420 Magazine's Official Girl Scout Cookies Comparative Grow By HashGirl

Will be interesting to see how the GF Veg helps at this stage. I didn’t put any nutrients into my solo cups - just the Dynomyco. They look good. :thumb:

So you put the nutes right up against the stem? I always thought it was best to put them a bit away so you don't burn the seedling, and the roots have something to find as they search out the edges of the container.
Don't mean to answer for HG but thankfully with the way @GeoFlora Nutrients is metabolized by the microbes, there is no worry of nute burn. I scratched some in on mine last week and they're exploding. The three that had some GF mixed in before germinating are close behind too. I don't think I'll ever plant seeds in soil again without some GF in it!

So you put the nutes right up against the stem? I always thought it was best to put them a bit away so you don't burn the seedling, and the roots have something to find as they search out the edges of the container.

:welcome: to my journal, Azi. I'm still pretty new to growing and I honestly never thought anything of adding the GF the way I did but thank you to Baked for reassuring both of us that my plants will be fine.

Good afternoon.

Here is a group shot of the GSCs from May 20th when I added @GeoFlora Nutrients to them (1st photo) and today (May 23):

IMG_2759.jpeg

IMG_2829.jpeg

In 3 days, they each grew as per the following:
420 Info.jpg

I'm impressed especially with the 1.75" that GSC4 has grown in 3 days.

I also prepped 4 1-gallon pots with ProMix, @DYNOMYCO and @GeoFlora Nutrients . I added 2 tsps of GF and one tsp of Dynomyco to each pot and mixed. I then watered each of them with 1/2 litre of water. If it should be more, could someone let me know. Here are a couple of photos:

IMG_2832.jpeg

Added GF & Dynomyco:

IMG_2834.jpeg

The medium mixed and watered:

IMG_2846.jpeg

I moved all 4 into the tent that my husband (@FeloniousPunk ) just emptied of 4 @Weed Seeds Express Alpine Star CBDs that he harvested yesterday. I thought mine smelled lemony but his smell more piney. Very interesting.

Anyhow, the 4 prepared 1-gallon pots are in this tent now. I will probably transplant the GSCs in a week or so depending on how fast they grow.

Daaaaaamn!!! They look sexy! This post alone should sell anyone. Haa haaa

I then watered each of them with 1/2 litre of water. If it should be more, could someone let me know.
In my opinion, I don't think this is something anybody else could quantify for you because of individual soil differences. I believe it something that you have to feel with your hands and stop when your instinct tells you it is saturated enough. My goal is a fist full that stays together and nothing drips out when I squeeze as hard as I can. Open up my hand and it should be able to fall apart easily. That tells me moisture and aeration are good. This is my baseline and then customize if needed based on plant species and their requirements. I hope that helps.

Yesterday I added roughly a gallon and a half of water to 15 gallons of soil. Some of my inputs already had some moisture though. Had they been dry, I may have had to add 3 or 4 gallons. See what I mean?

According to the GF feed chart, 1 gallon pots take 2 tablespoons (or 12 teaspoons).

Oops. Misread it. I guess I'll add 10 more teaspoons to each pot. But it will have to wait until tomorrow as the tent is in darkness now.

Thanks, Shed.

I like your 2 day post nutrient comparison pics! I want my soil to be slightly moist but not overly wet for transplant. I usually add more water to the edges of the pot after I transplant for the roots to reach for.

Usually when I up-pot, I fill the new pot halfway with ProMix and then I water it. From there, I use the inverted cup method of putting the plant in the new pot and filling up the gaps with more ProMix.

This is the first time I've used dry nutes this way. So, figuring that the GF needed to be mixed in with all the ProMix that will fill the pot, I filled the pot to the top and then watered it as the info I read says that GF doesn't like a dry medium.

After I plant the GSCs in the 1-gallons, I will definitely be watering them again.

The tent has been cleaned out and is ready for the GSC ladies:

FC3000 Mars Hydro Light (@Mars Hydro ):

IMG_2854.jpeg

FC3000 Driver.jpeg

Tent & New Light Ready to Go:

Tent Ready to Go.jpeg

And, I also added the missing GeoFlora from the 4 prepared 1-gallon pots using Emilya's math rather than Shed's for a change ;):

Additional GF.jpeg

Prepared Pot.jpeg

And, that's all I did for this grow today. Thanks for following along.

Back
Top Bottom