420 Magazine's Official Girl Scout Cookies Comparative Grow By HashGirl

What type of LST do you mean? Bending over the whole plant or tying down the upper nodes to allow the lower nodes to catch up.

For bending the plant, LST should be started as soon as the plant is tall enough for the bent area to be above the lip of the pot.

Also, GeoFlora recommends 2 tablespoons for a 1 gallon pot rather than 1 teaspoon.

gf feed.JPG

What type of LST do you mean?

I don't know. :hmmmm: I want to do the kind of LST that is possible at this stage, a kind that will give me more colas and, therefore a bigger yield. And, I want an easy to do LST, not something complicated.

Also, GeoFlora recommends 2 tablespoons for a 1 gallon pot rather than 1 teaspoon.

gf feed.JPG

Hi Shed.

My chart above was wrong. I've updated it in my spreadsheet and here is the link that refers to the amount I did add:

420 Magazine's Official Girl Scout Cookies Comparative Grow By HashGirl

I want to do the kind of LST that is possible at this stage, a kind that will give me more colas and, therefore a bigger yield. And, I want an easy to do LST, not something complicated.
No LST is complicated once you understand why you're doing it, and LST will give you bigger colas from your existing growth rather than more. Only cutting (topping or FIMming) will force the plant to generate new potential colas.

Most folks don't top and then bend over their plants, so for the ones you have already topped, the LST there would be to hold flat the top nodes so the lower ones will catch up to them. For the untopped GSC1, now would be the time to start to bend it over to eventually get the top growth lower than the lower growth.

Hey HG! I'm doing some LST on most of mine at some point. My bonsai inspired plant at the moment is the only one I have been bending everyday to get the growth I want.

Just as cr8grow showed above, I am doing something similar to hold my branches down. My end goal for the bonsai plant is not more colas. But by doing what I have done so far, it forced the apex growth hormones to move into the lower branches which are now the leaders in growth.

it forced the apex growth hormones to move into the lower branches which are now the leaders in growth.
I was going to post about this benefit in much more cavemen like terms. Glad someone with a more solid vocabulary took to the task!

Haa haa...well technically speaking it is apical dominance that we are manipulating with LST and HST. :cool: :ganjamon:

"Auxin is predominantly produced in the growing shoot apex and is transported throughout the plant via the phloem and diffuses into lateral buds which prevents elongation."

Mehhh...I like my first description better! lol

Haa haa...well technically speaking it is apical dominance that we are manipulating with LST and HST. :cool: :ganjamon:

"Auxin is predominantly produced in the growing shoot apex and is transported throughout the plant via the phloem and diffuses into lateral buds which prevents elongation."

Mehhh...I like my first description better! lol
:thedoubletake:

Hi HG! Been by before but never made my presence known. Nice job you are doing here. Glad you’ve found a solution to those pests. Hey, does anyone know whether a solution of Neem oil, dish soap and water would kill those thrips? I’ve used it successfully on Spider Mites so just curious what other pests it works on. I have about a litre of Neem Oil that I was going to use in a dog shampoo I was going to make but never got around to it.

Anyway, HG, nice start to your grow. I was hoping all along that you’d grow in hempy. I’d love to keep learning about growing that way because your forays into growing in hempy got me excited about a new way to grow. But following along with this grow is great in itself.

All my best,
~Magnus

Hi HG! Been by before but never made my presence known. Nice job you are doing here. Glad you’ve found a solution to those pests. Hey, does anyone know whether a solution of Neem oil, dish soap and water would kill those thrips? I’ve used it successfully on Spider Mites so just curious what other pests it works on. I have about a litre of Neem Oil that I was going to use in a dog shampoo I was going to make but never got around to it.

Hi Magnus.

:welcome: to my GSC grow journal.

I used Safer's Concentrated Insecticidal Soap with potassium salts for my thrips. I think @InTheShed recommended spraying with Safer's before flowering and Neem oil after flowering.

However, like you, I have 1L of Neem's oil as I was planning on making my own tick repellent; I just haven't yet. I have no idea how to use on your plants.

Anyway, HG, nice start to your grow. I was hoping all along that you’d grow in hempy. I’d love to keep learning about growing that way because your forays into growing in hempy got me excited about a new way to grow. But following along with this grow is great in itself.

All my best,
~Magnus

I might try hempy again at some point but right now, with 3 grows currently ongoing, I'm not going to think about it now. @Amy Gardner wants me to try it again, too.

@Magnus8
I think @InTheShed recommended spraying with Safer's before flowering and Neem oil after flowering.
You have that 100% backwards! I try to avoid oil sprays in flower as they will brown the pistils and can leave your buds tasting awful.

Neem in veg. Safers Insect Spray (potassium salts) any time, but rinse it off after it dries so the salts don't accumulate. It only works when it's wet anyway.

@Magnus8

You have that 100% backwards! I try to avoid oil sprays in flower as they will brown the pistils and can leave your buds tasting awful.

Neem in veg. Safers Insect Spray (potassium salts) any time, but rinse it off after it dries so the salts don't accumulate. It only works when it's wet anyway.
Thanks for that clarification. I’ve got to remember that. The only pests I’ve come across were just a few spider mites that were gone after one application of Neem oil. I did two just to be sure. I’ve been lucky enough not to have other pests.

All my best,
~Magnus

Here are my attempts at LST. Please let me know if you see anything incorrect.

GSC1 - Untopped - 32 days old:

Photo 1 - GSC1.jpeg

Photo 2 - GSC1.jpeg

Photo 3 - GSC1.jpeg

Photo 4 - GSC1.jpeg

GSC2 - Topped - 33 days old:

Photo 5 - GSC2.jpeg

Photo 6 - GSC2.jpeg

GSC3 - Fimmed - 33 days old:

Photo 7 - GSC3.jpeg

Photo 8 - GSC3.jpeg

GSC4 - Topped - 34 days old:

Photo 9 - GSC4.jpeg

Photo 10 - GSC4.jpeg

Thanks for following along.

I see your fimm didn't take ,,,looking back it looks like u cut to high ,,she put a lot of energy into trying to regrow her leaves,,u could re top the plant or tie it down like u did with your others ,, :ganjamon:

Back
Top Bottom