420 Magazine's Official Girl Scout Cookies Comparative Grow By Fuzzy Duck

End of week 15 & the 10th week of flowering.

Harvest time :thumb:

I finally decided to chop em down as the trichomes where very cloudy I'm quite happy with the results.

I did experience some fox tailing on one plant in the last week of flowering.

Average RH is between 60 to 70% in the tent at present with the damp UK summer not helping a great deal so I plan to use dehumidifier for the first few days to manage this problem.

The slow air dry, in good conditions 10 days is pretty normal... current conditions may take a little longer.

Congrats mate. Tasty looking bud you've grown there. My tent RH was a bit low and think mine dried a bit quick the first couple of days. Should be alright now the rain has returned :laugh:

:goodjob::yummy:

Lol, it is all plan for :D

When the bud is most fresh I like to dry in the early 20c to 23c around 50% RH perhaps a tad lower for the first few days this helps avoid any rot problems.

The remaining period 20c & RH 60% aprox seems to work well for the slow air dry.

Wow - huge buds! Cure well! Wish we all lived closer and could have a comparative smoke gathering when we are all done!

Wow - huge buds! Cure well! Wish we all lived closer and could have a comparative smoke gathering when we are all done!

I do believe that is one of the better grows I've achieved @GeoFlora Nutrients , @Weed Seeds Express & if those ol colas 'n' nugs look as dense as they look then I'm in for a surprise yield...

Still got a mile or two to go in the slow air dry process to pull this off :thumb:

Fuzzy, Nice harvest, buds look indica dense from a sativa looking plant. I’m sure the smell is delicious. Cheers

The aroma or potential terpene profile of GSC by @Weed Seeds Express is amazing :green_heart:

She has caught me totally off guards & there where moments whilst vegging I even questioned my carbon filter & age of it !

Lots of questions.

Whilst in veg or early I found notes of fruits, chocolate 'n' spice later on in veg it kind of matured to chocolate, earth, wood with hints of fruit.

Flowering mainly suggested chocolate, earth, wood... I did have rare experience of the mint expression in GSC which I'm sure over the last several years I saw an expression of this phenotype as seed with another breeder.

Been very interesting :thumb:

It has been about 7 days since harvest.

The dehumidifier has been used during R/L night period when RH is naturally higher in my part of the world on average with part management of the slow air dry I've averaged between 50 to 55% RH - temp between 22 to 24c.

Its been turn off now & with careful monitoring I'll expect average between 60 to65% RH for the remaining period - temp hopefully between 20 to 22c..

Rainy days may adjust RH by a few %

The damp hay smell is fading away & the terpene profile of GSC is breaking through.

Chocolate, earth, fruit & I think i got a hint of mint on one of them... they are going to get individual mason jars for sure :thumb:

Ah, almost to the point of stem crack in the slow air dry process :green_heart:

In the fine art of growing medical grade cannabis for personal use & this is the point which is super critical for any budding connoisseur is the drying & curing process !

I'm just past day 10 of the slow air drying... Mmm weather is posing a slight issue with relative humidity so methods may need to be put in place to manage this situation, I'm gonna use a dehumidifier with RH at 70% to try & get down to lower 60% for the curing process got a few days to play with.

Hopeful ambient migration of RH will not effect bud curing & storing between 60 to 70% RH to much.

Ye all in check with these conditions :thumb:

Congrats on the harvest! Last year was my first harvest. The curing process this year will be that much better than last year. Going to keep my mindset on being a connoisseur as you mentioned and be patient through the whole process!

Congrats on the harvest! Last year was my first harvest. The curing process this year will be that much better than last year. Going to keep my mindset on being a connoisseur as you mentioned and be patient through the whole process!

Cheers bud :green_heart:

Mmm sounds like ya gonna come up with a 2nd harvest soon.

If you can pull off a good curing process I'm sure the taste of your own home grown medical herb will be so much better.

I'm normally quite strict on the curing process before testing :goodluck:

But I cracked a nug a few days ago :green_heart:

@Weed Seeds Express

Fresh out of the grinder into a nearly 100% glass path way portable vaporizer firefly +2...

The terpene profile expressed good notes of Chocolate, earth, wood.

A few days later when the herb has dried a little more...

The main terpene profile is still dominate but secondary notes are being tasted with hints of mint & spice :thumb:

Still early days & feeling happy, relaxed with medical effects.

I'm normally quite strict on the curing process before testing :goodluck:

But I cracked a nug a few days ago :green_heart:

@Weed Seeds Express

Fresh out of the grinder into a nearly 100% glass path way portable vaporizer firefly +2...

The terpene profile expressed good notes of Chocolate, earth, wood.

A few days later when the herb has dried a little more...

The main terpene profile is still dominate but secondary notes are being tasted with hints of mint & spice :thumb:

Still early days & feeling happy, relaxed with medical effects.
Awesome, I had the gen 1 and picked up the second generation. I never realized the top was glass on generation 2. Can't wait to taste my cured stuff with it!!!

Congrats Fuzzy Duck! By the sounds of your descriptions on the aromas and all I'm over here drolling in my garden with much more flower time left to grow! Cheers my friend!

The last couple couple of weeks has been interesting & recently grinded another nug closer to the standard 2 week of burping jars sizzle :thumb:

The terpene profile is like a musky chocolate, earthy, wood with a hint of spice... The mint note can be expressed on a fresh ground nug not every time but like like a rare expression of a minty note all of the sudden you get this fresh mint like flavour bit like sucking on a peppermint sweet or after eight mint lingering into the musky notes of chocolate !

Ye ya really wanna vape this one :Namaste:

The medical effect is not of a euphoric type.

More of body & focus with a happy relaxed feeling even tho at times I felt like a sofa moment.

Back
Top Bottom