420 Magazine's Official Girl Scout Cookies Comparative Grow By Fuzzy Duck

Fuzzy Duck

Early Tuesday morning & still feeling hazy from the nigh before I stood on the door steep with a delivery driver waving a A4 envelope in my face rather befuddled I excepted the mysterious packet I poked it, prodded it & gave it a little rattle still having no idea what it was ?

So I open it.

It is official now the seeds have turned up - 420 Magazine's Official Girl Scout Cookies Comparative Grow!

I'll dust the grow tent off soon & get the beans geminating, it has been a while :green_heart:

Nice mate ,,plenty of time to dust an build your tent :goodluck:

As gifted as many seeds by Weed Seeds Express I'll have plenty to play with over the many months of growing this strain, so the general plan is to see how GSC an OG Kush cross with Durban Poison performs with various methods of growing or styles which is listed to perform well by Scrog or Sog.

Various pruning techniques will be explored after the first grow is completed as by nature one must understand the plant & behaviour under your own conditions grown in.

First seeds are going to be all natural grown bush indoors.

At some point we may hit a perpetual grow style whilst exploring this strain.

Tents used 90cm by 90cm by 180cm this when in use supports germination of seedling, clones, vegging & perhaps a mother plant.

Flowering tent mainly, but may be used for extended vegging 120 cm 120 cm by 200cm & this is a good standard size tent for people with a modest sized spare space to grow in for few to several plants depending on style of growing.

I'll be sticking with organic methods of a brand of soil / nutrients mainly being Dutch origin.

Lighting conditions 125w cfl, 6400k basically blue spectrum this works out just fine for seedlings & vegging quite well.

Breaking out the big bulbs... ha ha :bongrip:

Ye 400w HPS partly used for the fun flowering & packed into 100cm parabolic reflector.

As to get the seeds germinating I've always preferred jiffy pellets as they can hold onto the moisture for a decent amount of time, a hole is made at the top of the pellet aprox 5mm to 10mm deep & in go's the seed.

Another man who doesn't bother with cotton wool an a glass of water to do wot nature has spent millions of years perfecting, dropping seeds in soil and not a bath with a facial ,,

Another man who doesn't bother with cotton wool an a glass of water to do wot nature has spent millions of years perfecting, dropping seeds in soil and not a bath with a facial ,,

What is point of paper towel, shot glass of water or even cotton wool when soil doe's this naturally , ya still got to handle em into chosen growing medium at the end of day (risk of damage) :green_heart:

We also may have to include the temperature of the soil to which cannabis seeds may prefer to germinate in as well, I have mixed feelings on this due to real life experience or methods used by myself or others ?

I'm digging your journal already @Fuzzy Duck ! Looking forward to seeing your ladies grow.

I honestly enjoy dropping seeds into soil too! The mystery and anticipation is what does it for me. It can seem to take longer though. The upside to water germination is not wasting time or space on a non-viable seed. I imagine these genetics are probably as close to 100% germination without them coming out right and saying that.

I'm digging your journal already @Fuzzy Duck ! Looking forward to seeing your ladies grow.

I honestly enjoy dropping seeds into soil too! The mystery and anticipation is what does it for me. It can seem to take longer though. The upside to water germination is not wasting time or space on a non-viable seed. I imagine these genetics are probably as close to 100% germination without them coming out right and saying that.

I believe in the several years I have been here at 420mag I have seen both signs of the coin on the matter of germinating seeds.. I'm sure this is an individual choice of growing but in short term is total effective cost of getting seeds going or how effective the method vs the seed !

72 hours plus & just about to break soil surface... 2 out of 6 so far :)

Pretty good so far despite conditions as the gas boiler has broken down with average house hold temp being 16c, the seeds in jiffy pellets have been kept on a heated propagation mat during these times of low temp.

With in the next 24 to 48 hour they will be under the 125w 6400k blue spectrum cfl

Germination rate has been very successful 100% :green_heart:

The 6th seed is just starting to show after 5 to 6 days which I consider pretty alright germination... so off to the tent & best plug in some stuff.

Vegging with 16/8 light cycle.

Eye candy time.

Some where along the lines of up grading to 120, 120, 200 size tent I got a bigger reflector for improved light foot print area which is also vented & a nice touch when the old fashion 400w Hps gets put in, closer hanging height :)

Hello fuzzy! So glad to see you back. I still appreciate all the help you gave me back on my first hempy run.

Looks like you'll be getting back into the swing of things, dusting off the tents as you said :laughtwo:
I too had to dust and clean out my room after not growing in it for a while. But I found my way back to my hobby.

I'll be here to see this one through. There will be a ton of these comparative grows, I'm sure yours will be great along with all the others.

Back
Top Bottom