420 Magazine's Official Girl Scout Cookies Comparative Grow By Fuzzy Duck

I'm looking at a 3 part grow

1. Natural bush.
2. Trained plant in fashion of scrog but with out the screen - 4/5 month of veg think flux or main lining style.
3. SOG

These methods should push GSC to its full potential.
Sounds fun!
:thumb:

That is on the list to do at some point & I must admit it has been several years since I've taken cuttings/clones.

GSC was listed to do well for SOG methods so one out of the six plants may become a temporary mother plant / trained.

So I'm looking at a 3 part grow

1. Natural bush.
2. Trained plant in fashion of scrog but with out the screen - 4/5 month of veg think flux or main lining style.
3. SOG

These methods should push GSC to its full potential.
Been a while since I took any clones as well. But when I did I had a good success rate.

And you're just the guy to push them along into the trials. Can't wait to see everything you do with them, will be an interesting ride :slide:

Some light gardening duties occurred recently.

Some Dutch brand organic compost was amended estimated amount 50L aprox (used) so I mixed in a half bag 12.5 kg of fresh stuff & added 2 kg of worm cast with good care to mix well.

The new ratio should be suitable for seedlings :thumb:

Spot the runt !

If ya didn't notice on the first pic...

Potting up & the rest is quite simple.

:green_heart:

Looking good! Most of the runs seem to take off eventually from what I've seen.

Good luck runt! I had a runt in my last grow - even grew strange shaped leaves at first. He grew into a fine plant - only he turned out to be male - so had to go!

End of WK 1.

So far so good & every thing is looking just fine plant wise apart from the runt which I decided to cull...

As not to waste plant material the runt was digested via a fruit smoothie recipe I like :green_heart:

It looks like the first node set is beginning to appear on the seedlings with growth rate being as expected with a 125w CFL.

I may not have to water for the next week as those small pots where well watered for a seedling, it is gonna be fine the RH is a tad on the low side mid forties & an average temp 21c - Note Thermo Hydrostate what ever it is called is really old & may need to be replaced !

Potential plans are a liquid feed next week.

Strutting their stuff their fuzzy!
They look like healthy seedlings and all very similar. One on the left looks a little more leggy. Good stuff!

Strutting their stuff their fuzzy!
They look like healthy seedlings and all very similar. One on the left looks a little more leggy. Good stuff!
Old tec still works well.

The seedlings where rearranged in those pic's & in fact the one on the left hand side was in the centre of the tray originally which may of had more than it's fair share of light source.

Some times you can find a grid reference of light out put via all sorts of measurements.

Old tec still works well.

The seedlings where rearranged in those pic's & in fact the one on the left hand side was in the centre of the tray originally which may of had more than it's fair share of light source.

Some times you can find a grid reference of light out put via all sorts of measurements.
Old tech will always work well, it's been tried and proven many times over.

Ah that would make sense, the outer edges always suffer a little that way. No different with the newer lights, but some companies are stepping that up the way they arrange their diodes.

Yes, ppfd maps. Measurements of light output per square foot usually.

Old tech will always work well, it's been tried and proven many times over.

Ah that would make sense, the outer edges always suffer a little that way. No different with the newer lights, but some companies are stepping that up the way they arrange their diodes.

I am not to bothered by the outer margins of the leaf's at this stage due to transition into a new pot or home for a couple weeks, hardly worth ol fuzzys feathers getting all fluttered over a lil crinkle on the margins.

It should all behave in the mean while :thumb:

I had to go to the store today & get some bits 'n' bob's.

I was feeling hesitant on the 10 year old thermo / hydro meter etc.

Slight difference in probe position etc old is not broken just discoloured with years of age, ye it has got wrinkles.

I did see a new LED panel brand name thing for several hundred £££ which is a few more watts than the hps & ballast combined which may happen on the next pay day very soon.

So far so good.

Excellent root development for this period of growth so I've chosen to pot up.

Whilst I await Geoflora Nutrients | Organic Dry Fertilizer delivery so that I can amend the soil/compost for the next stage.

In the mean time.

A light dose of organic nutrients where given to the point of run off in the freshly potted up plants as to clear any air pockets in the medium.

Once again with current conditions I will not have to water for next week.

Looking greeny my friend I'm sending you and your lady garden the best wishes with some skunky cookies blown in threw the phone lens haha! I'm very interested in them Pots that look from the future though so if you don't mind I might stop in to see how your getting it done with them if you are using them that is cheers Fuzzy Duck!

Looking greeny my friend I'm sending you and your lady garden the best wishes with some skunky cookies blown in threw the phone lens haha! I'm very interested in them Pots that look from the future though so if you don't mind I might stop in to see how your getting it done with them if you are using them that is cheers Fuzzy Duck!

Ye those are called air pots but may go by other names involving air by now !

In theory the cones on the out side of the pot & help guides the roots to to the air hole.

The next stage is called, air pruned roots basically these kind of roots get burnt off by the air which cause's a more fibrous root system in side the pot & also prevents root balling to an extent.

That alone creates a larger root zone = more up take of nutrients & in theory more yield... some thing we all try to achieve in our growing passion :green_heart:

Those where in 6.5 of litre or abut 1 gallon & half sized pot which I've used for flowering for a long time with mixed results in final yield for such a small sized pot depending on training vs strain expected yield which can be totally surprising :thumb:

A pot that size in average growing conditions ya watering every 48 hr's once in flowering.

Bigger pots means less watering = Bonus

Back
Top Bottom