420 Magazine's Official Girl Scout Cookies Comparative Grow By Brett Blaze

Stage - Seedling: Day 4

A little break in the temperature today. High will be 91° F (33°C) and the current Rh is 47%.

No water was added this morning since they still looked saturated and I am still concerned with drowning, even in Coco. Tonight/tomorrow I will most likely start a twice a day watering. All water includes the @Prescription Blend Core A and Core B nutrients at a ppm level of 150. When testing the PH last night it looked like it creeped low to 5.7. I needed to add some distilled water (PH 8.0) to bring the PH up which diluted the solution slightly.

Do you mix nutrient in distilled or RO water? If so then your pH will settle on the low side and you might need to adjust it a small amount like you did. If you have pH UP (any brand) you can use that.

Do you mix nutrient in distilled or RO water? If so then your pH will settle on the low side and you might need to adjust it a small amount like you did. If you have pH UP (any brand) you can use that.
This was distilled water. I will change to tap when I hit veg. I mixed a batch with a gallon of distilled water for the seedling stage. Once corrected it has stayed level and steady since. I have pH Up but using the 8.0 distilled water worked. I'm sitting at 145 ppm now with 6.3 pH.

Thanks BA. I'm impressed I can maintain such a steady climate. Lights are on low and when I kick them up to 100% things will really start to change.

I like being able to look on my app to get all the climate detail and then click on the camera app on my PC and view everything without having to get my ass out off the couch. :nomo:

Thanks BA. I'm impressed I can maintain such a steady climate. Lights are on low and when I kick them up to 100% things will really start to change.

I like being able to look on my app to get all the climate detail and then click on the camera app on my PC and view everything without having to get my ass out off the couch. :nomo:
I just added a wifi humidifier to my tent tonight. All my lights are on wifi too. My fans are too. Gives me a sense of security being able to check on them whenever I want.

Stage - Seedling: Day 7
Priorities first this morning. :rollit:Ok now I'm ready.

Today's temperatures will reach 99° F (37°C) with Rh below 20%.

Tent climate: 77° F (25°C) with Rh at 55%

I watered last night with 35ml each which produced a little run off. This morning I added another 30ml each (120ml total). Run off came to 24ml total which is exactly 20% so I'm happy with the watering for now.

All the ladies still doing well. #1 is taking off, #2 still dwarfed but pushing out more sets of leaves, #3 a little yellow still with a thin stem (Seed dropped directly in solo cup with Coco) #4 has passed #3 and looks great.

Top 2 healthiest looking today are #1 and #4.

Today's photos:

Update 05052021-1.jpg

Update 05052021-2.jpg

Update 05052021-3.jpg

Update 05052021-4.jpg

Update 05052021-5.jpg

Update 05052021-6.jpg

Update 05052021-7.jpg

That was pretty knarly @Dano999 you got me wanting to hire you for my next comparison! Seriously pretty cool my friend
I changed the link and put it on Vimeo. YouTube was giving me grief.

Stage - Seedling: Day 8

Today's temperatures will reach 100° F (38°C) with Rh below 23%.

Tent climate: 73° F (23°C) with Rh at 55%

Boy these great seeds from @Weed Seeds Express are really starting to take off. I was able to see the difference from last night. #2 is looking much better and both #1 and #2 are producing third set of leaves.

#4 has definitely passed #3. I think I will add some Mycorrhizae to #3 tonight. It was the only one that had not received any.

I am at a week with using @Prescription Blend nutrients at 150 ppm. #1 and #2 are starting to produce their 3rd leaf set. It won't be long before I change the formula.

Seedling update 05062021-1.jpg

Seedling update 05062021-2.jpg

Seedling update 05062021-3.jpg

Seedling update 05062021-4.jpg

Seedling update 05062021-5.jpg

Happy Growing. :peace: :passitleft:

#1 & 2 are ready to take off! Mine are looking more like 3&4. When did you start your veg clock? I started mine at day one after they all had at least their first true leaves.

It seems like everyone has their own way of tracking the growth stages. I do wish it was standardized a bit more for a comparison grow like this. Just thinking out loud.

#1 & 2 are ready to take off! Mine are looking more like 3&4. When did you start your veg clock? I started mine at day one after they all had at least their first true leaves.

It seems like everyone has their own way of tracking the growth stages. I do wish it was standardized a bit more for a comparison grow like this. Just thinking out loud.
Hey BA

#1 and #2 are 4 days older than #3 and #4. I germinated 2 additional seeds when I lost two due to drowning (my fault). I hadn't used peat pellets before and they were too saturated. So 1 and 2 became seedlings (cotyledon opens) on April 26th, 10 days ago. 3 and 4 opened on April 30th and are 6 days old. Hopefully this provides a better way for you to compare growth.

When creating the Stage - Seedling: Day in the Header I split the difference to make it easy.

Typically seedlings stage is 2 to 3 weeks so 1 and 2 have 4 to 11 days more in seedling stage. I usually wait until I have three well developed nodes before I change to Veg stage. At that time they will go into 1 gal grow bags until I get 6 nodes.

I think there are a lot of different ways people determine Veg stage. When using nutrients that change in Veg it would be nice to have a standard. Maybe Matthew @Prescription Blend can comment on when he suggests starting Veg stage therefore changing the nutrient formula and strength.

:peace:

Stage - Seedling: Day 9

Today's temperatures will reach 97° F (36°C) with Rh below 15%.

Tent climate: 76° F (24°C) with Rh at 55%

All the ladies are looking good. I gave them 30ml of water this morning after 20ml with good runoff last night. 20ml this morning didn't produce any runoff and 30ml gave me more than I want so I'll cut back to 25ml.

Here are the latest photos.

Update 05072021-1.jpg

Update 05072021-2.jpg

Update 05072021-3.jpg

Update 05072021-4.jpg

Update 05072021-5.jpg

Update 05072021-6.jpg

Update 05072021-7.jpg

Update 05072021-8.jpg

Update 05072021-9.jpg

Smoke long and prosper. :peace: :passitleft:

Yeah, the led boards look cool in the droplet! Thanks for the info btw on the veg clock. I wish there was a standard as well. But I also see how different opinions and methods will likely mean that would be impossible.

Thanks for the info btw on the veg clock. I wish there was a standard as well. But I also see how different opinions and methods will likely mean that would be impossible.

For seedling to veg, I have no idea.

For flower, the grow description from the breeder seems to line up more from when they throw pistils. At least for me. I was initially baffled as to why my plants consistently took more time than described until I change my start date to when I could see the change.

Good Morning Fellow Growers. I love getting up early in the morning to take advantage of the 70°F weather. Today's high will get to 100°F.

As I get my self prepared before I take my morning shots, here's a tent shot. :rollit: :nomo:

They look happy. I need to straighten the camera today. Seeing verticals like that just bothers me. :eye-roll:

tent 0508.jpg

:peace:

Back
Top Bottom