420 Magazine's Official Girl Scout Cookies Comparative Grow By Brett Blaze

Update:

Stage - Flower Day 36 - 87 days above ground
#1 Bloom Day 19
#2 Bloom Day 24

Both ladies are looking amazing as they enter their 6th week of flower (days after flip). The combination of @Weed Seeds Express seeds. @Prescription Blend nutrients and the @Elevated Lighting Company Demon LED have produced some awesome looking plants. I'm looking at three more weeks for #2 and 4 weeks for #1. It's getting pretty exciting getting so close to harvest.

Each are taking about 1.8 liters net of water/solution a day. About 600 ml x 3 waters a day. This is the non runoff portion of the water/solution that each plant uses.

Today's Photos:

:peace: :passitleft:

Update:

Stage - Flower Day 38 - 89 days above ground
#1 Bloom Day 21
#2 Bloom Day 26

Both plants are continuing to bulk up but look very different. When pruning a few larger leaves off of #1 my hands and arms were really sticky. Much more so than #2. Each also has a different aroma. #1 is more lemony sweet while #2 has a spicier smell.

Today's Photos:

Latest Cola Shots:

Update:

Stage - Flower Day 41 - 92 days above ground
#1 Bloom Day 24
#2 Bloom Day 29

Finishing up week 6 of flower with about two to three weeks to go. The buds on #2 feel really dense.

Last night I did a major flush since output numbers climbed again to 500 ppm over the input. I used FloraKleen this time at 5 ml per gallon and used a full gallon for each plant. The numbers came down as would be expected with such a big flush. The 3:00 AM and this evening readings were around the 200 ppm over input mark. Also looking at #2 it has some tip burning and edge yellowing. Not a sign of issues on #1. Hopefully the flush and a few normal feedings will show some signs of correction.

I see the fungus gnats returned so I applied another soak of SNS 209. It's possible #2 has some gnat issues down in the roots causing the yellow edges but it could also be a few other things like lock up or a Mag deficiency which the flush should help.

Today's Photos:

Cola Shot:

Update:

Stage - Flower Day 43 - 94 days above ground
#1 Bloom Day 26
#2 Bloom Day 31

As we enter week 7 the aroma in the tent and the room has started to noticeably increase. It's a relaxing scent, not over bearing. Earthy with slight spice and fruit undertones. (Not an official review) :cheesygrinsmiley: It's getting so close I can almost taste it.
:drool:
I've have been flushing every evening with 50% strength solution at twice the normal quantity which has helped get the runoff numbers down. The 3:00 AM fertigation is with normal strength and the morning strength depends of the 3:00 AM numbers. I also lowered the total ppm of the solution by about 10%. The runoff from tonight's fertigation is still a little high but acceptable.

Today's photos are focusing on the trichomes. I took three shots from each plant from different colas. The trics are cloudy and just starting to turn amber with #2 just slightly ahead.

Today's Photos:

:peace::passitleft:

Brett Blaze, Your garden is impressive. I plan to harvest at mostly cloudy with a bit of amber. That’s where you are now and I’m a week behind. I make a decision on chop ripeness and then add one more week for good measure. I hope mine take a few more weeks to finish to bulk up more. Glad to hear the spear shaped buds are dense. Cheers

Update:

Stage - Flower Day 44 - 95 days above ground
#1 Bloom Day 27
#2 Bloom Day 32

Both plants are bulking up pretty good with dense buds. Since the trichomes are all pretty much cloudy I will need to start watching although I still think I'm 2 weeks away. I prefer 40% amber and I believe #2 will get there a few days before #1.

Since I only have about two weeks left I need to reduce the humidity to around 45%. It's been averaging in the mid 50's but from here on in I need to reduce the RH below 50% to avoid the risk of fungal diseases.

Water runoff is looking much better. The periodic partial flushing then following up with a normal feeding seems to be working. I continue with normal feedings until the runouts start getting high then reduce the strength accordingly.

Today's Photos:

Update:

Stage - Flower Day 45 - 96 days above ground
#1 Bloom Day 28
#2 Bloom Day 33

Not a whole lot to update except I applied the dehumidifier to the tent room last night. I forgot I had one since I've bought so much grow stuff over the last few years. So doing a search of my orders on Amazon I confirmed I bought one 18 months ago. I have moved since then and it now turned into a search of my garage. Even though it was early evening it was 107°F in the garage. Amazingly I found it before I passed out.

After hooking up the dehumidifier, the Rh started going down pretty fast with the tent being reduce from an average of 58% to 51%. and the room going to 46%.I figure another day the tent will be sitting around 45%.

Lady #1's buds look to have beefed up quite a bit over the last two days. After the periodic flushing to remove the excess salts, both appear to have increased their solution uptake. Last night at the 3:00 AM fertigation both produced no runoff which means either the flow for the irrigation system changed or they are taking way more solution. The flow reduction is possible since I was moving the reservoir around last night and the tubing appeared a little pinched. Either way I didn't get any runoff and this morning's runoff numbers were really high. After a normal fertigation this morning and confirming both had high runoff numbers they got a 1 liter flush with 25% strength solution. This is why it's so important to get 10% to 20% runoff at each fertigation. My output numbers were looking great last night and this morning they were in the danger zone.

You can see here how the Rh started going down throughout the evening. The first one is the tent and the second is the tent room. This is during the lights on phase.

IMG-2637.PNG
IMG-2638.PNG

Update:

Stage - Flower Day 46 - 97 days above ground
#1 Bloom Day 29
#2 Bloom Day 34

A new problem showed up today. It's a good problem though. The huge colas are getting too heavy on a lot of the branches. I need to put some stakes in quickly. I have some of the branches tied to others to keep them up but it's not going to last long. Again I searched my orders on Amazon and behold I not only purchased bamboo stakes in the past but I have purchased them twice. So do I search my garage in 105°F heat to possibly find these stakes or spend $15 and get more stakes tomorrow. I decided the latter.

This morning's feedings were odd. This is the second morning in a row I had no runoff from the 3:00 AM fertigation. I checked the hose and there are no kinks. The flow was also confirmed. When fertigating this morning the plan was to flush #1 with plain water and FloraKleen because of high output numbers last night and do a regular fertigation for #2. I gave #1 4 liters of plain water (twice as what was planned) because 2 liters didn't produce the runoff I expected. #2 took twice the normal amount to get good runoff also. Keeping the runoff numbers in check will help the colas beef up during the final two weeks.

Today's Photos:

Update:

Stage - Flower Day 47 - 98 days above ground
#1 Bloom Day 30
#2 Bloom Day 35

I set up the bamboo stakes last night to support these huge colas. It gets a little scary when you remove the temporary supports and the branch looks like it's about to fall over and break.

Water uptake remains high with #1 taking 1.75 liters to get runoff. This was after a 12 hour light period and no fertigation at 3:00 AM. I'm going to install an elbow and stiffer pipe for the stem coming out of the reservoir to get the flow working properly so I can fertigate in the middle of the light period. When fertigating this morning I could tell the top of the coco was too dry.

I am estimating 10 days until I harvest based on the trichomes. Looks like less than 10% and a few just turning cloudy.

Today's Photos:

Trichome Update:

Trichomes are nearly all cloudy with about 10% or less of amber showing. I took these photos from both the top and lower buds. Since I prefer 40% amber, I predict 10 days until harvest.

:peace:

Back
Top Bottom