420 Magazine's Official Girl Scout Cookies Comparative Grow By Brett Blaze

Update:

Day three of the slow dry and all environment conditions have looked pretty good. Because I live in the desert, summer grows and drying can be a little scary. It can get real dry real fast if you are not paying attention. A couple grows ago I had to leave for a few days on a business trip and I came back to a RH of 30% and a partial harvest nearly dry. I don't travel anymore and have some redundancies built in to the environment to help prevent issues going forward.

In the lung room I have a portable AC exhausting to the outside, a humidifier, a dehumidifier, (they fight each other) and a ceiling fan. In the tent I have the AC Infinity T4 running using their Controller to adjust the exhaust for temp and RH. I also added a fogger in the tent hooked up to an Inkbird humidity controller to make sure RH doesn't get below 57%.

Temps have averaged 67° F with RH averaging 61%. It's been cooler the last few days which have helped bring temps down further. By cooler I mean 102°F in the day and 74°F for a low.

IMG-2649.PNG
IMG-2648.PNG

As the plants are slowly drying I am preparing for the next grow journal and product review. For the next grow I will be moving away from Hydro altogether and using organic living soil as the medium in four 15 gallon pots. To do this I will be building a 4 x 4 tent.

Since I am moving from hydro I need to start new soil for the grow. It's been a while and things have changed so my base soil it will consist of the following which is very balanced.

I will be making 7 cu ft. total. 6 cu ft. for the 15 gallon pots at 75% full with 1 cu ft. for seedlings and 1 gallon transplants.

Peat Moss - 33%
Organic Canadian Sphagnum Peat Moss
Aeration - 34%
Organic New Mexico Pumice - 20%
Organic Par-Boiled Rice Hulls - 10%
Pre Charged Bio-char - 4%
Compost - 33%
Worm Castings and Vermicompost
Initial Nutrients and Amendments
Volcanic Basalt
Organic Terviva Karanja Cake
Organic Diamond K Gypsum
Calcium Bentonite
Clean Sourced Soft Rock Phosphate
Organic Ferticell Active 2-20-2 Micronized Soft Rock Phosphate
Organic 2 Row Milled Malted Barley

ContainerQtyGal per containerTotal GallonsCu Ft
15 gallon 75% full411.25
45​
6​
1 gallon transplant40.75
3​
0.4​
Seedlings100.11
1.1​
0.15​
49.1​
6.55​

I am also starting a worm bin to supply worm casting compost for future grows so this should be interesting.

I will be reviewing several products from our sponsors to include LED lighting, Ventilation and Climate Control, Nutrients and Soil Activators along with Organic Pest Control.

More to come so stay tuned.
:peace: :passitleft:

Update:

After 10 days of drying I decided to trim and bottle to continue the curing. I may have been able to go a day or two longer since I am keeping the tent at RH 60% and 65° to 70° F but it was getting harder keeping the humidity up in the room and it's better to have it a little too wet than too dry. I have a hygrometer in each of the jars so I'll know more about the moisture level in the morning.
I rolled a joint from #2 and it burns really well so definitely not too wet to smoke. :rollit: I want it to cure some more before I give an official review to include taste and aroma. This stuff is very potent and I am really enjoying the feeling. It's very relaxing, but don't try to type if you smoke some. I keep having to go back and correct my spelling on almost every word. :straightface:

And now for the numbers. Drum roll please :tommy:

GSC #1
Flower - 160 grams (5.7 oz.)
Trim - 48 grams (1.7 oz.)

GSC #2
Flower - 145 grams (5.1 oz.)
Trim - 42 grams (1.5 oz.)

Kief - 2.6 grams

Total
Flower - 305 grams (10.8 oz.)
Trim - 90 grams (3.2 oz.)

38 grams/ft2 (1.34 oz.)
410 grams/m2

Since this was the first time growing in Coco I wasn't really sure how it would turn out. It required a lot of attention and some may ask was it worth it? I was planning on a total of 200 to 225 grams (7 oz. to 8 oz.) and ended up with 305 grams (50% more), so you decide. I'm happy and pleasantly surprised.

The Genetics of the @Weed Seeds Express GSC seeds plus the combination of the @Elevated Lighting Company Demon 330W LED and @Prescription Blend Nutrients really kicked ass.
:peace::passitleft:

Update:

After 10 days of drying I decided to trim and bottle to continue the curing. I may have been able to go a day or two longer since I am keeping the tent at RH 60% and 65° to 70° F but it was getting harder keeping the humidity up in the room and it's better to have it a little too wet than too dry. I have a hygrometer in each of the jars so I'll know more about the moisture level in the morning.
I rolled a joint from #2 and it burns really well so definitely not too wet to smoke. :rollit: I want it to cure some more before I give an official review to include taste and aroma. This stuff is very potent and I am really enjoying the feeling. It's very relaxing, but don't try to type if you smoke some. I keep having to go back and correct my spelling on almost every word. :straightface:

And now for the numbers. Drum roll please :tommy:

GSC #1
Flower - 160 grams (5.7 oz.)
Trim - 48 grams (1.7 oz.)

GSC #2
Flower - 145 grams (5.1 oz.)
Trim - 42 grams (1.5 oz.)

Kief - 2.6 grams

Total
Flower - 305 grams (10.8 oz.)
Trim - 90 grams (3.2 oz.)

38 grams/ft2 (1.34 oz.)
410 grams/m2

Since this was the first time growing in Coco I wasn't really sure how it would turn out. It required a lot of attention and some may ask was it worth it? I was planning on a total of 200 to 225 grams (7 oz. to 8 oz.) and ended up with 305 grams (50% more), so you decide. I'm happy and pleasantly surprised.

The Genetics of the @Weed Seeds Express GSC seeds plus the combination of the @Elevated Lighting Company Demon 330W LED and @Prescription Blend Nutrients really kicked ass.
:peace::passitleft:
That should last awhile

Good ol mighty I feel like I just sat in a well explained class I should have been in as a youngin!! Much info bookmarked from your grow my friend thanks for explaining so detailed I enjoyed every bit of your journey! Cheers Brett congrats on a stacked harvest!!

The funny thing is if you give me a house plant it will be dead within a week. I guess that's because you can't smoke a Hydrangea.

Sorry bud ;)

A Hydrangea is not a house plant but an out door garden plant even tho I have seen them used in floristry displays.

Good looking harvest, glad to see lots of amber pistils & trichome pic's :green_heart:

That alone proves something !

What a great journal, thank you for taking us along your journey brother! :goodjob:

Those branches and colas were so thick and sticky, some very good looking plants.

You are setting new standards here with your amazing photography and extensive professional commentary. Thank you for going the extra mile to ensure our sponsors get their proper ROI, while keeping it real with raw, blunt and honest photo journalism.
Keep up the epic work and let me know if you want to head north for a taste test :passitleft:

Back
Top Bottom