@BakedARea Looking Great!

Love the mycelium networks and fine hairs! Keep up the amazing grow.

I will pop back in the coming days to see what's up.

Happy Growing :peace:
Thanks so much again for your sponsorship and more importantly an amazing product! Every plant I have used DynoMyco on has flourished. Not just cannabis by the way! I appreciate you stopping by.
Looks great Baked. What are those platforms you have your fans on? Do they connect to the tent poles? I have been looking for something like that for a while.
If I had the two cents and capital to get something started, I would manufacture various tent accessories like those platforms. Unfortunately, those platforms are not ideal and they are square. So when put into the corner, it puts pressure on the tent walls. I'm tempted to cut them so they will fit better but so far, they are functional. They are microphone stand platforms. I got them off Amazon. The platform on the right side is definitely the better one. I'll send you the link for the one I bought via PM. I cannot remember if we are allowed to post links to non-vendor items on the forum.

Lucky #8 - Veg Day #29 - was moved out to where she will be spending the rest of the summer and fall!

I will be watching her closely though to make sure the direct sun for that many hours does not stress her out. I don't think it will. It has been enjoying the open greenhouse for the past couple weeks.

A quick recap on this raised garden bed. This is the third year of using these beds. At the end of winter, it was amended with fresh compost, chicken manure, alfalfa meal, azomite. At the time of planting the original seed on April 28th, I added 20 oz of 'VEG' from @GeoFlora Nutrients . I came up with that number by imagining a plant and a 20 gallon container. I added a bunch of the Earth Alive 'Soil Activator ' too.

She will also have access to an ancient river bed full of nutrients and minerals. She will never be able to mine that far down though. I will be planting other plant miners instead that will be used for green mulches and fermented fertilizers. Comfrey and dandelions will be primary miners. Still looking into other species. If you have any recommendations, please let me know what you like to use.

This was the intended spot for one of the seeds sown directly in the soil. Neither of those germinated so that is why I decided to germinate more seeds at a later date.

At the time of planting the seed, back on April 28th, I also planted some red clover. This is an excellent nitrogen fixer. It got cut down today and will be a green mulch for #8.

Another companion plant that I sowed seed back in April are marigolds! You can see some in the front edge of the raised bed and also some in the back. I'm probably going to transplant some more that are already blooming from other areas in the garden. I want to disguise her for as long as I can with the marigolds. They should help confuse the cabbage moths...not for long though. I'll still be utilizing BT foliar sprays for complete prevention.

Oh...quick edit. I forgot to mention that I am seriously thinking about burying her as is in this container. What do you all think? Good or bad idea? I'm on the side of "it's worth a shot and see what happens". I could get her into the ground tomorrow if I wanted to and just let her go nuts. Thoughts?!

I also harvested the "micro" greens in the adjacent bed that was intended for the other GSC seed. My intent was to have a living mulch of micro greens to harvest throughout the summer. I let the greens get a bit out of hand though so I chopped it all down and do better at harvesting when they are young leaves. This spot will be getting a different plant though.

BakedARea, Great outdoor garden updates and ideas, thanks. Looking good. Take other opinions, but I would unleash the plant from the strainer tub confines…straight into the ground with goodness you’ve established over time. Cheers
Thanks cr8! I appreciate the insight. I've gone back and forth on it. A part of me wants to leave it in there just to see what happens. Then again, I also want to see what kind of plant my garden beds could produce. Maybe I'll save the strainer pot for a different plant and accomplish both ideas?! DUH!

See @420 ...ANOTHER duh moment!
:hmmmm::idea::laughtwo:

Lucky #8 - Veg Day #29 - was moved out to where she will be spending the rest of the summer and fall!

I will be watching her closely though to make sure the direct sun for that many hours does not stress her out. I don't think it will. It has been enjoying the open greenhouse for the past couple weeks.

A quick recap on this raised garden bed. This is the third year of using these beds. At the end of winter, it was amended with fresh compost, chicken manure, alfalfa meal, azomite. At the time of planting the original seed on April 28th, I added 20 oz of 'VEG' from @GeoFlora Nutrients . I came up with that number by imagining a plant and a 20 gallon container. I added a bunch of the Earth Alive 'Soil Activator ' too.

She will also have access to an ancient river bed full of nutrients and minerals. She will never be able to mine that far down though. I will be planting other plant miners instead that will be used for green mulches and fermented fertilizers. Comfrey and dandelions will be primary miners. Still looking into other species. If you have any recommendations, please let me know what you like to use.

This was the intended spot for one of the seeds sown directly in the soil. Neither of those germinated so that is why I decided to germinate more seeds at a later date.

At the time of planting the seed, back on April 28th, I also planted some red clover. This is an excellent nitrogen fixer. It got cut down today and will be a green mulch for #8.

Another companion plant that I sowed seed back in April are marigolds! You can see some in the front edge of the raised bed and also some in the back. I'm probably going to transplant some more that are already blooming from other areas in the garden. I want to disguise her for as long as I can with the marigolds. They should help confuse the cabbage moths...not for long though. I'll still be utilizing BT foliar sprays for complete prevention.

Oh...quick edit. I forgot to mention that I am seriously thinking about burying her as is in this container. What do you all think? Good or bad idea? I'm on the side of "it's worth a shot and see what happens". I could get her into the ground tomorrow if I wanted to and just let her go nuts. Thoughts?!

I also harvested the "micro" greens in the adjacent bed that was intended for the other GSC seed. My intent was to have a living mulch of micro greens to harvest throughout the summer. I let the greens get a bit out of hand though so I chopped it all down and do better at harvesting when they are young leaves. This spot will be getting a different plant though.
Hey there Baked
Hope your well. And I hope you don’t mind me popping in?
I believe Caliente mustard is a real good green manure. Never used it, but when I was looking for something to do the job this year..this was top of the list. Has other benefits as it rots, as the gas released helps to kill off some other nasties in the soil too.
Not exactly scientific soz:)
Peace an buds to ya

Hope your well.
I'm blessed beyond measure. Thank you for asking. Sometimes though, we have some uphill battles in various areas in our lives. That's where I am at. Blessed but fighting to keep things afloat if that makes sense. Haaa haaa.
And I hope you don’t mind me popping in?
Not at all! The more the merrier. I appreciate you chiming in anytime. Questions, wisdom, and criticism are always welcome here!
I believe Caliente mustard is a real good green manure.
Huh?! I have various mustard green seeds but I'll have to see if I have any that are specifically hot/caliente cultivars. Thanks for the tip.

* UPDATE *
1,2,3 - VEG DAY 35 (5/12)
Above Soil 4/28 - 2 wk seedling stage
#1 topped 6/3 -
7,8,9 - VEG DAY 31 (5/16)
Above Soil 5/9 - 1 wk seedling stage

Outdoors Zone 9B, California
#2 - Bonsai Inspired Design
#8 - Raised Garden Bed (Future home)

I forgot to post pics from yesterday. Loading them up with today's update so I can have them archived for reference. I have a few conundrums to figure out. First a couple group shots and then pics of the individuals.

#1 is feeling a bit light in weight today. She just got a topdress and drench 3 days ago. Could she be ready to move up already?! Going to give her a drink tomorrow. If she gulps that up in a couple days, then I will pot her up. Thoughts on jumping up to her final container from this 1 gallon? Or should I go to a 3 gal squat before her final?

#3 needs some training ASAP. I was thinking of chopping her down from what appears to be the tenth node...down to the 5th or 6th. Then stretch her out from there? Or just chop her top 2 nodes and start bending? She's getting tall and I don't want to lose too much time. Any suggestions are welcome on what you would do.

I definitely shocked #7 & 9 when I hacked their fan leaves. Today though, they look much better and growing with more vigor than I've seen.

#8 Looked absolutely delighted this morning! She spent a lovely and cool evening in the garden. She woke up this morning to the sight of beautiful Morning Glory 'Sunrise Serenade' blooms in the background. I simply cannot wait until that vine fills up that fence line and the marigolds start blooming! It will be a beautiful view.

BakedARea, looking good…my grow is lazy organic soil. I water 2 gallons once a week, more often towards the end. I go days without looking in the cabinet after LST and plant from solos to 5 gallon pots. Works for me.
Yeah, I get you on the lazy part. Thanks for the wisdom.

Been having tough days recently and some of the tasks start to wear on you. So far, what I have been doing for them has been easy. One of the best parts of this experience and sticking with soil for indoor has been its simplicity. Plus the easy nutrients from @GeoFlora Nutrients makes it even easier. Being able to step back and watch them and not worry so damn much has been nice. Focus on watering them and training them. That's about where my mind is on them at this point. I'm trusting the pest management from @Sierra Natural Science and the health of my soil to keep my plant healthy. With soil, I feel people can get as involved as they want to with it at any point. As long as you get the basics and provide the correct environment, the rest of the complexities are handled 100% by nature. Knowing myself, my expectations, and variable health restrictions, I know that being able to be laid back about the growing process is important to me. I cannot stress and have anxiety growing my meds. Needs to be a peaceful process and absolutely have some lazy times if I need it to be.

* UPDATE *
1,2,3 - VEG DAY 36 (5/12)
#1 topped 6/3 -
7,8,9 - VEG DAY 32 (5/16)

I did a little bit of watering today. #1 was starting to droop a little and definitely lighter than yesterday. #3 was feeling light too.

#7 & 9 got some edge water only. They were still feeling like they have plenty of water. #7's edges will be more difficult to keep hydrated being a net pot and all.
Drench was @Sierra Natural Science SNS209 at 1/2 Tbs/Gal & @Terpinator at 5 mL/Gal
#1 - 150 mL edge / 250 mL edge & center - runoff
#3 - 200 mL edge / 250 mL edge & center - runoff
#7 - 250 mL / 250 mL / 250 mL - no runoff - edges only
#9 - 250 mL / 250 mL - runoff - edges only

A special thanks to @GeoFlora Nutrients for making it easy so far. I haven't had to put too much thought into my nutrient schedule. Only thing is timing my watering with a topdress. So far, I've been lucky enough to make it work. Thanks again!

My supervisor today was this goofy goober. Love this dude! He patiently waited all afternoon...and then decided to wake up and pose after all the work was done. It took a while to get it all put together. I got a new grill/smoker today for Father's Day! Super excited about it. Cooking up my first stuff in it right now as I'm typing this. I don't care that it's 11pm!

* UPDATE *
#2 - VEG DAY 40 (5/12)

#8 - VEG DAY 36 (5/16)

#2 - Bonsai Inspired Design

Whew...been a little distracted the past few days. I have taken pics and notes in my paper journal but just haven't updated here yet.

Quick update on #2 the Bonsai inspired creation and #8 going out in the garden bed.

Looks like a slug decided to climb onto #2 but I didn't see any damage. I keep seeing signs of other pests but the @Sierra Natural Science SNS209 must be working because I don't see any actual pests!

She also got some water today...a full and proper soaking!

#8 is still happy as can be living outside. Here are a couple pics from this weekend and one from today. I also thoroughly watered her today. I need to make a decision on how I will be training her. I was thinking of topping the main and then bending her back toward the North. After that, top all the side branches and train them outward. Would likely need to cut off the bottom few nodes too. Thoughts?

:thedoubletake: :thedoubletake: :thedoubletake:

* UPDATE *
# 1 & 3 - VEG DAY 40 (5/12)
#1 topped 6/3 -
# 7 & 9 - VEG DAY 36 (5/16)

These pics are from yesterday morning. You can see #1 & #3 are clearly thirsty.

I have a bit of a staggered update from the past few days. Lots of pictures and a lot gone done the past couple days. The most stressfull was knocking over #3 while watering. Worst part about it is that I was sober when I did it. Had I been even a tiny bit baked, that would NOT have happened. I would have been more in tune with my surroundings. Seriously!

She is doing fine though. She also got topped and wired to finally start her training. I'll be cutting off a couple lower nodes later and get some clones. Going to let them grow another week or I think.

I also STUPIDLY bent too far the top nodes AFTER I had already topped her. So I lost a node basically. I don't think it is anything tragic but it still sucks.

#1 also got a bunch of hack & slash action yesterday. She was topped on 6/3. Those two branches were already at their 3rd node. I decided I wanted to try a FIMM. I'm not sure if it was a success but we shall see.

I also looked at all her side branches and if they had at least 3 nodes, I topped or fimmed them. After that, I got the wire out and started bending. They were all pointing up this morning already.

Also, a few days ago I started to see the downward claw. I cannot remember what that signifies. Anybody?

They look good, Baked. Sorry about the one you dropped. I dropped GSC1 today sort of. It wasn't much of a drop; it was more like I knocked it over but it survived as I know yours will.

I'm afraid I don't know about the clawing. All I can think of is that maybe it's related to nitrogen?

And, I hope your FIM takes. Mine didn't and neither did Boo's.

They look good, Baked. Sorry about the one you dropped. I dropped GSC1 today sort of. It wasn't much of a drop; it was more like I knocked it over but it survived as I know yours will.

I'm afraid I don't know about the clawing. All I can think of is that maybe it's related to nitrogen?

And, I hope your FIM takes. Mine didn't and neither did Boo's.
Thanks for stopping in HG! Yeah...I had some choice words when I felt my foot hit the pot. Looked back and watched it happen in matrix status slow motion. I felt so dumb! Haaa haaa

looking good @BakedARea. I love your smoker! I really need to get one again. Sorry to see your plant fell over, it will be like it never happened before you know it though. As for the leave tips, I usually see it with high levels of nitrogen but I am not familiar with organics and I'm using different nutrients so maybe others have more insight. Keep it up!

Looking good there Baked... nice doggy!

You got a lot going on. GL with the outdoor it takes a while.

Glad you got your thrips thing TCO'd. They pretty easy to get rid of. I'm sure you're keeping a sharp eye open for any stragglers.

looking good @BakedARea. I love your smoker! I really need to get one again. Sorry to see your plant fell over, it will be like it never happened before you know it though. As for the leave tips, I usually see it with high levels of nitrogen but I am not familiar with organics and I'm using different nutrients so maybe others have more insight. Keep it up!
Thanks! That grill/smoker is amazing so far! FYI, I was on the fence about getting a Traeger. After reading a bunch of reviews, I ended up with this one. I joined an online group to learn some tips and many users there have a Traeger sitting in the corner being unused. Just sayin'

As for the nitrogen...I guess it is possible but it's not supposed to happen with organics like that. I'll look into it some more and see if that could be the case. I'm thinking root rot or root stress with too much water. They looked so happy with the last watering and then boom, the leaves started twisting and looking really dark. Then they dried up and got brittle.
Looking good there Baked... nice doggy!

You got a lot going on. GL with the outdoor it takes a while.

Glad you got your thrips thing TCO'd. They pretty easy to get rid of. I'm sure you're keeping a sharp eye open for any stragglers.
Thanks! Yeah, my Teddy boy is such a spoiled goober. Love that dude!

Yes! Lots going on and I feel like I am barely staying afloat right now. With life in general anyway it is a bit of rough patch. Being able to go out and see this beauty, #8, in my garden brings me some peace. I do have a long growing season. She could probably be 3 or 4x bigger at this point had I started her indoors before the last freeze and get her out afterward. Our growing season can start as early as February some years. She will probably be harvested sometime in mid to late October is my guess. We shall see! Haaa haaa

* UPDATE *
1,2,3 - VEG DAY 42 (5/12)
#1 topped 6/3 & 6/21 , #3 topped 6/21
7,8,9 - VEG DAY 38 (5/16)

Some quick pics on the ladies in the tent and #8 outside.

#1 & 3 are looking good. After the hair cuts and bending a few days ago, they are already spreading out with more foliage to fill in the gaps.
#1 is looking slightly stressed with some weird leaf twisting in a couple spots. She is also feeling light in the pot already. Probably will need to be watered tomorrow afternoon is my guess. #3 is slightly behind and still has a few days of water weight.

#7 & 9 are looking good and growing. #9 is filling in with more foliage every day. I really didn't need to go that crazy with the defoliation that early on. It definitely stalled her out. They both still need some training. I'm thinking a quadline for #7 in the net pot. #9...I may just top, pinch, and bend to shape.

#8 is looking...well...I am biased but I think she looks absolutely gorgeous!!! She was looking so happy and sexy this morning. She is showing no signs of pest pressure thus far! She is nearly surrounded by marigolds. I have seen cabbage moths coming into the garden more often over the past few weeks. They avoid her like she's not even there. Looks like the plant camouflage is working!

I also wanted to share a beautiful 'Party Dress' Morning Glory that will be filling the background fence for #8 soon. Oh! And my first plum harvest of the season. A quick morning snack before heading off to work. Blessed!

Back
Top Bottom