420 Magazine's Official Girl Scout Cookies Comparative Grow By Fuzzy Duck

Half way through week 8.

Well I had to get back in the tent for a tidy up today & pick up/off some yellowed leaf's some additional plant support was provide with a boot lace plus some small canes as one of the plants had partly fallen over with the weight of the main flower :)

Looking like a dense cola so far, I'm pretty sure I'll be in for a surprise yield.

How ever just one of plants is a lot riper than the others, minor issue... grumbles.

Whilst the rest are just showing signs of the first amber or burnt orange pistil hairs which are going to need a couple more weeks.

Stubby

Back at the end of week with some more eye candy :thumb:

Do you move the plants around in the room at all so as to even out the light between them over time? If not, its not surprising that there are places in there getting a little more light than other places, and plants lucky enough to live in that neighborhood would finish faster. Looking good though! Those are some nice buds!

I move them around once weekly for an inspection & for change of position, we are also under a parabolic reflector.

When I first was here @420Marijuana420 my 2nd journal was from a clone I took & which I grew several times from clone of clone... bang on always finished at 7 weeks & was suggested by breeder between 7 to 9 weeks perhaps I got lucky with that clone.

How ever I have grown said strain from seed twice, since that clone with different results in length of flowering, nutrient requirements & some minor other details.

Oh phenotypes which could be an expression of the breeding in the gene pool of said strain.

These girls don't all behave the same :green_heart:

You can find variations even with clones.

Inna perfect world the cuts would be the same but it doesn't always go that way.

Both bacteria and viruses can change rNA of plants and that can change the genetics slightly from clone to clone and why taking cuts with clean instruments and hands is super important.

Your plants are looking great .... cant wait for the smoke report! :passitleft:

Nearly at the end of the 8th week of flowering & just before I do the Sunday update I would like to present to you...

Subject 1

Ye I've been banging on about this one plant which is showing advanced ripening with only a picture will paint a thousand words for me to show the community.

To me that is screaming harvest time slight problem with logistics as the flowering tent is also the slow air dry tent.

I could get a new carbon filter to rig up the spare tent for a drying room but at cost for a single plant & not quite ticking all the boxes just yet :ganjamon:

Tomorrow you will see the rest of the pearly white pistils :thumb:

End of the 13th week & the 8th week of flowering.

Some of plants have taken on a more sativa look over the flowering period mainly so with leaf's & suspected possible longer flowering time which is quite a contrast to veg Indica looking plants.

Staking or some form of support maybe required for the end stage of flowering if growing natural bush as the girls are getting top heavy.

Another two weeks have passed so feeding time & Stubby where's my main cola shall take the lead in the line up of eye candy.

Well the phone camera got a better picture than I can see under dodge lighting conditions middle age & eye sight :oops:

On the turn which is sure a good sign I can breath a sigh of relief but non the less those girls are still packing out a fair amount of white pistils on the colas should not be long now.

I move them around once weekly for an inspection & for change of position, we are also under a parabolic reflector.

When I first was here @420Marijuana420 my 2nd journal was from a clone I took & which I grew several times from clone of clone... bang on always finished at 7 weeks & was suggested by breeder between 7 to 9 weeks perhaps I got lucky with that clone.

How ever I have grown said strain from seed twice, since that clone with different results in length of flowering, nutrient requirements & some minor other details.

Oh phenotypes which could be an expression of the breeding in the gene pool of said strain.

These girls don't all behave the same :green_heart:
Do twins act the same?
I recently had same plant seeds 2 plants finished 5 weeks apart.
By the way.....your girls are looking Marvelous!
:green_heart:

Do twins act the same?
I recently had same plant seeds 2 plants finished 5 weeks apart.
By the way.....your girls are looking Marvelous!
:green_heart:

Cheers bud some thing about growing a natural bush I like :Namaste:

Do twins act the same, nope.

Considering they are some 40 journals covering GSC & that being some few hundred plants among the selected growers we will undoubtedly see some phenotypes :green_heart:

Considering they are some 40 journals covering GSC & that being some few hundred plants among the selected growers we will undoubtedly see some phenotypes
With 11 GSC plants in my grow, I can already see a few who are not like the others... most of them reverting to a more sativa looking leaf, and I am surmising that these will be more closely related to the Durban Poison that is in their genetics.

Fuzzy
Thought I'd pop my head in and say hello old friend. Looking like you have some nice colas going on

Wow I have not seen you in years & good to see you are still around :green_heart:

I'm a little old fashion when growing new strains as I enjoy watching them grow in the environment they are in before adding a new perspective to how we like to grow our favourite herb.

I must admit GSC has a fine looking cola @Weed Seeds Express

With 11 GSC plants in my grow, I can already see a few who are not like the others... most of them reverting to a more sativa looking leaf, and I am surmising that these will be more closely related to the Durban Poison that is in their genetics.

Well you absolutely correct about Durban Poison being the sativa link in the genetics even tho OG Kush which is largely Indica based has some sativa genetics as well, this may change a little between breeders of said strain !

I must admit it was a little strange watching it morph more sativa during the grow.

None the less GSC by @Weed Seeds Express could turn up some interesting phenotypes & for a budding growing some clones might well be worth keeping :thumb:

End of week 14 & the 9th week of flowering.

Depending on conditions & phenotype GSC is long flowering beauty you really need to watch those pistils turn...

Harvesting to early will result in poor results, I've done it I'm sure others have also :thumb:

Mmm the crunch da ol fuzzy ruffled feathers... week 10 is a big +, could push week 11 perhaps a little longer like 12... with variables GSC 9 to 12 week flowering.

When opening the tent aromas of chocolate, earth, wood will grace you & when closer to your plants fruit may well be noted with under tones of spice :Namaste:

Fuzzy, Wow, thanks for the full bud potential preview…I just ended week 4 flower, was also thinking these will go 8 to 10 weeks. I will not go full amber for this organic medicinal grow. Cheers

I'm in the grow tent every evening monitoring the ripening.

Other sources checked suggest 9 to 10 weeks :popcorn:

Pushing nearly week 10 a lot of trichome are looking very cloudy under the jewelers loupe x15, I do have some variation between some plants... it is like black, white & shades of grey !

I'm in the grow tent every evening monitoring the ripening.

Other sources checked suggest 9 to 10 weeks :popcorn:

Pushing nearly week 10 a lot of trichome are looking very cloudy under the jewelers loupe x15, I do have some variation between some plants... it is like black, white & shades of grey !
My grow cabinet is all in one through initial dry and cure to jar…I scope and majority rules. Cheers

Back
Top Bottom