Well I finally got here ,u got some good gear for a decent indoor grow ,now u just need the faith to follow thru ,
By reading your journal (most of) u certainly have the knowledge all that's needed is the faith in yourself that you can rock that grow ,it's there u got it bro :Namaste: :goodluck:
Thanks for stopping by Freak! I appreciate the encouragement and reminder to have faith. You are right...I often doubt myself. I truly am my worst enemy man. Something I struggle with every day!

New seeds got dunked tonight at 9:30pm PST. Filtered water and some H2O2.
I will leave them in there until I see the tap root and put them into some soil.

I also hooked up my new fancy wifi humidifier! This thing brought my RH % from the low 40s to 60s in less than 10 minutes. It will be interesting to see how long the reservoir lasts trying to maintain a 60% setting. From what I have been reading, growers prefer a mid 60% to mid 70% range during veg? I would love your insight on RH and how you tackle it.

I'm growing my cookie's in low 30s to mid 40s RH ,,I have noticed u like to experiment so why not take 1 of those seeds n put straight into a small pot of soil and nothing else,,just stick it in pot an keep moist ,,you'll b surprised how easy an straight forward it is ,,Anyway :goodluck: on wot ever method u choose

I'm growing my cookie's in low 30s to mid 40s RH ,,I have noticed u like to experiment so why not take 1 of those seeds n put straight into a small pot of soil and nothing else,,just stick it in pot an keep moist ,,you'll b surprised how easy an straight forward it is ,,Anyway :goodluck: on wot ever method u choose
Yeah, you got me on that. I definitely like to experiment. I have put seeds directly into soil before. I did just plant a couple seeds directly into the soil outside. Still haven't seen anything popping up. Starting to get worried.

Good morning, Baked.

I have that you initially germinated 6 seeds. And, now you're adding 3 more to the mix for a total of 9 GSC plants?

Good morning, Baked.

I have that you initially germinated 6 seeds. And, now you're adding 3 more to the mix for a total of 9 GSC plants?
5 of 6 germinated originally. I just killed #4. I'm doing three more to fill the spot for #4 and just in case I have issues for the two that were put outside directly into the garden beds. Those have been 5 days and still no sight of them. I figured I would pop 2 more in case those in the ground never end up showing.

DAY 7 UPDATE

The babies were looking much happier today. I have to believe the increased humidity and extra watering helped. There are two distinct growth patterns I am seeing right now. Tall and stretchy then short and stout.

I am thinking different phenotypes and nothing to do with the container differences. What do you all think?

I lowered the light from 20" to 17" last night as well. That probably has something to do with their happiness too I assume. This afternoon, I dropped it another 3". From the top of #1 to the light is 12". Top of the pots to the light is 14". The Bestva Pro1000 (by @GrowTina ) is still set at the lowest setting. I am testing a couple apps and a Dr. Meter LUX meter I got. I want to find something I can consistently rely on having multiple lights in the tent. I may end up on the light threads later tonight to get some more schooling.

Here one of my little helpers in my greenhouse protecting the peppers!

I got the oyster shells into my TLO soil today! Tumbled it up and filled up my cooking container. Just since yesterday, the soil reached a cooking temp of over 100°. I'm sure it will be reaching much higher temps with all the nitrogen inputs that went into this soil.

So my double batch made enough to fill a 27 gallon container. The recipe in the book has a single batch making 16 gallons of soil. That means I am short. I am honestly not sure how. I am a little irritated that it is off. Oh well....

You guys rock! Seriously... thank you! Ohhh... aaaaand I appreciate all the love. Blessings to the WSE team!
Screenshot_20210504-103706_Chrome.jpg
Thank you so much!!

5 of 6 germinated originally. I just killed #4. I'm doing three more to fill the spot for #4 and just in case I have issues for the two that were put outside directly into the garden beds. Those have been 5 days and still no sight of them. I figured I would pop 2 more in case those in the ground never end up showing.

So, now you're growing 8??? Your reply reads like one of those math problems I used to hate, e.g. Train A left the station travelling west at 100 mph and Train B, etc.:hmmmm:

So, now you're growing 8??? Your reply reads like one of those math problems I used to hate, e.g. Train A left the station travelling west at 100 mph and Train B, etc.:hmmmm:
Haa haaa. Sorry for the confusion HG. Not my intention. Currently only 4 of them have foliage (1,2,3, & 5). Update on the other 3 dunked in water coming later. So technically 7 now. If I had more space, I would have germinated more.

So this LOCOmotive is traveling 100mph with 7 train cars. The initial destination is scheduled to arrive in roughly 8 weeks. The next destination, should be another 8 weeks! If any train cars decide to derail and crash into a fiery inferno, I will put out an update.

Let's have a moment of silence for #4 & #6. May they forever be remembered for their kindness and efforts to make this world a better place. Peace and blessings you two! You will be forgotten...

Let's have a moment of silence for #4 & #6. May they forever be remembered for their kindness and efforts to make this world a better place. Peace and blessings you two! You will be forgotten...
4 and 6 have joined my two ladies, that suffered a peat pellet drowning, in the great cannabis field in the sky.

DAY 8 UPDATE - #1,2,3,5

New Seeds Update - #7,8,9

These little ladies got transplanted into new containers this evening.

I decided to add some good stuff into the container to see how they will react. They all got a pinch of Earth Alive Soil Activator, pinch of @DYNOMYCO , and some @GeoFlora Nutrients Veg on the top and then scratched in before adding the seedling.

Now we wait until they breach the soil surface.

It will be interesting to see if these babies end up doing better than the others. With the added GG Veg nutrients and soil activator, I imagine these babies will be more vigorous. The previous batch did get a dose of Dynomyco, except for #4 (which died).

Wow...I was supposed to press 'Post Reply' last night. Yup...too baked.

DAY 9 UPDATE - # 1, 2, 3, & 5

Although not much has changed, I got a "little" baked, then headed into the tent for the afternoon check. Something jumped out at me! My brain was like, (insert CA dude accent) "WHOOOOOOAAAAAAAA!!!"

Do you see it?! Come on... what do you see?

Since I was getting pictures,
They are growing!

Weird that #5 has its leaves stuck together like that. The rest look good though. #5 looks good, too if maybe a little strange.

Weird that #5 has its leaves stuck together like that. The rest look good though. #5 looks good, too if maybe a little strange.
#5 is definitely strange! I like it though weirdly enough. #5 needs to make it and if it grows funky, I'm cool with that.

She is not looking happy today though. It's edges are looking a little crispy. I gave a little water from below to see how it goes.

DAY 11 UPDATE - #1,2,3, & 5

But first, an official Happy Mother's Day to all the amazing mommas out there! I hope you have as a relaxed day as possible like Mister Teddy. He sends you all love and blessings from his favorite place on earth! :circle-of-love:

Ok...picture updates.

#5 is not looking pleased today. A little crispy if you ask me. I bottom watered her today to see if that will help.

DAY 0 UPDATE - #7,8, & 9
They all breached the soil. #7 is looking the best so far.

I want to get my desired light settings dialed in. Other than buying a $500 quantum meter, the Photone app seems to be like the best bet so far. I'm just not seeing the accuracy using a LUX meter. Maybe I am not using the right conversions.

Anyway, the PPFD reading I got from the Bestva Pro1000 provided by @GrowTina was getting between 340-370 at about 14" from the canopy at the lowest setting. I completely forgot to pull out the watt meter. I'll do that soon.

Thank you again @GrowTina for a chance to use this light. So far, it is being used exclusively for the seedlings. Soon, there will be two Bestva Pro1000 and each light getting their own plant. I am looking forward to writing up a full review.

I bumped it up to around 470 but had to make a 420 pitstop first...

DAY 12 UPDATE - #1,2,3, & 5

#1 & #3 are growing tall. #5 is definitely looking more unhappy this morning. Maybe it had too much H2O already and I made it worse?!

DAY 1 UPDATE - #7,8, & 9

#7 looking as it should! #8 & #9 still had a thin layer from the seed hull covering them and keeping them from opening completely. Gave them a little spritz of water and carefully removed it. They should be fine and start opening up normally. Looking forward to seeing the growth difference this afternoon.

Hey Baked! I finally have caught up a little and joined your grow! Good luck! Mine are right behind you!

p.s. love your camera work!
Hey stranger! Thanks so much. Glad to have you along as always. Whether you pop in and out or stay up to date makes no difference. Your wisdom and honesty is always appreciated! I also appreciate the kind words about the camera. Blessings Em

Hey bud just catching up.

Ya got some going out side as well, I can see why you mentioned 7 gallon pots I was thinking how big is your grow room !

Air pots can come in large sizes as well even for semi mature trees.

On a side note fabric pots work in a similar fashion.

Back
Top Bottom