420 Magazine's Official Girl Scout Cookies Comparative Grow By Beez0404

They look great Beez. Great Job. You're making a few of us jealous.

The @Prescription Blend nutrients are also doing a great job on both of my ladies. My colas on one of my plants look like yours but not the leaves. The other plant looks completely different. Both were identical until they went into flower.

I pollinated 1 bud on each of the four GSC plants with some leftover Lemon Pie auto pollen. The plants will most likely be mature and ready to harvest before the seeds are mature putting me in a position where I harvest the plants on time, delay harvest till the seeds are matured, or harvest all of the plant but the bud or two pollinated on each plant.
How beez rolls. I choose option 3.:yummy:
I believe they will be running across the finish line and not limping over it because the Prescription Blend nutrients are doing an excellent job. The plant with those affected little spots is the largest plant of the four with the biggest and densest buds. Perhaps she is drawing the most energy from the abundant leaf system. Plus what I saw was not on all the fan leaves just some. I think it's going to be alright.
They all look beautiful on their march to the end my friend great job with them per usual.

Girl Scout Cookies Update
Today at Flip + 6 weeks

No plant photos today instead I did a little practicing with the new USB microscope trying to figure out the best way to use it. These are three photos take on the trichromes on the Durban leaning Girl Scout Cookies plant at exactly 6 weeks of flowering. To my old eyes I'm seeing mostly cloudy trichromes but not seeing any amber yet. What do you guys see?

Ha Ha I saw that emerald colored trichrome. Contains pinene terpenes.
Here is a technique I figured out for steady shots with a sensitive e-scope…had a microphone stand ready to be repurposed.
3387BC17-7F1C-4AEF-932A-0F77FEAB5164.jpeg
8C9F9A4C-5A4F-4A8B-A673-1A810D063EB2.jpeg

How about it @Weed Seeds Express ? What say ye on the Durban leaning plant? Is it possible it's ready to be harvested just 35 days (5 weeks) after being flipped? I also need to ask our resident expert @InTheShed for his opinion.
Although I'd love to give some grow advice, due to Dutch legislation, I'm not allowed to give any grow advice in a personal way. On top of that, my main expertise is in the seeds, not so much the growing, so it's best to ask your fellow growers :cheer: :hippy:

I must admit it has been a while since I last visited your journal :green_heart:

But I am totally astonished on how well developed your flowers or bud has been through your own pictures & time frame of a developing plant... just amazing !

Not totally sure if I'm looking at a heavy weight phenotype just yet ?

But I may contribute some of the success to the light source used @Mars Hydro :thumb:

Girl Scout Cookies Update
Today at Flip + 46 Days

I have to say this grow has been a learning experience for me. At the beginning the plants just weren't happy and I immediately thought it must be the nutrients cause it couldn't be me right? WRONG! When trying to create my own homemade Pro Mix medium although I added the correct ingredients it seems I did not add the correct amount of organic garden lime which left my pH quite a bit too high so the plants were unable to uptake key nutrients. Once @InTheShed figured that out things started to turn around. So thank you InTheShed for investing your time and helping out. That's how you get to be Member of the Year 3 times.

So it turned out the @Prescription Blend Nutrients grow really pretty healthy plants once the plants can actually uptake what it has to offer. Thanks Matthew for your dedication and great customer service. If you are a grower looking for a nutrient regime for your plants consider giving Prescription Blend a go for a round of plants. If you have the same results I've had there is no doubt you won't be happy.

For this grow I was given a PROPER light by @Mars Hydro , one of their FC-4800 folding light fixtures. I had never had a light of this quality before and although once I bought a Lux meter and learned how much light and at what distance from the plants to have the light this was a piece of cake. Thanks again InTheShed for your guidance getting the FC-4800 set up for optimal performance. The bigger colas you can easily see in the photos are rock hard and HEAVY! But what you don't or can't really see are all the giant ping pong ball sized nuggets at the base of all those colas. These too are really dense and are no doubt packing some weight on them. So thank you Joy for allowing me to have what I consider to be a very successful grow. The light worked flawlessly. The ability to locate the driver outside the tent a Godsend. And the dimmer built right on to the light made small light intensity adjustments SO easy.

Now I'm not really a BIG SHOUT OUT kind of guy but I would be remiss in not thanking Weed Seed Express not only for myself but for everyone in the comparative grow. It was really generous of you to make your genetics available to all the growers. After this comparative grow I would not hesitate to purchase and grow beans from @Weed Seeds Express .

And last but not least these comparative grows would not have been possible without the guidance and leadership of Rob @420 A lot of work behind the scenes went in to making this happen. His dedication, and the hard work of his staff made this all possible. This is the first one of these grows that I can remember and hope it's not the last.

Now if you've read this far you're probably thinking this is the end of my grow. Well you would not be totally incorrect. Three of the girls have pretty much stopped drinking, and no the one still drinking isn't the Durban leaner it's the ping pong bud girl. I am going to start checking the trichromes on the 3 that have quit drinking and eating. I would expect they will be harvested in 7-10 days but they will not come down till they're fully ready and showing me cloudy with 25% amber crystals. I've included a couple family shots and one closer up shot of the ping pong ball bud plant.

Happy Monday! Hope everyone has a great week.

Here is the Ping pong ball bud girl below.

Thiis photo below is the plant that has always been a little bigger then the others.

Great update beze0404, I also appreciate this great opportunity to grow my favorite strain and compare so many grow styles…years of learning right here. Your plants look amazing and the pheno differences are evident…and not unwanted at my scale. My grow is about a week behind and looks very similar, minus the golf ball buds phenos. I will be very happy if these WSE GSC photoperiod fems are fast to flower…the scope will tell. Cheers

@beez0404 from those pics you would never know they had a rough start to life!

I'm very happy to see that they are doing so well and lowering the pH of your input nutrient and letting it drift upward was enough to compensate for the higher media pH. Honestly, I was not 100% sure it would work out but it was the best option available and turned out to be very effective. Great job!

My question is about your plans for the next period and how your going to choose when to cut. Do you like to do a flush for the last week or two to get the plants to fad the fan leaves or do you keep giving them food until the end? Are you going by time or tric colors or other variables to decide when to cut. Last question, and this is partly for my own curiosity, would you consider doing another media slurry test after you cut an compare that to the value you got way back at the start? It would be interesting to know if there was a shift in those pH values.

Looking forward to the final report. The last few weeks are the most exciting!

Back
Top Bottom