420 Magazine's Official Girl Scout Cookies Comparative Grow By Camaro1691

Hello all and welcome along this amazing journey. First and foremost I would love to give a HUGEEEE shoutout to @Weed Seeds Express and @420 Magazine for making this grow possible, this is going to be a long but very rewarding process. There’s going to be seeds being popped, plants being cloned, vegged, flowered, and even tortured! We’re going to see plants inside, and outside, and were even going to compare soil to DWC hydro. There’s going to be no shortage of experimentation, or torture, we can’t forget the torture part because hell, plants simply love abuse. We are just getting started as seeds have just arrived today, but were off to the races! Thanks for tuning in, and dont hesitate to ask any questions. I sometimes take a little bit to reply as life can get busy and reception can get a little wonky, but I will reply in a timely fashion and there will be updates daily/every other day!

252EF5F4-FC99-48F6-8E0F-DD35DC1D3B69.jpeg

Welcome along gentleman, as of tonight we have 2 beans sitting in a perlite cup of water and clonex, not a strong mix but a little more than a dash. I’ll be putting more in to germ tomorrow, but I’m just burnt out today after work and felt an obligation to at the very least get 2 beans popping the day they came. This was last night but I fell asleep before posting I guess

4B33FBED-E678-4738-BDA2-243604AC295D.jpeg

With all the hype from this grow I’m super anxious to get out of work this afternoon to do some more work in the room to prep for these girls to grow up and turn into mothers. I feel even more obligated to finish up the greenhouse now as I’ve gotten a little lazy after building the walls last weekend, I cleared some trees that were closer to where I was placing the GH than I was comfortable leaving. If weather permits, I’ll try to get the walls stood up and take pictures before sun goes down!

With all the hype from this grow I’m super anxious to get out of work this afternoon to do some more work in the room to prep for these girls to grow up and turn into mothers. I feel even more obligated to finish up the greenhouse now as I’ve gotten a little lazy after building the walls last weekend, I cleared some trees that were closer to where I was placing the GH than I was comfortable leaving. If weather permits, I’ll try to get the walls stood up and take pictures before sun goes down!
Gotta love the additional excitement and motivation. Best of luck on the build!

Well it was a little later in the day than I had plan on happening, and I almost decided to put it off till tomorrow, but gave myself a boot in the rear end, I worked in the dark but I got the walls to the GH stood up and screwed together, and laid out boards to mock up how I need to cut for the roof rafters, those ought to be fun to put up alone lol. Well get it done regardless, and now that I’m closer to finished with the frame, I need to pick up the corrugated polycarbonate panels I’ll be using for the roof and walls. I’m not totally decided on what I want to do for the triangles on the end walls, with the price of lumber I may just use the poly for that part, then again I want to be able to add exhaust and intake fans on both ends to pull the heat out during the middle of summer. Soo I may end up going plywood for those parts, we shall see what I decide. This is the shell in the meantime while we wait for the seeds to pop open, they’re looking like they’re just about ready to start showing a taproot

87B64409-AB01-4915-B135-6930979DAED2.jpeg

That's awesome! Those are referred to as the hempy cup right? I have never tried doing that. What are the benefits?
I use 1” net pots for seed starting, and in my opinion this is the way to go, no dealing with a glass of water or a paper towel for germinating, the biggest plus is not worrying about drowning the seed in a glass of water, and I can watch what the seed is doing soo I know if it’s a dud or growing. I used to use the clay pebbles I used for hydro but it’s very easy to drop the seed between a couple pebbles, at least the perlite is small enough to hold them easily, and why I switched to using perlite for this stage

And slowly but surely, the GH is getting there! I finally have the roof done and I started putting up the perling strips for putting up the poly carbonate panels, which I’ll hopefully start hanging tonight after work

743E657F-6347-4C44-AD08-E9D88F0129C1.jpeg
Looking great. Sure makes me feel a little silly when I complain about setting up my 2' x 4' grow tent. :goodjob:

And slowly but surely, the GH is getting there! I finally have the roof done and I started putting up the perling strips for putting up the poly carbonate panels, which I’ll hopefully start hanging tonight after work

That is a work of art in it’s self

Back
Top Bottom