A quick update. 20 hour soak and 5 of 6 have sunk. Hopefully the straggler is not a dud. The air bubbles coming from one of the seeds is cool! Is this a normal process? I imagine it is slowly filling the inside of the seed capsule with water which means it's opening...right?!

A quick update. 20 hour soak and 5 of 6 have sunk. Hopefully the straggler is not a dud. The air bubbles coming from one of the seeds is cool! Is this a normal process? I imagine it is slowly filling the inside of the seed capsule with water which means it's opening...right?!

Have they been sitting sunk for some time now? That bubble does look pretty neat catching that in action but I think they are ready to take out if their sinking on ya my friend. I tend to be paranoid and only let them soak till my patience tells me to go to the paper towel method around 6-12 hours after soaking them with peroxide and RO water. I might be very touchy touchy but I think if your thumb has some green in it them touchs turn to love. Cheers my friend!

Have they been sitting sunk for some time now? That bubble does look pretty neat catching that in action but I think they are ready to take out if their sinking on ya my friend. I tend to be paranoid and only let them soak till my patience tells me to go to the paper towel method around 6-12 hours after soaking them with peroxide and RO water. I might be very touchy touchy but I think if your thumb has some green in it them touchs turn to love. Cheers my friend!
I changed out their water right before this pic so it would be fresh until they fully opened. I'll get them into a paper towel though. I have germinated with just a paper towel and no soaking in the past. I appreciate the concern, seriously. I'll go change them up right now! How about the one that has not sunk? Should I leave her in the water until she does or go ahead and put her in the paper towel too?

I changed out their water right before this pic so it would be fresh until they fully opened. I'll get them into a paper towel though. I have germinated with just a paper towel and no soaking in the past. I appreciate the concern, seriously. I'll go change them up right now! How about the one that has not sunk? Should I leave her in the water until she does or go ahead and put her in the paper towel too?
Honestly my friend I've never been able to let myself test the drown theory on our precious cannabis seeds yet, but I've been just doing the soak with peroxide to try and wash any unwanted bacteria that might have gotten onto the seeds before hand and then off to the paper towel for the remaining germination process. Your making me want to test this now tho lmao so be prepared for an update unless you have done this test out first hand or want to sacrifice the one seed that's not sinking on ya yet to this drown theory to see what happens.

Honestly my friend I've never been able to let myself test the drown theory on our precious cannabis seeds yet, but I've been just doing the soak with peroxide to try and wash any unwanted bacteria that might have gotten onto the seeds before hand and then off to the paper towel for the remaining germination process. Your making me want to test this now tho lmao so be prepared for an update unless you have done this test out first hand or want to sacrifice the one seed that's not sinking on ya yet to this drown theory to see what happens.
I ment to also say it's safe to put that one seed in with the others as well to finish germinating in the paper towel if you choose this method. I think it's pretty simple and easy if you didn't have a way to keep humidity and temps up while germinating to just use the method of paper towels. Hope this helps my friend!

Let it sink in water for 24/48h

when it sink by itself , take it away with spoon, put the seed in small coco pellet , that you have sink in water before
never let the coco dry , put pellet in little bit hot area(not in direct sun )

after 2 to 5 days , they will bloom
100% guarantee succeed

:lot-o-toke: :lot-o-toke: :lot-o-toke: :lot-o-toke:

I decided to get them out of the water and put them on the paper towel. When I went to check on them, they were all floating again! :laugh: My seeds are broken or somehow physics and air bubbles got involved. I'm leaning toward broken. :bong: Just kidding @Weed Seeds Express ! These seeds look amazing and ready to burst.

So much for my tiger striped seed though...WTH?! Does that normally happen when they get soaked like that?

They all went into the paper towel and into a bag in a cabinet. They are sitting at 68° at the moment.
Let it sink in water for 24/48h

when it sink by itself , take it away with spoon, put the seed in small coco pellet , that you have sink in water before
never let the coco dry , put pellet in little bit hot area(not in direct sun )

after 2 to 5 days , they will bloom
100% guarantee succeed

:lot-o-toke: :lot-o-toke:
I appreciate the insight. I do have a bunch of peat pellets actually. I was going to do some custom seedling mix for all of them but I think I may take you up on that suggestion and try a couple in the peat pellets vs my methods. It will be good to experiment and gain my own opinions on various methods. Thanks again!

I decided to get them out of the water and put them on the paper towel. When I went to check on them, they were all floating again! :laugh: My seeds are broken or somehow physics and air bubbles got involved. I'm leaning toward broken. :bong: Just kidding @Weed Seeds Express ! These seeds look amazing and ready to burst.

So much for my tiger striped seed though...WTH?! Does that normally happen when they get soaked like that?

They all went into the paper towel and into a bag in a cabinet. They are sitting at 68° at the moment.

I appreciate the insight. I do have a bunch of peat pellets actually. I was going to do some custom seedling mix for all of them but I think I may take you up on that suggestion and try a couple in the peat pellets vs my methods. It will be good to experiment and gain my own opinions on various methods. Thanks again!
i screw so many seed until i did that ... then i didn't screw anymore after that

i was skeptical , but it's the only method that work almost guarantee for me

Looks like you're on a roll. I wouldn't worry about the seeds not sinking, or sinking and then floating again. I don't even soak my seeds in a glass most times but I used to. Everything I have growing right now was just thrown into paper towels and set one warm surface in my little container to keep it humid and not have the paper towels dry out.

Be sure to open that bag a couple times a day if it's completely sealed. I've seen the paper towels start to go moldy real quick without a little fresh air once in a while. I always check my seeds a couple times a day anyways, as soon as I see them split and start to poke out the tiniest tap root they hit the dirt/rockwool.

Keep up the good work, you're almost there!

Mate that is such a quality setup you've got there. Keen as to follow along and goodluck man!
Thanks for tagging along amigo! Much appreciated. Any insight will always be welcomed!
as soon as I see them split and start to poke out the tiniest tap root they hit the dirt/rockwool.
That was going to be another question soon. When I should get them into soil. Also, I didn't check them this morning. I will ask the beautiful wifey to open and blow...the bag that is.

I wanted to be sure and give @Sierra Natural Science huge props for this amazing sponsorship! I just received my SNS209 formula from them! I will need to be diligent on using this throughout the grow. Looks like some great stuff. Anyone else out there have experience with it? I've never used their products sadly. I should have been supporting their products for years though.

How does this affect the biology of a TLO soil?

Seed update coming up!

I wanted to be sure and give @Sierra Natural Science huge props for this amazing sponsorship! I just received my SNS209 formula from them! I will need to be diligent on using this throughout the grow. Looks like some great stuff. Anyone else out there have experience with it? I've never used their products sadly. I should have been supporting their products for years though.

How does this affect the biology of a TLO soil?

Seed update coming up!
I'm starting to enjoy the products a lot!! I used the sns with the red on the bottle on thrips I had and couldn't seem to get rid of using other things out their. I did a bunch of things to try and get the products to be affective and found out a lot of info to being successful when using to foliar feed. Here's a link to some good info for ya before starting. How To Properly Foliar Spray - GreenCoast Hydroponics Knowledge Center

I did a bunch of things to try and get the products to be affective and found out a lot of info to being successful when using to foliar feed. Here's a link to some good info for ya before starting. How To Properly Foliar Spray - GreenCoast Hydroponics Knowledge Center
That's awesome info! Thank you. My biggest thing this season is being more consistent with the preventative side of their care. The 209 look like it will be an awesome way to keep them protected. I was going to spray/slightly drench the seedling soil with it but I'm not sure that would have been ok. So I'm going to wait until there is good foliage growth.

I have a bunch of pics and updates to post. I passed out last night...

Back
Top Bottom