420 Magazine's Official Girl Scout Cookies Comparative Grow By Beez0404

Girl Scout Cookies Update
Today at Flip + 48 Days

Day 104 total from sprout

Coming down the home stretch now. I can answer your question about a flush, Matthew of @Prescription Blend . I fed all four plants today with a mixture of 15ml of Purpinator and 5ml of fulvic acid to a gallon of water. They won't be fed any more Prescription Blend nutrients. The two plants on the left, and the plant in the back right had not been watered/fed in the last 8 days. The plant in the front right was fed nutrients for the last time 4 days ago. After today I anticipate they will only be watered/flushed with straight water one more time and that should be it for them. I like to let the pots dry way out right before harvest. To water all four plants today took less then 1.5 gallons till runoff and a lot of that went to the plant front right.

To answer your second question my determination when to harvest will be made by the color of the trichromes. I invested in one of those USB microscopes for $40 and it's really helpful. Having photos like this really helps determine when it's time to harvest.

And Matthew you've been so good to me this whole grow I would be glad to do a slurry of some of the medium after the plants are harvested. I know right now the medium is pretty much just a solid root mass but I can knock some loose to test it. I wish now I had used bigger pots. I thought they were 4 gallon but turned out to be 3 gallon. They were probably rootbound even before they were flipped.

Tomorrow they've been flowering for a full 7 weeks. The @Weed Seeds Express site shows the harvest window at between 7 and 9 weeks so 49-63 days. So they will hit the front end of the window tomorrow. I could be wrong but I don't see the three "quicker" ones going 63 days but who knows I could be mistaken.

A couple pics taken today. First a family photo. Second pic is the ping pong ball plant that is taking longer.

Today at Flip + 48 Days

Day 104 total from sprout

Coming down the home stretch now. I can answer your question about a flush, Matthew of @Prescription Blend . I fed all four plants today with a mixture of 15ml of Purpinator and 5ml of fulvic acid to a gallon of water. They won't be fed any more Prescription Blend nutrients. The two plants on the left, and the plant in the back right had not been watered/fed in the last 8 days. The plant in the front right was fed nutrients for the last time 4 days ago. After today I anticipate they will only be watered/flushed with straight water one more time and that should be it for them. I like to let the pots dry way out right before harvest. To water all four plants today took less then 1.5 gallons till runoff and a lot of that went to the plant front right.

To answer your second question my determination when to harvest will be made by the color of the trichromes. I invested in one of those USB microscopes for $40 and it's really helpful. Having photos like this really helps determine when it's time to harvest.

And Matthew you've been so good to me this whole grow I would be glad to do a slurry of some of the medium after the plants are harvested. I know right now the medium is pretty much just a solid root mass but I can knock some loose to test it. I wish now I had used bigger pots. I thought they were 4 gallon but turned out to be 3 gallon. They were probably rootbound even before they were flipped.

Tomorrow they've been flowering for a full 7 weeks. The @Weed Seeds Express site shows the harvest window at between 7 and 9 weeks so 49-63 days. So they will hit the front end of the window tomorrow. I could be wrong but I don't see the three "quicker" ones going 63 days but who knows I could be mistaken.

A couple pics taken today. First a family photo. Second pic is the ping pong ball plant that is taking longer.

beautiful buds, especially in the bottom right corner... did you do a backbuild cut on those or did they just naturally get chunky like that?

beautiful buds, especially in the bottom right corner... did you do a backbuild cut on those or did they just naturally get chunky like that?
It would have to have been natural as I don't have the slightest clue what a backbuild cut is.

Back building is when you clip just a few calyx' off the very top of the bud - this stops the buds from getting "pointy" , and they end up with a rounded, more aesthetically pleasing
look- it doesn't make them any bigger, just nicer looking, for bag appeal.
It's done around week 5 of flower .

Today at Flip + 52 Days

Day 108 total from sprout

Coming down the home stretch with these 4 girls. The two in the back have pretty much quit drinking and are treating us to some fall colors. The two in the front are now sitting on the floor of the tent honestly because I needed the two milk crates. Those two were both watered a little today. The Durban leaner in the front right is real close, the closest of the four. I'll scope them all again on Wednesday. Not much else to say here so I'll drop in a family portrait taken a few minutes ago.

Today the four plants are at flip + 53 days. The plant in the back right which I never pay any attention to is really going to town cannibalizing her fan leaves. To the naked eye the plant looks about ready. I am about to pull her out of the tent and see what her trichromes look like. I was hoping they would all finish up together but it's not looking like that will be the case.

This plant is officially tagged as GSC #3 on her pot label. After looking her over real good there is some very good news. First she has no problems that I saw meaning no bud rot which does worry me on plants with buds this dense and hard. But I do make it a point to remove any leaves that die on the plant because that I have learned is one of the main causes of bud rot. The leaf dies and the stem of the leaf is trapped inside the bud where it decomposes and sometimes causes bud rot. So I give the leaf as much time as possible to give up it's sugars and nutrients to the plant and then remove it stem and all. Anyway I don't want to get long winded which I do from time to time.

Looking at the trichromes I could harvest this plant today but I am in the middle of trimming up two small plants from my latest seed run so the GSC will have to wait a few more days. I believe I will put her in the dark closet (still not convinced that does anything) for 48 hours and then get her stripped of fan leaves and hung up to dry. Let's go with the trichrome photos before the glamour shots. These photos are taken of bud material and not leaves which I snipped off.

Here are a couple photos showing her fall colors. She might be a smallish plant but those rock hard colas have some heft to them.

I snapped a couple pics of buds on Girl Scout Cookies #4 which I have been referring to as the ping pong ball plant. Her trichrome density has really increased over the last week. This plant has slowed its water uptake but not as drastically as the other three. She'll probably be a week to 10 days behind the other GSC plants. Buds are looking fantastic and again hard as rocks.

Back
Top Bottom