420 Magazine's Official Girl Scout Cookies Comparative Grow By Beez0404

Girl Scout Cookie Update for today 30 days post flip
I'm pretty convinced the girls are about finished stretching at this point being 4 weeks into flowering. So since the colas didn't get very long I'm sure hoping they get really fat and dense. All four plants are looking great. I am incredibly happy with the performance of the @Prescription Blend nutrients but more so the customer service by Matthew the Rx Blend rep here on 420 Magazine. He's been here to answer any and all questions in a timely manner and he's made sure I did not run out of any of the nutrients while the grow was still going on.

Between the Prescription Blend, The amazing FC-4800 light from @Mars Hydro , and the genetics provided by @Weed Seeds Express these plants have practically grown themselves these last 4-5 weeks. Here is to hoping they finish strong, get really fat, dense, and stinky along the way. Here is a quick photo I took this morning. They were all fed yesterday so loving life today basking under the Sun which is their Mars Hydro light.
Great work @beez0404 !! :love:

GIRL SCOUT COOKIES UPDATE
FLIP + 34 DAYS TODAY
So as not to bore all of ya'll I skipped a few days with updates. In that time I bought a new $38 USB microscope to use for F*^&** pest control and also for checking trichromes. I know at just 5 weeks post flip these GSC girls aren't ready, but I was really surprised at what I saw on the Durban leaner. Those photos will follow the plant pictures. Here are a couple family photos followed by a solo shot of the Durban leaner.

Here is the Durban leaning plant.

And here are a few trichrome shots using my brand new (figuring out how to use it) USB microscope. Am I seeing mostly cloudy trichromes with some amber? I'm thinking to do it right I would need to snip off a piece of a bud and trim off the sugar leaves. That might be what I captured in the photos and those trichromes will finish earlier then those on the actual bud right?

Looking at the trichomes makes me think your Durban leaner is ready. Why don't you tag Weed Seeds Express and see if they know?

Other than that, I love how uniform your plants look in the tent. Hopefully, mine will too.

How about it @Weed Seeds Express ? What say ye on the Durban leaning plant? Is it possible it's ready to be harvested just 35 days (5 weeks) after being flipped? I also need to ask our resident expert @InTheShed for his opinion.

Okay, so back at the beginning of this Comparative Grow my bottle of Kelp-Ful fell off the counter and landed on the floor with about 1/3 of the bottle spilling out. Matthew the rep for @Prescription Blend saw my post about this and told me "I will not let you run out of Kelp-Ful. Last week I made mention of the fact that the bottle was getting kind of low. My mail just came today and check this out.

True to his word a new bottle of Kelp-Ful arrived in time so I now have plenty to complete the Comparative grow. That's pretty darn good service right there. On top of that the product is pretty darn good too. :high-five:

Beautiful work on the plants and well done to Rx Blend on the supply chain!
How about it @Weed Seeds Express ? What say ye on the Durban leaning plant? Is it possible it's ready to be harvested just 35 days (5 weeks) after being flipped? I also need to ask our resident expert @InTheShed for his opinion.
Just make sure you are looking at the calyx and not the sugar leaf when checking the trichomes.
What Brett said! ↑

The ambers are all on sugar leaves, so ignore those. Still seeing clears on the sugars so there are loads more on the bracts (calyxes).

FLIP + 34 DAYS TODAY
So as not to bore all of ya'll I skipped a few days with updates. In that time I bought a new $38 USB microscope to use for F*^&** pest control and also for checking trichromes. I know at just 5 weeks post flip these GSC girls aren't ready, but I was really surprised at what I saw on the Durban leaner. Those photos will follow the plant pictures. Here are a couple family photos followed by a solo shot of the Durban leaner.

Here is the Durban leaning plant.

And here are a few trichrome shots using my brand new (figuring out how to use it) USB microscope. Am I seeing mostly cloudy trichromes with some amber? I'm thinking to do it right I would need to snip off a piece of a bud and trim off the sugar leaves. That might be what I captured in the photos and those trichromes will finish earlier then those on the actual bud right?

Beez0404…your garden is amazing, my favorite style of hybrid buds. Scope shots great..indicate flowers are more mature than days post flip should be

Those are some amazingly clear trichome photos! You have a very steady hand. And it's a trip that there's so much cloudy and amber there already.

Those are some amazingly clear trichome photos! You have a very steady hand. And it's a trip that there's so much cloudy and amber there already.
The experts have chimed in and it's been determined that all those cloudy and amber trichromes are on sugar leaves so don't really count.

FLIP + 36 DAYS TODAY
I keep checking the plants very closely looking for any problems or signs of deficiencies or toxicities but it would appear the @Prescription Blend nutrient system has this under control. The only thing I am seeing is just the very tiny tips of some fan leaves on the largest plant being burnt which I would do anyway using my regular nutrients. I'm estimating 21-28 days to go with these plants and they'll be ready. I opened the tent a minute early today to snap this picture.

What I did was raise my light as high as it would go and turn the dimmer switch to full power and took my Lux readings. Then I started lowering the light till I was within the desired Lux range and that was it. I bought a Lux meter to no guessing. Not foolproof but much better then what I used to do and that was go by gut instinct.

Back
Top Bottom