420 Magazine's Official Girl Scout Cookies Comparative Grow By CigNv

Hi cr8. I believe the photo is showing nanners. Those yellow banana-shaped things are nanners. When this happens to a plant, it is also known as a hermie.

Nanners.jpg

Bananas or “nanners” are a type of mixed-sex cannabis flower that grow from the middle of cannabis buds as a result of stress or genetics.

Bananas are unwelcome in cannabis gardens because they release pollen that can cause developing buds to form seeds. One or two bananas probably won’t make a whole lot of seeds, but many of them can produce very seedy buds. The earlier they appear in the flowering stage and the more time bananas get to release pollen, the more seeds after harvest. Bananas are essentially a last-ditch attempt by the plant to make seeds for the next generation.

@HashGirl is exactly correct and what i was trying to show. They developed very late so will likley release no pollen and not develop any seeds. Also likley environmentally caused from stress.

CigNv, Those giant buds are what I aspire to, looking great. How is the outdoor girl doing with all the wet weather we’ve been having in these parts. Cheers

Thank you Cr8. They sure did pack on a lot of size and density in the last couple weeks. Even the last week they have swollen up quite a bit. Outdoor is doing decent and looking to be a week or two into flowering. Out of town for the week, but will get some more Monday when i am back in town.

Day 70 flower. Just chopped them all down. They are about 25% amber or more on most of them. They looked a little dry and droopy so I will call yesterday their last day. Also my ac decided it was full of water and quit sometime after I checked them and watered them last Wednesday so it was pretty warm in there and there was a bit of foxtailing. Nothing serious though. Still lots of very large very dense main colas. Not seeing any bud rot either.

Since there is very little larf and not a whole lot of fan leaves left I cut the entire plant, shook out any dried leaves and just quickly pulled a few of the easy leaves.

A couple hanging pics and an empty tent ready to be cleaned and restocked for my next run.

20210816_001147.jpg

20210816_001112.jpg

20210816_001227.jpg

20210816_000235.jpg

Here is the wet weight in grams of the entire plants. Here is hoping for about a 15% return on weight. If so that will put these 8 plants right around 50 zips total. Just over 3 elbows.

1. 1172
2. 1200
3. 1273
4. 1308
5. 1300
6. 960
7. 1438
8. 1154
9805 total

Thanks! A pretty decent result considering my nutrient issues throughout. Looking forward to running these again. I have 50lbs each of Geoflora on the way and will likely be grabbing another 10 pack of GSC (or using some of the other great genetics I got from them) and running these again to see the difference. Now the wait for end of September early October for the outdoor to finish. I am going to switch them to the Geoflora when it arrives.

Day 128 Outside. They look to be a little hungry but overall doing pretty good. Unfortunately it looks like they may be getting a large thrip invasion though. The two pictured below are doing what they can, but I am pretty sure it will not be enough. Any other suggestions besides dousing with neem oil and sns209? Maybe a commercial insecticide of some sort? It looks pretty advanced so may need to decide between spraying something or sacrifice the harvest.

20210816_100032.jpg

20210816_100056.jpg

20210816_100117.jpg

20210816_100137.jpg

Congrats on the harvest, Cig! Those yield numbers look great!

@InTheShed always recommends Safer's (without potassium salts) to me for debugging outdoor plants.

Congrats on the harvest, Cig! Those yield numbers look great!

@InTheShed always recommends Safer's (without potassium salts) to me for debugging outdoor plants.

I am not seeing a Safer's one without the potassium salts in it. Do you have a name of the product? Willing to try about anything to keep from dumping neem or pyrethrin on them in flower.

@InTheShed always recommends Safer's (WITH potassium salts) to you for debugging indoor or outdoor plants. That's the active ingredient. :)

Thanks, Shed. Good thing I tagged you. :cheesygrinsmiley:

Sorry for the confusion, Cig.

Thank you all. Wish I could take all the credit but so many have helped along the way. I learned a lot this time around and not just from my grow but from watching all the others as well and will be making changes to my grow style going forward based on that. The great genetics certainly played a big role as well. So many large dense colas, close to 8 or more on each one that I am sure are going to go half a zip to a full zip each.

Now I prepare for the Great Thrip Battle. The outdoor plants are sooo much larger than these were. Let's hope I can save them.

Day 133 outside. About day 14-21 flower. After a few days of spraying and washing off the aphids with water it looks like the ladybugs and I may be winning. It is quite entertaining to watch the larvae run around the stalks and grab the aphids and munch them. Also the safer does not seem to harm the ladybug larvae that much either, there are many of them all over.

Just applied their first feeding of geoflora bloom. Looking forward to seeing what it can do, they definitely looked a little hungry. The also all got a good dousing of SNS 244C to help keep the powdery mildew at bay.

20210821_203229.jpg

20210821_203250.jpg

20210821_203255.jpg

20210821_203412.jpg

Back
Top Bottom