420 Magazine's Official Girl Scout Cookies Comparative Grow By Camaro1691

GH is looking awesome! I can't wait until I have a better outdoor growing space. I have one of those cheap harbor freight GH. It's been up for 2 years and still holding up though.

More questions about that net pot germination method. Is it sitting in a container of water? So no pre-soaking or anything? How about when it's time to put it in soil? Just use tweezers to get it out?

Looking great. Sure makes me feel a little silly when I complain about setting up my 2' x 4' grow tent. :goodjob:
Lol, trust me I’m no fan of setting up tents/rooms, but this is long overdue soo my outdoor crops don’t suffer like they have in the past

GH is looking awesome! I can't wait until I have a better outdoor growing space. I have one of those cheap harbor freight GH. It's been up for 2 years and still holding up though.

More questions about that net pot germination method. Is it sitting in a container of water? So no pre-soaking or anything? How about when it's time to put it in soil? Just use tweezers to get it out?
Thanks man, I was debating getting a cheapy one from there or one of the box stores but I plan to have this for the next couple decades, and plan to bring it with when we move, and priced out new GH’s and anything close to a 10x16 footprint was in the thousands above what I have into materials in this. Granted I’ll still be around $2k when done, but if for whatever reason I decide to stop growing in the future, I can sheath the shell and boom I have a shed lmao.
As far as the germination part, I’ll take a better pic when I get home but I cut the bottom side of a water bottle off and use a lighter to shrink the edges in enough to hold the net pot, I used to wrap them in electrical tape to keep light out but they don’t sit long enough to become an issue I’ve found soo I skip that step now. And I’ll let them sit in there long enough that they can go into a cloner plug for my Ez-cloner and have a half inch or inch stuck out the bottom then let em rip in the ez-cloner with clonex in the water, the root and plant growth is quite impressive as it’s acting like hydro. Then I decide if I want to run them in soil or hydro, I’ll be putting these girls to the test with both for my own personal comparison

Thanks Nev, it won’t let me quote your message for some reason. But I appreciate the kind words, I’m no carpenter that’s for sure, mechanic by trade. Soo it’s awesome to hear stuff like that. Lots of research before I did start to build and I tend to overbuild everything! lol.

Outstanding build on that greenhouse framing. Will be watching that build.
:bravo: :popcorn: :passitleft:

And slowly but surely, the GH is getting there! I finally have the roof done and I started putting up the perling strips for putting up the poly carbonate panels, which I’ll hopefully start hanging tonight after work

743E657F-6347-4C44-AD08-E9D88F0129C1.jpeg
Looks good brother - great job. GL with your new ladies home!

Thanks guys! I didn’t get pics of the GH tonight but I have 80% of the ferring strips up and I’m ready to start putting panels up, I’m limited the amount of light I get after work soo any progress I get during the week I’ll take. I never imagined it’d be soo much work to build a GH of this size without any help but as I get closer to putting the panels up and putting it to use I’m having a lot more appreciation for it.

Aside from that project, of the 4 additional seeds I tossed in yesterday, 3 of them already have taproots sticking out. And here’s the pic I promised at the same time @BakedARea

ACFAFF30-A8E0-4E38-BCA9-1AFB7A115800.jpeg

I can’t believe how fast the 4 I started Sunday night are coming out, I almost didn’t check on them this morning, but we have more saying hello! And the 2 girls that were already started are getting some nice color to them, this is definitely going to be a good one to keep for years to come!

900927C6-D82C-418D-857B-376435E76658.jpeg

EE71FB0B-229B-4729-A849-2C44E1493F75.jpeg

Thanks amigo! I really want to give this a try.
Absolutely brotha! You probably won’t turn back to be honest, the cup with 4 seeds in it, I threw the seeds in Sunday night, and all of them have shed their shells and are green already, 1 of them was shed and green yesterday! I couldn’t believe it when I checked them before work. These Girl Scout Cookie seeds from Weed Seeds Express are the real deal, I’m excited to see how they turn out. I have 4 dropped into my ez-cloner already

Love the new greenhouse. I wish we had a greenhouse but we don't so I guess I'll just be happy with our 3 tents. :battingeyelashes:

I'm also taking part in the comparative grow and part of this for me is learning how others grow. To that end, could you please tell me what your grow medium is, what nutes you're using and whether your nutes are liquid or dry and how many plants you'll be growing?

Will you be growing your plants in the GH? (I don't want to assume.)

Thanks beez and hashgirl, the GH is getting closer to done, I have one long wall paneled, the other long wall is halfway paneled and I plan to go out in the morning before work and finish paneling the long wall and the back wall, I need to wait for some ridge vent caps to come in as they did not have any at the depot or Lowe’s... bummer, that kinda hinders doing the roof as I can’t walk on the panels to put the ridge cap on after, I need to put it on as I’m putting panels up, and I don’t care for heights soo working on the top couple rungs of a 12’ A ladder on un-even ground makes me a little shaky.. it soo op I

Apologies about the split response, been burning the candle at both ends pretty hard lately soo I tend to pass out quick when I’m tired... as for growing medium and nutrients, in recent years I’ve been using promix BX mixed 40/40/20 of promix, stonington platinum blend, and the rest perlite and I mix it together real good. As for nutrients, the ladies are getting clonex liquid at the moment, and I intend on feeding them with nutrients from @GeoFlora Nutrients when they arrive, the one I use now isn’t a sponsor soo as per request I won’t discuss what’s being used to bridge the gap. I’ll try to get a pic of the greenhouse before heading off to work. And I’ll also snap a pic of the ladies in the cloner in a minute

This things going to be badass when it’s done!
That Thing is showing badass now. Impressive.
Any plans you may be moving any GSC into that new housing?

I like it!
Thanks man! Can’t wait to have it “finished” lol, I’m sure there’ll be modifications made along the way once it’s completed. I’ll be adding a couple benches inside for seedlings and working on the plants. And some trellises along the front wall for vegetables and plants that attract beneficial predators. Anything and everything to keep it as close to natural as possible. The trellis should help hide the buds at least until they get closer to done, I expect some plants in the 10’ range in the next harvest or 2
That Thing is showing badass now. Impressive.
Any plans you may be moving any GSC into that new housing?
Thanks man! And I will absolutely be moving some GSC into it when it’s done

Back
Top Bottom