420 Magazine's Official Girl Scout Cookies Comparative Grow By Fuzzy Duck

End of week 4 - part 1

Everything is looking just fine 'n' dandy :green_heart:

Looks like we packed on a couple of inches of growth please bare in mind that they are under a true wattage 125w cfl 6500k.

I am kind of considering flipping at end of week 5 at present due to growth rate & estimated / expected stretch once in flower to see how GSC grows out as a natural bush under HPS.

I've decided not to water today & 7 days since last watering to be precise as the pots still feel heavy to handle as to let dry out a touch... with the most important thing let those roots go looking for the good stuff.

It will get crazy on the plant level real soon, once flipped... basically force flowering time, no pre flowers will be present once flipped the plants will go through a rapid shift & change govern by the change of lighting hours vs maturity.

This may add an extra week to flowering time !

But the suggested feeding of nutrients by Geoflora Nutrients | Organic Dry Fertilizer should all fall in place for the next step.

The next grow - part 2

The perpetual part of seeing this through.

Basic method for a 3 to 4 month veg training - main lining with topping carefully done.

Looking good Fuzzy! So they are 28 days old from seed or from start of veg as of Sunday? If I calculate right - you topped them at 24 days? I will be topping mine soon - maybe after I do the GeoFlora Veg top dressing at 14 days post transplant - mine are at 28 days today from start of seed soak.

Looking good Fuzzy! So they are 28 days old from seed or from start of veg as of Sunday? If I calculate right - you topped them at 24 days? I will be topping mine soon - maybe after I do the GeoFlora Veg top dressing at 14 days post transplant - mine are at 28 days today from start of seed soak.

Plus a few days as not all the seedlings germinated at the same time !

Topped around 21 days or 3 weeks.

Another GSC journal caught up on. :surf: Only 10 more to go....

Hi Fuzzy. Your plants look good. Regarding the poky things on the outside of your pot, do they hurt your hands when you pick them up?

Another GSC journal caught up on. :surf: Only 10 more to go....

Hi Fuzzy. Your plants look good. Regarding the poky things on the outside of your pot, do they hurt your hands when you pick them up?

Na bud ya little pinkies should be fine handling those pots :thumb:

End of week 5.

Plans have moved forwards a week early & today we have flipped to 12/12 under HPS yup, yup flowering time :green_heart:

On average each plant displays about 7 nodes with side lateral branches sprouting only a little height gained over the week but the plants are bushing out.

Ambient conditions whilst vegging give or take a little.

Under HPS extra distance is given with hanging height due to heat given off from the HPS this will be lowered over the course of the week to about 12 inches to allow for stress of environmental conditions to alter.

The next grow part 2.

A little beloved LST in progress & over the period of next 10 weeks aprox some defol may happen along with topping.

In the next tent.

One little detail forgotten about... feeding time.

Tablespoon = 14g

Suggested Geoflora feed 1/3 of a cup to 3 gallon pot.

1/3 of a cup 43g.

So about 1 tablespoon per gallon of pot size.

Side note - minor nitrogen def on 2 plants more likely due to with holding nutrients back in veg / amending the compost which I was hesitant over, the recent feed should pick things up again soon.

Hey Fuzzy ! Just stopping by to say hey and see how the GSC is doing. Wow they are greeen!! They look extremely healthy and happy!! Things are looking good!!! Great job thus far!!! cheering ya on!

Hey Fuzzy ! Just stopping by to say hey and see how the GSC is doing. Wow they are greeen!! They look extremely healthy and happy!! Things are looking good!!! Great job thus far!!! cheering ya on!

Always good to see ya around bud :green_heart:

1st grow in in 3 years TBH, had a good harvest & still vaping it...

Need a change of flavour :thumb:

One little detail forgotten about... feeding time.

Tablespoon = 14g

Suggested Geoflora feed 1/3 of a cup to 3 gallon pot.

1/3 of a cup 43g.

So about 1 tablespoon per gallon of pot size.

Side note - minor nitrogen def on 2 plants more likely due to with holding nutrients back in veg / amending the compost which I was hesitant over, the recent feed should pick things up again soon.
Oh man, I think I did my math wrong - gave 4oz of GroFlora as 14 day top dressing feed per gallon pot - too much?

Oh man, I think I did my math wrong - gave 4oz of GroFlora as 14 day top dressing feed per gallon pot - too much?

One would think it is tad to much & should be showing sign of nitrogen toxicity if over feed aka really dark green leaf's.

But if you take a closer look at the Geoflora veg packet only 1% of nitrogen is water soluble & that alone is your saving grace :green_heart:

The other 4% is water insoluble nitrogen which means all those lovely microorganisms beneficial soil fungi Geoflora come packed with needs to go to work on the rest of it, I guess this is what they call a living soil.

Half way through week 5 aprox.

Only minor signs of stress with a few outer leaf margins curling up & the odd floppy leaf as you can imagine 21c, RH 65 to 26c & RH 50 lights on might just suddenly shock you but it is not really that bad to be honest for the first few days.

Bushing out nicely with some minor phenotype stuff going on mainly with internode spacing & branching with one of em, I'll update on Sunday.

This ol crinkle leaf issue showed up & not the first time on GSC either with odd occasions on other strains assumed a genetic issue of unknown origin ?

I did have some pic's of minor nitrogen def but the yellowing from Hps really screwed with quality & in till Sunday now :thumb:

End of week 6 & week 1 of flowering.

Pre flowers have started to show a few days ago not to shabby for force flowering with clear signs of minor nitrogen def in the intervainal section of the older fan leaf's I'm not to bothered as the older fan leaf's during flowering normally take the brunt of any macro nutrient issue's plus we are experiencing extra accelerated vegetative growth during the first couple of weeks of flipping to 12/12 hence a nitrogen problem.

In hind sight I should off applied a little more when mixing the compost blend as it may of avoid this minor problem.

Apart from that they are bushing out just great looking real vigorous :green_heart:

Part 2 the next grow end of week 6 of veg.

All looking sweet & had to adjust LST to spread the canopy a little with new growth once again some minor nitrogen def showing on older fan leaf's.

End of week 7 & 2nd week of flowering.

Every thing seems fine with granule fertilizer doing their part the plants have taken to a new shade of green in a healthy way one of them is showing what looks like P - phosphorus def but nothing to worry about.

As it has been another two weeks since the last feed with a measured dose of fert granules where applied & watered in well.

Very early flowering.

Part 2 the next grow end of week 7.

Feed as above with some defol around the centre canopy was done & a tad more LST work.

End of week 8 & the 3rd week of flowering.

Bit more stretch this week 3 out of 4 average 70 cm height so GSC is living up to its short growing nature.

Ambient conditions in the grow tent are getting warm so careful attention is required when watering.

Being the end of the weekly cycle & this being the main watering day to rehydrate the growing medium top watering is applied to the point of run off & then plant saucers are filled with as much water as they can hold this slowly wicks up through the growing medium to rehydrate to a point of well watered, this is good for a few days when regular checking needs to be done.

Part 2 the next grow end week 8.

Chugging along nicely.

Back
Top Bottom