420 Magazine's Official Girl Scout Cookies Comparative Grow By Fuzzy Duck

They look cozy in their new containers, and not quite as leggy looking now either. Coming along nice and green. :high-five:

Hey @Fuzzy Duck
Hope your doin good
Ok if I take a pew?
peace to ya
Bud

I'm just happy I got some seeds growing & ya more than welcome to view the grow, every body has their style :green_heart:

They look cozy in their new containers, and not quite as leggy looking now either. Coming along nice and green. :high-five:

Ye looking pretty sweet bud, I think those are just over 1.5 litre in size.

Still playing around with final pot size for flowering tho I'm leaning towards 3 gallon for flowering at the moment.

Still playing around with final pot size for flowering tho I'm leaning towards 3 gallon for flowering at the moment.
I guess that would depend on which techniques you plan to do to each one and how big you want to get them.

I'm in the same boat right now with my new grow in the tent. They are autos, will be 4 of them in a 4x4, so I'm wondering what to go with as well.

I guess that would depend on which techniques you plan to do to each one and how big you want to get them.

I'm in the same boat right now with my new grow in the tent. They are autos, will be 4 of them in a 4x4, so I'm wondering what to go with as well.

The management of the grow tent or room is a skill learnt over many grows.

I am not convinced on the larger the pot equals more yield method but in my own eyes it is about the watering schedule where larger pots may not require watering so often !

Which makes one less gardening duty every so often.

Every thing is looking pretty cool after potting up & no sign of stress :green_heart:

Much joy 'n' happiness when I got in from work today with a delivery note stuffed through the letter box with a good neighbour taking the parcel for me.

So I just got work out when next to pot up & when to add the new stuff to the soil happy time :thumb:

They are looking as happy as can be! Nice easy transplants are the best. I'm with you on the next size up for mine I think. I'm going to go with a pint size container or similar. I may do some smaller air pruning containers before their final 7 gallon.

Regarding container sizes. I also think big containers can spell disaster just as easily as it can become a success with greater potential yields. Generally speaking, the larger the container the more room there is for larger root growth which means more potential growth above ground. The smaller the container, the finer the root development or more potential root ramifications. Finer roots have the capacity to switch roles faster (water, nutrients, storage, etc.) which will aid in the absorption of nutrients meaning you can still get a similarly sized plant in a smaller container if watered and fed properly as you suggested. Root ramification leads to more feeder roots in a small container compared to a plant in a larger container that is focused on filling the space with larger arterial roots before making finer feeder roots. This can lead to slower initial growth until it finds balance and then boom, the above ground growth explodes and typically will surpass the smaller container plants. This is again, if it is being watered and fed properly. Just my 2 cents worth with some of my recent research on other plants and trees (bonsai).

Nice one BakedARea ye there is some truth to more roots & greater uptake of nutrients which can mean that lil extra yield with some very surprising results over the years.

End of week 3.

Soil amending time, aprox 60 litres or about 13 gallons with directions of application followed to which I cut back on Geoflora veg as I needed to mix in another bag of Dutch compost used for seedlings. I did not want over load the soil/compost with to much of the good stuff.

Playing on the caution side when using a new product.

I could of given them another week to form a good root ball & in hind site I should of used a 1 litre sized pot with the root ball being quite suitable by now instead of the 1.5 litre, pot size makes all the difference as to when to pot up under good growing conditions !

New pots...

I've gone back to air pots to which I used in my early days, these are 12.5 litre or 2.7 gallon in size & being the largest I've used to date.

This little one got the snip - phase II of training 'n' flowering the next grow.

Just loved rubbing the off cut leaf in my hands, it smelled so good :green_heart:

Side note - all plants where watered in with 2 litres of water, I did not see the point of watering to run off in a pot that size just yet due to size of plant.

I don't have those type of pots yet. I will be trying some other more economical versions to see how they perform. I need to get myself at least a couple of those though so I can tell the difference for myself.

The size you are using is their final container correct? Do you feel it is big enough to produce what you want or would you recommend a little larger? I'd like to order a few different sizes to try but not sure which ones.

I don't have those type of pots yet. I will be trying some other more economical versions to see how they perform. I need to get myself at least a couple of those though so I can tell the difference for myself.

The size you are using is their final container correct? Do you feel it is big enough to produce what you want or would you recommend a little larger? I'd like to order a few different sizes to try but not sure which ones.

Yes those are the final size pots BakedARea 12.5 litre or aprox 2.7 gallon they are sitting in a 120 x 120 x 200 cm tent, I don't think I want any thing larger just yet.

5 gallon or 25 litre always seemed the popular size over the years for indoor growing but I think ya can away with smaller.

In the past I've used 6.5 litre air pots & when in flower may need watering every 48 hr with temperature in mid 20's those use to yield 1/2 lb wet weight aprox on average 1 plant natural bush, even tho some strains could do better.

Trained plants over longer veg 1/2 kg plus wet weight - single plant.

Minus 80% aprox once dried 'n' cured.

Purely under a 400w HPS which lighting & correct Umol, PAR, PPF etc can take a good place in the flowering mass at the end off the day as well.

I am a great believer in a good grow environment if your soil is good, temp range is in optimal range, relative humidity with in reason & good air flow then your plants should reward you well.

I'm certainly not a text book guy... just hands on in the tent :thumb:

About 3 & half weeks in of vegging.

Potting up with no real issue's all is looking in good health.

I gave the pots a move around slightly today as they where mildly bending towards the source of light.

The next grow is showing good results after the snip, it is quite amazing what the plants do after removing the main apical stem - very good vigor.

I am happy with GSC largely being Indica dominate strain with a touch of sativa genetics the general appearance of the plants support Indica habits so far, expecting to veg for 6 weeks before flipping to 12/12 - current plan which could be subject to change.

About 3 & half weeks in of vegging.

Potting up with no real issue's all is looking in good health.

I gave the pots a move around slightly today as they where mildly bending towards the source of light.

The next grow is showing good results after the snip, it is quite amazing what the plants do after removing the main apical stem - very good vigor.

I am happy with GSC largely being Indica dominate strain with a touch of sativa genetics the general appearance of the plants support Indica habits so far, expecting to veg for 6 weeks before flipping to 12/12 - current plan which could be subject to change.
That’s my plan too - 6 weeks Veg and then will switch lighting to 12/12.

They're looking great fuzzy, even if they are a little leaned over. I recall having the same issue when I was using my hps in the home made tent, always rotating plants to keep them somewhat even and straight.

So you topped and cloned today? I'm still saying 9 days for roots lol

They're looking great fuzzy, even if they are a little leaned over. I recall having the same issue when I was using my hps in the home made tent, always rotating plants to keep them somewhat even and straight.

So you topped and cloned today? I'm still saying 9 days for roots lol
Oh I just move em about, that ol light thing & diminishing returns over distance.

Topped yes, for training more likely over 3 months of vegging... extra sizzle o_O

Na no cloning yet, once that one above is ready to flip I'll take some clones :green_heart:

Back
Top Bottom