420 Magazine's Official Girl Scout Cookies Comparative Grow By BooWho2

5.5g in veg is getting up there and leaving you little headroom for flower.
I was at 5.5 and bumped it down for exactly the reason above…:hmmmm: maybe these girls can handle it?
Also, spraying for pests should start before you can see damage and continue through harvest. ;)
I have been - with the bee safe stuff - maybe I should go to Safers 3 in 1. Plus they have been getting the SNS 209 per the directions. It’s funny, I started hardening #2 a day later than 3 and 4, and she still looks beautiful. Weird. :laughtwo:

Thanks Shed.
in flower is where MC often begins to fail.
I have had trouble with my autos in flower on MC a couple of times already, but they’ve persevered and done fine. I’ve also seen problems with the GF in flower sooo… :hmmmm: Nutrients are one of many weak spots for me. But @MrSauga seems to always have his dialed in. I have a few things to choose from (nutrients and additives). I’m wondering if maybe Prescription blend might be a good pivot? I‘d just really,really like to mix one or two things and be done with it.….I thought Saugs was working on something like that? Probably a pipe dream.:laughtwo: On top of that, I’m outside and that means (I guess in my region) that there is something new (and terrible) happening every day! oof! They will not look pretty, but they will survive and make monster buds! I hope. :nervous-guy:

@MrSauga has worked out a formula for his plants that I've been following with my Red Dragon to great effect, and if you don't mind a few nute purchases, you can use the MC you have on hand as part of it.

The additions might be Nature’s Nectar Nitrogen 5-0-0, GH Calimagic, and Alchemist Stout MSA (silica). Four products for SaugaGreen® plants!

Strictly for example, here is a blend he did for Budz using MC v4.

they will survive and make monster buds!
No doubt!

And dispensable ones, not the kind you fall in love with.
This was funny. Thank you.
I‘d just really,really like to mix one or two things and be done with it
Good luck! Let me know what you find ;).
I thought Saugs was working on something like that? Probably a pipe dream.:laughtwo:
If I was, I quickly realized that it's nearly impossible to find the right mix. Mainly because manufacturers want you to buy other lines, but I also think it has to do with them not really knowing what plants want.
I believe you'll always end up with 3 or more nutes to run a good session.

I'm not sure what version this is but it's a pretty good mix of MC. Something to compare yours to.

You can see they are a lot closer now to a 4.2.1 ratio of K.Ca.Mg. The P is still high, which I've never figured out if it was a benefit to the plant at all. Since I haven't, I can only assume it does nothing. After 5.5g you are still running a high K level though.

LOL! Yes we do! I hope to get a pic of it some day. Virginia Wildlife Center just came out with a notice asking people to stop feeding the birds in feeders because there is a bird flu going on that is being spread thru the feeders and it's killing birds, problem (hopefully) solved for a little while. I think those mean dogs must be the Great Pyrenees that a lot of farmers around here have. My dog is too dumb, and thinks he can chase the bear. That won't end well. :confused:
It will for the bear.

Took me a while to get caught up, here are my first thoughts,
I'm wondering if I should add some CalMag in the next feed. They just got 5.5 gram/gal ( .5g bump up) along with silica, SNS 209, and some fulvic acid.

I’m wondering if maybe Prescription blend might be a good pivot? I‘d just really,really like to mix one or two things and be done with it.…
Your currently mixing 4 nutrient components (not including the SNS) and your having to use a scale AND a measuring cup/spoon....

As for the pivot, you can certainly switch them over to Prescription Blend (and I think you already have some). There are other growers in the comparative using our nutrients for the cycle and they have both found that the GSC does like to feed a little on the heavy side and have been using a little more then what is on our feed chart. About 11-12ml/gal of Core A/B instead of the listed 10ml/gal.

You can check @beez0404 here and @Brett Blaze here to see what they have going with their GSC and how they are using our nutrient line. Your media is similar to what beez is using. Happy to answer any question if I can.

Took me a while to get caught up, here are my first thoughts,

Your currently mixing 4 nutrient components (not including the SNS) and your having to use a scale AND a measuring cup/spoon....

As for the pivot, you can certainly switch them over to Prescription Blend (and I think you already have some). There are other growers in the comparative using our nutrients for the cycle and they have both found that the GSC does like to feed a little on the heavy side and have been using a little more then what is on our feed chart. About 11-12ml/gal of Core A/B instead of the listed 10ml/gal.

You can check @beez0404 here and @Brett Blaze here to see what they have going with their GSC and how they are using our nutrient line. Your media is similar to what beez is using. Happy to answer any question if I can.
Thanks so much for your response. You guys have been such a great sponsor here and being responsive is important! :thanks:

:ciao: The GSC ladies are looking good. I up potted #4 into a 10 gallon bag today because she was having some yellowing to her leaves. She was in a 2 gallon pot so I imagine she will explode even more with all that extra room.
PXL_20210621_202650993.jpg

Left to right: GSC #2, #4, and #3. Its been In the 90s for a couple days now, with thunderstorms tonight/tomorrow. Once that is done I will up pot #s 2 and 3 into their own 10 gallon pots. GSC #1 is looking gorgeous as ever.

I forgot to snap a pic of her and don’t want to go back inside the Playhouse after having messed with all the outdoor plants, so you will have to trust me. :cheesygrinsmiley: I am flipping her today. :nervous-guy:

@Prescription Blend, I’d like to start using your products in flower. I have a set of your nutes from a contest win already. Do you think that will be enough for this one plant over the next 9 weeks? Also, can I just roll right in with the recommended amounts in flower on each of the packages? I will use the adjusted amounts on Core A/B like you mentioned earlier. FYI - I’m in ProMix HP. Thanks so much for your help. :love:

Once that is done I will up pot #s 2 and 3 into their own 10 gallon pots.
They're gonna get huge!
I'm also interested in the Rx blend trial- are you going to try them on GSC#1?

They're gonna get huge!
I'm also interested in the Rx blend trial- are you going to try them on GSC#1?
OMG, they are! Lol. Yes, GSC #1. She took, and held most of a 2 gallon feeding today (she's in a 7 gal bag) so me thinks she is ready. :cheesygrinsmiley: Lifting that gal back into the tent after feeding was a muscle builder. :laughtwo:
I just want to make sure I've got enough for one monster plant thru flower. It looks pretty simple and I have it so, time to lean forward and lurn something new.

:ciao: The GSC ladies are looking good. I up potted #4 into a 10 gallon bag today because she was having some yellowing to her leaves. She was in a 2 gallon pot so I imagine she will explode even more with all that extra room.
PXL_20210621_202650993.jpg

Left to right: GSC #2, #4, and #3. Its been In the 90s for a couple days now, with thunderstorms tonight/tomorrow. Once that is done I will up pot #s 2 and 3 into their own 10 gallon pots. GSC #1 is looking gorgeous as ever.

I forgot to snap a pic of her and don’t want to go back inside the Playhouse after having messed with all the outdoor plants, so you will have to trust me. :cheesygrinsmiley: I am flipping her today. :nervous-guy:

@Prescription Blend, I’d like to start using your products in flower. I have a set of your nutes from a contest win already. Do you think that will be enough for this one plant over the next 9 weeks? Also, can I just roll right in with the recommended amounts in flower on each of the packages? I will use the adjusted amounts on Core A/B like you mentioned earlier. FYI - I’m in ProMix HP. Thanks so much for your help. :love:
You can transition right over from your prior feeding program. Don't worry about running out during your cycle. As we told the other participants, just send a DM if your getting low or when you know what you need to get through and we will work it out so you have enough.

You can transition right over from your prior feeding program. Don't worry about running out during your cycle. As we told the other participants, just send a DM if your getting low or when you know what you need to get through and we will work it out so you have enough.
Thank you so much for that.

So - using the directions for week 1 of flower - next feeding I will mix 11/12 ml of Core A and Core B, 4 ml of Big Data, 5 ml Kelp-ful, and 5 ml of Precurser 1 to each gallon I feed, correct? Then just follow the amounts based on weeks of flower, seems pretty darned easy if I’m correct! :thanks:

Hey @BooWho2 looking wonderful in your garden!
I switched to @Prescription Blend a couple weeks into flower on my last grow. After experiencing a crappy deteriorating issue.
Best move I've made in a while. There Nutrients are spot on!
:goodluck:

67 days old/day 1 of flip to 12/12.
PXL_20210622_130234512.PORTRAIT.jpg

Her highest nodes are at 36”.
PXL_20210622_130030304.jpg

She was happy this morning.
PXL_20210622_130017081.jpg

I need to pull some branches down/out a little farther and do some light defol.
The SP3000 from @Mars Hydro is a magnificent light. I’ve not yet turned it up full power and the gals have thrived under it so far. It also runs very quiet and cool, no heat issues in the tent yet - even with a couple of days in the mid 90s. It’s just a fantastic light that fits perfectly in the 2x4. Thank you again for the opportunity! :love:

Stay safe out there! :peace:

Hey @BooWho2 looking wonderful in your garden!
I switched to @Prescription Blend a couple weeks into flower on my last grow. After experiencing a crappy deteriorating issue.
Best move I've made in a while. There Nutrients are spot on!
:goodluck:
Hi @Furcifer! Thank you for that. I am a bit of a creature of habit and am not good at the nutrient thing so I’ve gotten a little stuck in one lane with nutrients. I’m excited to try something new (and hopefully easy). :cheesygrinsmiley:

What Shed said^^
You're a natural, Boo- I don't think you could grow a bad plant if you tried...

Back
Top Bottom