420 Magazine's Official Girl Scout Cookies Comparative Grow By Brett Blaze

Update:

Stage - Flower Day 59 - 110 days above ground
#1 Bloom Day 42
#2 Bloom Day 47
Approximate Days until Harvest - Maybe today.

After looking at more trichomes on both plants I still saw clear ones on plant #1. Since I want to harvest together I decided to wait a few more days. I will be looking closer as I post these here and make a decision if I harvest today. In my opinion, the biggest mistake one can make when growing is harvesting too early.

Today's Photos:

:peace: :passitleft:

Hi Trala. Thanks for stopping by.

To get really sharp detailed closeups I use good camera equipment and lenses, a stable tripod and a lot of patience. I turn off all fans so there is no movement of any kind. My tripod has a fine turning adjustment that allows me to get near perfect focus. I use the shutter timer to delay 5 seconds to avoid any movement from touching. Then I spend several minutes for each picture processing for the best visual image. Oh, being a professional photographer and 40 years of experience helps too. :cheesygrinsmiley:

Now that makes far more sense than using a phone and trying to hold it steady.

I think your pictures are just beautiful:)

Harvest:

Total Days Flower - 59 (8 weeks 3 days)
Total Days Above Ground - 110 days (15 weeks 5 days)
Total Days in Bloom - #1 42, #2 47

I decided to harvest today. I removed all the fan leaves and most leaves with little to no trichomes then hung both whole in the grow tent. I took these photos with the lights off and fan leaves stripped off. Because it gets really dry here in the desert I am drying the whole plant with most sugar leaves intact.

I set up the fogger and humidifier along with the AC set to the lowest setting along with a dehumidifier to control the environment. The goal is temps in the 60s and humidity at RH 60% in the dark for 15 days. The first few days will be bringing the RH down to avoid mold issues then after some moisture has left the plant keeping it at 60% until finished.

Harvest Photos:

:peace:

Amazing job brother, beyond well done! :high-five:

I am happy and grateful to have you with us, keep up the great work! :bravo:

Really looking forward to your strain report and reviews.

The funny thing is if you give me a house plant it will be dead within a week. I guess that's because you can't smoke a Hydrangea.
Well you can... but you prolly shouldn’t.

:laughtwo: :laughtwo: :laughtwo:

I am the opposite. I think growing house plants well has held me in good stead MJ growing.

I will provide the harvest details in a few weeks. During this time I will be preparing for my next Product Review and Grow Journal. More information on what products being reviewed coming soon.

I would like to thank the sponsors for this GSC Comparison Grow as this was an awesome experience.

@Weed Seeds Express for a spectacular strain. I can't wait to try it and give my review.
@Prescription Blend for providing the Nutrients for this grow. A simple solution with fantastic results.
@Elevated Lighting Company DEMON LED light. Deep penetrating light with low heat and light weight.
@Sierra Natural Science. An Organic Systemic Pesticide that can be used all the way through harvest.

A special thank you for all the hard work from @420 and the 420 Magazine staff for putting this comparative grow together. This was amazing.

Now it's time to go medicate.
:rollit:

I will provide the harvest details in a few weeks. During this time I will be preparing for my next Product Review and Grow Journal. More information on what products being reviewed coming soon.

I would like to thank the sponsors for this GSC Comparison Grow as this was an awesome experience.

@Weed Seeds Express for a spectacular strain. I can't wait to try it and give my review.
@Prescription Blend for providing the Nutrients for this grow. A simple solution with fantastic results.
@Elevated Lighting Company DEMON LED light. Deep penetrating light with low heat and light weight.
@Sierra Natural Science. An Organic Systemic Pesticide that can be used all the way through harvest.

A special thank you for all the hard work from @420 and the 420 Magazine staff for putting this comparative grow together. This was amazing.

Now it's time to go medicate.
:rollit:
Thanks for the indepth journal. Great job on all avenues.

Harvest:

I decided to harvest today. I removed all the fan leaves and most leaves with little to no trichomes then hung both whole in the grow tent. I took these photos with the lights off and fan leaves stripped off. Because it gets really dry here in the desert I am drying the whole plant with most sugar leaves intact.

I set up the fogger and humidifier along with the AC set to the lowest setting along with a dehumidifier to control the environment. The goal is temps in the 60s and humidity at RH 60% in the dark for 15 days. The first few days will be bringing the RH down to avoid mold issues then after some moisture has left the plant keeping it at 60% until finished.

Harvest Photos:

Oh Yeah yum

Harvest:

Harvest Photos:

That looks pucker mate :bongrip:

Back
Top Bottom