420 Magazine's Official Girl Scout Cookies Comparative Grow By Emilya

I would think that @GeoFlora Nutrients would be a perfect solution for you. This was also one of the reasons that The Rev. developed his TLO method, because he enjoyed growing organically in 2 gallon containers. TLO used a bit of supersoil in the bottom of the container as well as layers and spikes of raw nutrient placed in the container, and then weekly targeted compost teas supplied the microbes. The microbes were not self sustainable in those small containers, but that didn't matter because new ones kept being introduced with every tea.

The same thing happens with geoflora, because the raw nutrients and microbes needed to process them are reapplied every time you water through the granules that you top feed every 2 weeks. There is no need to worry about needing additional nutrients or worrying about the longevity of your microbes, because this system time releases all of that every time you water. I was told that I could even use tap water complete with chlorine, and it wouldn't matter that it killed off a few microbes, because of the way this nutrient system works. The system is so complete you can use it to create an organic grow, using coco! It should do a magnificent job for you in your small containers.
Thank you for that. I appreciate your perspective. I think I'll have a look at their stuff.

Sorry about the peer pressure crack... you just hang out with some real heavy hitters here on the forum and I was afraid that they had talked you into this advanced low and slow method before you were ready. Although it is a little alarming that you dived headlong into this advanced method on your own volition, it just shows what an independent thinker you are... but seriously, its just like training plants, where its best to see a plant grow naturally at least once before trying the advanced stuff, the cure is every bit half of the art of growing quality smoke, and in my humble opinion, it should be done the old fashioned way at least once, just to see what curing looks like, before moving on to the advanced techniques.
Hey Emmybird :)

That’s okay, and to be honest I think something must have got lost in translation regarding this advanced low slow method.

I‘m not exactly sure what I did wrong last harvest, whether it was hung too long, air too dry, saw something shiny and forgot to closely monitor them, but the end result was they dried too quick. No one advised me, no one peer pressured me, there was no alarming headlong diving lol, it was my mistake alone. This grow I thought I’m going to ask my friends in here, I’m going to listen, weigh up opinions, then I’m going to choose what I want to do. Coz babe that’s how I roll. So far I have been given the advice of paperbag, tag and stick it in the fridge for 3 weeks, and variations of the method you have shared now. I have zero idea what this advanced method is you speak of, but I’m not gonna lie, I’m interested in hearing it... on my own volition ;)

I want to learn the art of drying and adequately curing, and how to dry not using bovidas or what ever they are. I’m gonna watch these buds like a fat kid watches cake. They look so good, I’d be so annoyed with me if I ruin them.

Just to touch on your opening line. I have had the “heavy hitter” term voiced to me before too, and honestly have zero idea which person that is. I just think of the people who have time for me and accept me as my friends. It hasn’t been easy for me in this forum at times, Em. I have had very mean spirited and snippy comments from people I deem as popular posters, as well as serial reporting of my posts. It is actually to the point I don’t post in threads of people I really like coz I don’t want to cause drama and I know just my presence annoys them. Its all about perception tho aye? Like you were in this instance, maybe I’m wrong. You see me as hanging with heavy hitters, I see the cool crew or the heavy hitters as you call them, not liking me one bit. I feel there is a serious dislike towards me from a group of posters, particularly a couple of popular female posters and this makes me so sad coz No 1 I’m a girls girl (not to your degree of devotion ie your hot fire lady lollll) but I prefer the friendship of women. Given the ratio of misters to sisters, us sisters need to stick together. Well I think we do.

Anyway I hope that cleared any confusion. And thanks for always having my back :kiss: :kiss: :kiss:

Thank you Cadboy... I haven't talked a lot about it. My older brother whom I have talked about for years, who was famous for mowing my yard for a 1/4 oz and helping out where he could, caught covid about a month ago and ended up dying of complications. He was 50 years old and was strong going into this; but no one saw this coming. There was no will and now his business is in probate. It is a huge mess, but we are dealing with it as well as we can. Thank you for your prayers as I am sure they will help.
Sending you the biggest cyber hug & my sincerest condolences, Em. Xo

♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️

Bloom, day 56

I have some harvest pictures to share with you! We cut 3 more plants yesterday, for a total of 4. Yield is not what I had hoped for but it's not bad and I know what to do better next time. When I do this again instead of the standard plastic brace at the top of the tomato cage I am going to use gardenwire and create a larger loop at the top so that the middle canopy can spread out and get more air and light. That minor modification should add another ounce at least to each plant in the future.
The buds are beautiful with sparkling red pistols and and pink buds and it is going to be a great bag appeal pot.
Out of 4 plants we have gained approximately 20 oz ounces of dry pot and we are fairly happy with the yield with an average of 4 to 6 oz per plant. There are 7 plants remaining so we can expect at least 2 to 3 pounds of pot from this garden at this current rate, but it is noted that there are some very large and tight buds left in the room and average yield per plant may go up with the next harvest.
Today is day 56 and the start of the 8th week and all of the remaining plants could be harvested today. They all look good and I'm sure they would all be quality pot being pulled right now.. The plan however is to wait for the crew to be able to be available again to help with harvest and that will happen on Thursday so Tuesday sometime we will put the remaining plants into the dark to be ready for the final harvest on Thursday. They got what should be their final watering this morning after a 5 day dry out to build more trichomes. That will put them at day 60 and I imagine we will have couch lock quality pot from that batch by that time.
Here are the harvest party pictures:

received_193969122825356.jpeg
received_818512242122282.jpeg
received_185128850368644.jpeg
received_409246040603240.jpeg
received_283113490025418.jpeg
received_630480587937518.jpeg
received_909647639624634.jpeg
received_3055562931345610.jpeg
received_1535339520150794.jpeg
received_917621529134857.jpeg

Congrats on the harvest, Emilya! I'm kinda sad your grow is coming to an end. It's been such a pleasure following it and you. :love:

By the way, could you please PM me the link to your tomato cages? I know they didn't work perfectly for you this time but I really want to try something like it with my plants going forward but haven't been able to find the build your own cages like you use.

#GirlPower

Congrats on the harvest, Emilya! I'm kinda sad your grow is coming to an end. It's been such a pleasure following it and you. :love:

By the way, could you please PM me the link to your tomato cages? I know they didn't work perfectly for you this time but I really want to try something like it with my plants going forward but haven't been able to find the build your own cages like you use.

#GirlPower
Thank you HashGirl! It has been wonderful having you follow along too. Thank you for spending part of your time here on my journal!

I am going to answer your question about the cages here because Rob had already asked the same thing and several of you out there might be wondering too. Just look on Amazon for re-useable tomato cages. There are always multiple brands and deals... they are all the same thing and I buy whatever deal is the cheapest at the time. Again, instead of using the top horizontal pieces I am going to wrap garden wire around the top supports and make a wire loop about the size of the container, so that the top can blossom out like an umbrella, but still have its vital support.
tomato cages.jpg

Nice harvest Mam. Very beautiful buds. I have been toying with an idea and wanted to run it by you.

I was thinking of building a “base” of small pvc that goes in the pot of your choice before the soil is added. This base would have four risers that rose up along the sides of the pot. With a good selection of fittings these could be used to build off that base to accommodate the differences that come with growing different strains etc. Customizable if you will. Since it is pvc, you could drill holes in the bottom supports that are under soil to have the ability to flush or add nutes directly to the roots in the bottom of the pot or levels of your choosing.

Other than a one liner here and there I usually have trouble explaining what’s going on on my head (good or bad thing?) so I hope this contraption makes sense.

Once again congratulations on the grow!

NTH

Bloom, day 56

I have some harvest pictures to share with you! We cut 3 more plants yesterday, for a total of 4. Yield is not what I had hoped for but it's not bad and I know what to do better next time. When I do this again instead of the standard plastic brace at the top of the tomato cage I am going to use gardenwire and create a larger loop at the top so that the middle canopy can spread out and get more air and light. That minor modification should add another ounce at least to each plant in the future.
The buds are beautiful with sparkling red pistols and and pink buds and it is going to be a great bag appeal pot.
Out of 4 plants we have gained approximately 20 oz ounces of dry pot and we are fairly happy with the yield with an average of 4 to 6 oz per plant. There are 7 plants remaining so we can expect at least 2 to 3 pounds of pot from this garden at this current rate, but it is noted that there are some very large and tight buds left in the room and average yield per plant may go up with the next harvest.
Today is day 56 and the start of the 8th week and all of the remaining plants could be harvested today. They all look good and I'm sure they would all be quality pot being pulled right now.. The plan however is to wait for the crew to be able to be available again to help with harvest and that will happen on Thursday so Tuesday sometime we will put the remaining plants into the dark to be ready for the final harvest on Thursday. They got what should be their final watering this morning after a 5 day dry out to build more trichomes. That will put them at day 60 and I imagine we will have couch lock quality pot from that batch by that time.

Beautiful buds! Great job Emmers!

Nice harvest Mam. Very beautiful buds. I have been toying with an idea and wanted to run it by you.

I was thinking of building a “base” of small pvc that goes in the pot of your choice before the soil is added. This base would have four risers that rose up along the sides of the pot. With a good selection of fittings these could be used to build off that base to accommodate the differences that come with growing different strains etc. Customizable if you will. Since it is pvc, you could drill holes in the bottom supports that are under soil to have the ability to flush or add nutes directly to the roots in the bottom of the pot or levels of your choosing.

Other than a one liner here and there I usually have trouble explaining what’s going on on my head (good or bad thing?) so I hope this contraption makes sense.

Once again congratulations on the grow!

NTH
I think that is a great idea, both irrigation and support at the same time! I will be very curious to see what you come up with... it sounds like one of those things that I would love to experiment with too! Also, it would be fairly easy to use pvc to create a traditional increasing size as you go up, support structure.

Thanks for the comments on the grow! I loved doing it and loved that I have found a way to improve even further on the next round!

Thank you HashGirl! It has been wonderful having you follow along too. Thank you for spending part of your time here on my journal!

I am going to answer your question about the cages here because Rob had already asked the same thing and several of you out there might be wondering too. Just look on Amazon for re-useable tomato cages. There are always multiple brands and deals... they are all the same thing and I buy whatever deal is the cheapest at the time. Again, instead of using the top horizontal pieces I am going to wrap garden wire around the top supports and make a wire loop about the size of the container, so that the top can blossom out like an umbrella, but still have its vital support.
tomato cages.jpg

Thank you, Emilya. Could you please let me know the dimensions of these cages? I bought some but they were only 17" tall and not very good for the support I needed.

Bloom, day 56

Where's the best place to give you my address? :laughtwo::laughtwo::laughtwo::laughtwo:

Those look gorgeous and oily and stinky and dank!

Bloom, day 56

Omg she’s STACKED!

Bloom - 8 weeks --- 56 days (if you count from the flip, 63 days)
Geoflora Feed - Day 21
Wet/Dry Cycle - Day 0
Number of fast waterings - 0
47 Days since last SNS Foliar, SNS 209 given on each watering until the last 2 weeks

Length of Grow - 4 months, 1 week, 1day

Today was watering day after a last of grow attempt to get a drought response as well as signal to the plants that the end is near. They went 5 days this time between waterings, and mostly they survived this period without visible complaint. Our big bud that we have been watching could not stand up to its own weight during the end of season drought and folded over to lay on the top of the canopy. A few of the plants are still showing some white pistils that are in the foxtailing growth of the buds, but they too appear to be ready for harvest. White pistils at the tops of the buds are almost all gone. Amber can be found everywhere. Still we wait for a few more days to see what happens and to wait for the hard working trimming crew to rest up from the last 7 hour stint in the cutting room.

The buds should be even better by the time we actually harvest. On Tuesday evening when the lights go off for the day, that will be the last time they see the bright light. On Thursday afternoon, the massive 7 plant harvest will begin and at the same time the harvest yesterday should be dry enough to move to the paper grocery bag stage. Its a plan at least, and unless I get called away for a funeral (which I still don't know the final plans of), Thursday, Friday and Saturday we will finish up this harvest.

Here tonight, there really isn't much to do but show you each of the 7 plants. Please enjoy the pretty pictures.

DSCF0016.JPG
DSCF0015.JPG
DSCF0014.JPG
DSCF0013.JPG
DSCF0012.JPG
DSCF0011.JPG
DSCF0010.JPG

Please also note and ponder why a lot of these leaves that the other day were yellowing and clawing badly, have now achieved green again, at the very end of the grow. I will call it reverse senescence just to be funny. :rofl:

If anyone still doubts the power of the @GeoFlora Nutrients, please carefully note that it has been 21 days since the last feeding, and even using tapwater, the microbes and the top dressed nutrients are still doing a great job and will do so right up to the end.

That’s okay, and to be honest I think something must have got lost in translation regarding this advanced low slow method.

I‘m not exactly sure what I did wrong last harvest, whether it was hung too long, air too dry, saw something shiny and forgot to closely monitor them, but the end result was they dried too quick. No one advised me, no one peer pressured me, there was no alarming headlong diving lol, it was my mistake alone. This grow I thought I’m going to ask my friends in here, I’m going to listen, weigh up opinions, then I’m going to choose what I want to do. Coz babe that’s how I roll. So far I have been given the advice of paperbag, tag and stick it in the fridge for 3 weeks, and variations of the method you have shared now. I have zero idea what this advanced method is you speak of, but I’m not gonna lie, I’m interested in hearing it... on my own volition ;)

I want to learn the art of drying and adequately curing, and how to dry not using bovidas or what ever they are. I’m gonna watch these buds like a fat kid watches cake. They look so good, I’d be so annoyed with me if I ruin them.

Just to touch on your opening line. I have had the “heavy hitter” term voiced to me before too, and honestly have zero idea which person that is. I just think of the people who have time for me and accept me as my friends. It hasn’t been easy for me in this forum at times, Em. I have had very mean spirited and snippy comments from people I deem as popular posters, as well as serial reporting of my posts. It is actually to the point I don’t post in threads of people I really like coz I don’t want to cause drama and I know just my presence annoys them. Its all about perception tho aye? Like you were in this instance, maybe I’m wrong. You see me as hanging with heavy hitters, I see the cool crew or the heavy hitters as you call them, not liking me one bit. I feel there is a serious dislike towards me from a group of posters, particularly a couple of popular female posters and this makes me so sad coz No 1 I’m a girls girl (not to your degree of devotion ie your hot fire lady lollll) but I prefer the friendship of women. Given the ratio of misters to sisters, us sisters need to stick together. Well I think we do.

Anyway I hope that cleared any confusion. And thanks for always having my back :kiss: :kiss: :kiss:
Trala, The harvest dry and cure is more important than many parts of the grow. I’ve learned a lot from Emilya and others here on 420 and have made a couple mistakes. Low and slow in my dark grow cabinet has been consistent, now dialed in. Cheers

Hi @Trala, we haven't "met" yet, I'm Jon, I saw this post, and I won't clog up Em's journal but I just wanted to say what an awesome, honest, and very cool post. And I'm a boy but I feel you. :laughtwo:

Back
Top Bottom