(, that's unfortunate!
Maybe she didn't though. I did find a few seeds in my outdoor GSC too. I'm not certain if it was pollen in the air and somehow got into my tent too. So maybe I shouldn't have said hermie. I'm too ignorant still to know why it happened. I would not like to imply that it was a negative result of the genetics. I think there are too many variables. If she did hermie, it would have been MUCH more seeds right?

Back
Top Bottom