HAPPY 420 DAY Y'ALL!!!

I was not expecting nor was I ready to start this journal tonight. I'll be damned if I don't keep my word about starting it when I got the seeds. That was today!

With that said, a big ole California hug and huge thanks to @420 and the staff of
:420:
for having this idea, planning, and organizing this comparative grow journal event! Blessings to you all that hold it down and make this forum possible and creating a kick ass online cannabis community!

*Preachy moment commencement*
Before getting into this journal, anybody not familiar with this forum and its sponsors, PLEASE be sure to understand that none of this would be possible without them. Those of us that have been here a while, let us not take for granted what we got here! I have in the past.
*Preachy moment concluded*

A gigantic thanks to all the sponsors that are involved so far. Over the past few weeks, this event just kept getting better as more of you joined in on the fun!

Here are some of the sponsors directly involved with my journey for this event! Thank you so much to all of you and your crews! I hope this event blesses your businesses.

@Weed Seeds Express @GeoFlora Nutrients @Sierra Natural Science @ViparSpectra & Bestva LED - @GrowTina

I've been waiting patiently to get this journal started and it is happening today of all days!
Happy 420 Day!
The stars aligned and the postman felt the cosmic force to get his ass in gear and deliver these seeds!

Not sure why, but all those tiger stripes on this seed makes me want to believe it will be the strongest one of them all!

I have six seeds soaking in H2O2 and filtered water for the next 12-18 hours. Then they will go into some seedling soil. Three of the seeds will go into your basic solo cup and the other three will go into biodegradable seedling bags (you'll see).

The Cultivar:
Girl Scout Cookies by @Weed Seeds Express
Screenshot_20210420-221258_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20210420-221332_Chrome.jpg

The Medium:
DIY Organic Soil Mix
compost, worm castings, peat moss, coco coir (peat and chunks), pumice, lava rock, and turface (inorganic fired clay pieces for additional drainage).

Additional Amendments: Blood meal, bone meal, Azomite, Greensand, Rock Phosphate, and @DYNOMYCO during transplant.

My plan is to select the best four to grow indoors and the other two outdoors in my raised garden beds. They will be growing alongside tomatoes, peppers, beans, salad greens, and much more.

Indoor Garden: 5x5 Tent by @Mars Hydro
Purchased this tent last year and I have grown nothing in it since! Being that this will be my first indoor grow, it is my goal to make this journal easy for any grower with any level of experience, feel confident that they can succeed. Having a quality tent is a good foundational piece of the puzzle in my opinion.
150x150x200_1.jpg

I will be breaking down the 5x5 growing space into either 4 or 6 zones/quadrants. I am leaning toward 4 plants in 4 zones. Each in a 7 gallon fabric pot. Thoughts?!

The Nutes: Primary nutrients are
Sponsored by @GeoFlora Nutrients

Secondary nutrients & microbes will be provided by activated aerated compost teas.

Geoflora_black_logo+%281%29.png

1618982223330.png

The Lights:

bestvaled320_320x@2x.png

I was so impressed by the Bestva light when I received it to test, that I decided to buy one myself. I really like the look of it. Just sleek and stylish in my tent. So I will be running two Bestva Pro 1000 lights in one quadrant in my initial thought. Thanks again @GrowTina for the opportunity to test your light.
1_160x160.jpg
3_160x160.jpg
2_af972db5-f04f-4920-aa21-f880689a9940_160x160.jpg

The Ventilation:
6" A/C Infinity Cloudline T6 Fan through a A/C Infinity Charcoal Filter

Things will be a bit slow for the next couple of weeks but I will do my best to keep things interesting. I will be giving everyone that follows plenty of opportunities to school me and guide me in the right direction. If you are the teacher/mentor type, please join me on this journey of being an indoor growing virgin. If you are a newbie and need to learn along with me, please join up and please ask questions. I may not be able to answer all your questions, but the levels of wisdom and insight in this forum are beyond comprehension and we can both learn! Everyone else...well join anyway!

That's all I have for you now folks. Thanks again to everyone involved with this event. And to the 39 other growers...let's have some fun, learn, and grow some amazing ladies!!!

:popcorn: Great setup and introductory post. Looking forward to seeing that tent filled with these ladies.
Thanks Vet! I'm looking forward to it too! You think 4 plants could fill up that space. In my head, I'm thinking yes with enough veg time and training.
Nice we goin to to similar sit up I’ll be in a Mars 4x4 tent this grow op goin to be good I’m pulling a chair
Thanks Jack! How many plants are you growing in the 4x4 again?

You think 4 plants could fill up that space. In my head, I'm thinking yes with enough veg time and training.
I'm probably not the best person to answer that as all my experience is growing in small spaces. I'm doing one in a 2x2 and would think the same as you that 4 good sized plants would fit nicely with a little room for manouvering things if needed.

Hey BA :ciao:

Figured I should drop in and have a look around. Subbed up for the ride and to see what these new lights can do.

I think you can fill that tent with 4 plants for sure. Depending on the vigor and environment, you could veg 4 plants for 2 months and easily fill that tent with some LST work.

Looking good so far, I'll be around :cheesygrinsmiley:

Hey BA :ciao:

Figured I should drop in and have a look around. Subbed up for the ride and to see what these new lights can do.

I think you can fill that tent with 4 plants for sure. Depending on the vigor and environment, you could veg 4 plants for 2 months and easily fill that tent with some LST work.

Looking good so far, I'll be around :cheesygrinsmiley:
Thanks for coming along for the ride. Glad to have you. Thanks for the insight. I hope I can make it work and don't get them too tall. Haaa haaa. That is not something I want to experience.

Thanks for coming along for the ride. Glad to have you. Thanks for the insight. I hope I can make it work and don't get them too tall. Haaa haaa. That is not something I want to experience.
I don't think you should have too much of a problem with that. There's many options to help keep plants shorter as well as keeping the lights close enough to help avoid premature stretching. You have lots of support here and I'm sure all of us can help in one way or another to keep your plants from getting too tall

Nice start, Baked.

I'll follow along and we can learn together.

:passitleft:

HAPPY 420 DAY Y'ALL!!!

I was not expecting nor was I ready to start this journal tonight. I'll be damned if I don't keep my word about starting it when I got the seeds. That was today!

With that said, a big ole California hug and huge thanks to @420 and the staff of
:420:
for having this idea, planning, and organizing this comparitive grow journal event! Blessings to you all that hold it down and make this forum possible and creating a kick ass online cannabis community!

*Preachy moment commencement*
Before getting into this journal, anybody not familiar with this forum and its sponsors, PLEASE be sure to understand that none of this would be possible without them. Those of us that have been here a while, let us not take for granted what we got here! I have in the past.
*Preachy moment concluded*

A gigantic thanks to all the sponsors that are involved so far. Over the past few weeks, this event just kept getting better as more of you joined in on the fun!

Here are some of the sponsors directly involved with my journey for this event! Thank you so much to all of you and your crews! I hope this event blesses your businesses.

@Weed Seeds Express @GeoFlora Nutrients @Sierra Natural Science @ViparSpectra & Bestva LED - @GrowTina

I've been waiting patiently to get this journal started and it is happening today of all days!
Happy 420 Day!
The stars aligned and the postman felt the cosmic force to get his ass in gear and deliver these seeds!

Not sure why, but all those tiger stripes on this seed makes me want to believe it will be the strongest one of them all!

I have six seeds soaking in H2O2 and filtered water for the next 12-18 hours. Then they will go into some seedling soil. Three of the seeds will go into your basic solo cup and the other three will go into biodegradable seedling bags (you'll see).

The Cultivar:
Girl Scout Cookies by @Weed Seeds Express
Screenshot_20210420-221258_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20210420-221332_Chrome.jpg

The Medium:
DIY Organic Soil Mix
compost, worm castings, peat moss, coco coir (peat and chunks), pumice, lava rock, and turface (inorganic fired clay pieces for additional drainage).

Additional Amendments: Blood meal, bone meal, Azomite, Greensand, Rock Phosphate, and @DYNOMYCO during transplant.

My plan is to select the best four to grow indoors and the other two outdoors in my raised garden beds. They will be growing alongside tomatoes, peppers, beans, salad greens, and much more.

Indoor Garden: 5x5 Tent by @Mars Hydro
Purchased this tent last year and I have grown nothing in it since! Being that this will be my first indoor grow, it is my goal to make this journal easy for any grower with any level of experience, feel confident that they can succeed. Having a quality tent is a good foundational piece of the puzzle in my opinion.
150x150x200_1.jpg

I will be breaking down the 5x5 growing space into either 4 or 6 zones/quadrants. I am leaning toward 4 plants in 4 zones. Each in a 7 gallon fabric pot. Thoughts?!

The Nutes: Primary nutrients are
Sponsored by @GeoFlora Nutrients

Secondary nutrients & microbes will be provided by activated aerated compost teas.

Geoflora_black_logo+%281%29.png

1618982223330.png

The Lights:
Sponsored by
Viparspectra XS1500 & Bestva P1000

* I have not received the Viparspectra XS1500 yet. I will be running one, possibly two, of these lights in a quadrant. *
Thanks again to @ViparSpectra for allowing me the chance to test the newer XS series lights! I'm excited to fire 'em up! The lights and the buds!

bestvaled320_320x@2x.png

I was so impressed by the Bestva light when I received it to test, that I decided to buy one myself. I really like the look of it. Just sleek and stylish in my tent. So I will be running two Bestva Pro 1000 lights in one quadrant in my initial thought. Thanks again @GrowTina for the opportunity to test your light.
1_160x160.jpg
3_160x160.jpg
2_af972db5-f04f-4920-aa21-f880689a9940_160x160.jpg

The Ventilation:
6" A/C Infinity Cloudline T6 Fan through a A/C Infinity Charcoal Filter

Things will be a bit slow for the next couple of weeks but I will do my best to keep things interesting. I will be giving everyone that follows plenty of opportunities to school me and guide me in the right direction. If you are the teacher/mentor type, please join me on this journey of being an indoor growing virgin. If you are a newbie and need to learn along with me, please join up and please ask questions. I may not be able to answer all your questions, but the levels of wisdom and insight in this forum are beyond comprehension and we can both learn! Everyone else...well join anyway!

That's all I have for you now folks. Thanks again to everyone involved with this event. And to the 39 other growers...let's have some fun, learn, and grow some amazing ladies!!!
Questions Questions Questions!! My Inline fan set ups are all in my tents with the air pushing out with forced air coming in with an air booster fan am I doing all this backwards!? When I was growing in a room I just had all my inline fan ducting tubes go directly over the entrance of the flower room. I would have my c02 grow bags in my tents to allow the air flow from the fans with the wasted c02 that was being sucked out from the fans to flow directly on top of the room I was flowering in.

Nice start, Baked.

I'll follow along and we can learn together.

:passitleft:
Hey HG! Thanks so much. And yes...LOTS of learning to be had. Haa haaa haaa.

Questions Questions Questions!! My Inline fan set ups are all in my tents with the air pushing out with forced air coming in with an air booster fan am I doing all this backwards!? When I was growing in a room I just had all my inline fan ducting tubes go directly over the entrance of the flower room. I would have my c02 grow bags in my tents to allow the air flow from the fans with the wasted c02 that was being sucked out from the fans to flow directly on top of the room I was flowering in.
Hey Moto...I'm pulling in fresh air passively. Also, in the pic I posted i still don't have the ducting connected on the end of the fan. I will likely be connecting it to my furnace exhaust.
:popcorn: nice intro!
I'd go with 4 plants in a 4x4 :thumb: especially if your going to do any LST or topping.
Good luck with your grow
Thanks Furcifer. I will be topping and doing some LST. I'm just not sure when I'll be doing it and what height I'll train too before switching to flower. :laugh: I envision my canopy all the way to the damn top of the tent because I have no idea when to stop them. :morenutes:

>
Hey HG! Thanks so much. And yes...LOTS of learning to be had. Haa haaa haaa.

Hey Moto...I'm pulling in fresh air passively. Also, in the pic I posted i still don't have the ducting connected on the end of the fan. I will likely be connecting it to my furnace exhaust.

Thanks Furcifer. I will be topping and doing some LST. I'm just not sure when I'll be doing it and what height I'll train too before switching to flower. :laugh: I envision my canopy all the way to the damn top of the tent because I have no idea when to stop them. :morenutes:
Makes since thanks BakedARea! My grow area is swamped with things I have yet to see anywhere else and makes me wonder if I'm doing things wrong sometimes!
And just know I'm with ya on the stretch dilemma I have yet to even do research on this strain were all growing on these days so be prepared to see my journal with some riging along the way while learning this strain for the first time growing it. Stay green I'll be in for the show!

Back
Top Bottom