420 Magazine's Official Girl Scout Cookies Comparative Grow By ChefDGreen

Yep…ready yes, wait one week. But trust the trichomes. I wanted my GSC to be 10% max amber…turned out perfect. Cheers
My trichomes were probably more in the 20-30% amber range. Still not a sleepy high from what I’ve smoked of it. Not at all
Looking good Chef! Frosty nugs and a beautiful harvest. Good luck on the trim and cure processing.
:passitleft:
thanks furcifer! The harvest is looking really good. I’d guess in about a week I’ll be able to take the buds down from where they hang and get them curing in a jar .

Here are some shots of the crop hanging. 10 hangers totally full of buds. I think 8-9 oz is a good estimate given size and density

Should be a whole mess of jars!

Thanks to everyone who tuned in. A huge thank you to @Atreum Lighting @Prescription Blend and @GreenSafe !! These plants grew incredibly well and healthfully until I shot myself in the foot with it. Couldn’t have asked for a better set up to be honest.

As a testament to these sponsors, let’s do some quick numbers.

I ran 2x 100w panels at 75% power through flower. That’s 150w draw. If I get 9 oz, that comes out to an efficiency of 1.7g/watt. That’s a massive number for a home grower! Even if the yield is 8 oz, the efficiency would be 1.512g/watt which is still a professional level return. Bravo @Atreum Lighting
:bravo::bravo::bravo::adore::adore::adore:

Also an amazing result from @Prescription Blend . I’ve used many nutrient systems and I can confidently say Matt and crew have theirs dialed in. You can tell from a few morphology markers. First of all, the pistils stayed mostly white until around the week 7/8 mark. To me that speaks to plant health and the speed at which the plant was allowed to grow. Secondly, just look at the bud size. Of course that’s genetic and related to the power of the lights, but I never ran into that typical calcium problem that you often see with QBs. This system allowed the plants to drive as hard as the lights would allow them. That’s all you can ask, and exactly what you want out of your nutrient system. Bravo @Prescription Blend
:bravo::bravo::bravo::adore::adore::adore:

We’re near the end here folks. I’ll give some final weights when everything is dry enough for a jar and then we can move this to the completed list!

Well the tally is in, and I was a bit off. Final weight comes in at 298 grams dried and smokeable. That’s a whopping 10.5 oz!!!! That is some crazy fucking yield folks. At 150w through flower, I yielded an efficiency of almost 2g/watt. That is absolutely outrageous. There are commercial cultivation spaces that don’t do that kind of efficiency. The buds still have that greenish not cured smell.. almost like bread. In a month or so I’ll give those flowers a true sampling.

Oh yeah, one last thing. I found this as I was jarring the buds.

Nanners! They clearly came in at the very end though cause I haven’t even see a hint of a seed. That’s it for me here. I’d like to thank @420 for putting this thing together. I hope I was able to do @Weed Seeds Express justice through this journal. :peace:

:bravo: :woohoo: :party:
Outstanding!
10 oz should set you up for a hot minute or two?
Thanks DD, yeah should last me a week or two :p

Good morning, Chef.

Congrats on the harvest! What date did you harvest them?
Morning hashgirl, and thank you! I harvest 9th/10th of October. They hung for 10 days and I jarred them up last night

If you're going to guess wrong it's always good to guess wrong low! :bravo: on that haul Chef.

Which buds are worthy of the fancy opaque jar?
Actually when I went to Walmart years ago looking for jars they had opaque jars, 5.99 for 4… so I bought all they had. I love em. The big jars are just when there’s way too much.. they’re about double the volume of the regular quart sized ball jar like the opaque one

Job well done, thanks for an excellent journal brother! :high-five:
My pleasure!

Thank you for organizing such a massive comparison grow and getting all of the sponsors involved! Sure couldn’t have been easy.

Bravo, Chef.

You have some great looking buds, that's for sure. Congratulations on the impressive number too.
Thanks prof

Yeah there are some absolute stunner top buds in this crop. And the total yield was just flabbergasting. Couldn’t have planned a better result.

Back
Top Bottom