420 Magazine's Official Girl Scout Cookies Comparative Grow By Dean's Greens

Looking very nice Dean. And as had been noted by others, you have a great grow space, I am tall and it's great not having to duck to enter! :laugh:

What form of sulfur you are using to treat your plants, and how often, is it a spray or something to put on the soil top layer, what are you targeting with it? My soil gets some sulfur from having Gypsum as one of my amendments.
I’m using wetable Sulphur powder and spraying it for the prevention of Spider Mites, thrips and most importantly Broad Mites. Broads are the worst of the worst. I’ll spray it a few times before flowering.

They are tall - mine are getting that way too (only at 28 days). Looking healthy!

DAY 93

Here is the new home of the GSC. They have plenty of room to get big and plenty of sun - 10 hours of full rays. Two plants in each 4 foot wide by 14 foot long by 1 foot deep beds. Soil is one year old mixed with my home made compost and the following: alfalfa, blood meal, Humic, oyster shell, magnesium phosphate, Neem Seed and Bio Organics Myco Minerals.

Each plants roots were dusted prior to planting with Bio Organics Endomycorrhizal Innoculant, followed up with a watering of House and Garden’s Roots Excelerator Gold. Here’s to a wonderful year and Happy Growing!!!

Here is the new home of the GSC. They have plenty of room to get big and plenty of sun - 10 hours of full rays. Two plants in each 4 foot wide by 14 foot long by 1 foot deep beds. Soil is one year old mixed with my home made compost and the following: alfalfa, blood meal, Humic, oyster shell, magnesium phosphate, Neem Seed and Bio Organics Myco Minerals.

Each plants roots were dusted prior to planting with Bio Organics Endomycorrhizal Innoculant, followed up with a watering of House and Garden’s Roots Excelerator Gold. Here’s to a wonderful year and Happy Growing!!!
I see you are growing your weed properly lol. That looks like the life.
:passitleft:

Love it!! I can't wait to find my next home where I will be able to do that! :yummy::yummy:

Omg mate.. what a lovely space to grow in..
wish I could do that over here:)
Tempted to try and hide one somewhere in the garden. But Im gonna have to let good old common sense prevail..
look forward to seeing it all unfold for you.
Peace to ya

DAY 108

The ladies are doing well considering they have been put through constant days of 100 degrees. This is very rare for this time of year and they are predicting more very high heat waves throughout the summer.

Do you think the root zone temperatures are lower because of your mulch and that is helping the plants cope? Because they look great.

I know going the other way (keeping the roots warm while air temps are cooler works great for cloning, etc.) but don't know about the reverse.

Do you think the root zone temperatures are lower because of your mulch and that is helping the plants cope?
Absolutely! Mulching is important for any outdoor garden. Keep the soil temps cooler and retains moisture. On top of that, it allows the microbes, worms, etc. to work higher in the soil. If it were not mulched, it would dry up super fast. The amount of evaporation that occurs without mulch is amazing. I ran some tests last year without mulch. Dramatically increased water requirements and generally speaking, less productive harvests. This was on tomatoes and other fruits.
How old are your girls now, Dean?
Figured I would help Dean out and answer your question. I was already commenting on Azi's question so here you go.

Back
Top Bottom