420 Magazine's Official Girl Scout Cookies Comparative Grow By HashGirl

Thanks, Dick. We already owned 2 of them so I already knew they were good but thanks for the thumbs up.

Good morning.

I have a question. I'm planning on moving my GSCs to a bigger pot as they're getting too tall in their cups today. I have prepared 4 1-gallon pots with ProMix, GeoFlora, and Dynomyco for them to go into.

However, I am planning on topping them and doing some training on them as well, too. Should I transplant them to the prepared 1-gallon pots or should I prepare their final pots (5 gallon) and transplant them to that instead?

Should I transplant them to the prepared 1-gallon pots or should I prepare their final pots (5 gallon) and transplant them to that instead?
I really do think that going up in smaller increments is better and easier to manage the water and nutrients. I have seen some jump right into much larger containers. My biggest worry with larger containers is how easy it is to get excess water causing root rot.

Hey HG. Things are looking great around here.

I'd go with the 1 gallon transplant simply because you've already prepared it. I'm in my final pot size already (5 gallon) and won't be transplanting again but I probably should have put them in a smaller pot before going into these.

Thanks, guys. So, should I wait to perform any LSTing until they're in their final pots?

If u go ahead with the 1gallon pots then there's no harm in topping your plants it's a good stage to do it,,u will also b able to lst your plants at this point but nothing heavy cause u gonna have to move it
So good luck :circle-of-love: :blunt:

Like Freak said. Toppings cool but you won't be able to tie anything to the pots unless it's temporary. Super-cropping would be something I would still consider though you'd have to wait until those bends firmed up again before moving the plant too much. You could easily snap a branch off doing that.

I would also recommend moving to the 1 gallon first. They may only be in the 1 gallon a week before your move to the 5 gallon which is a good thing. After a 1 or 2 days in the 5 gallon start LST. At this point focus should be placed on the root development.

I haven't seen pics since Sunday so I'm not sure how developed your plants are.

:peace:

People want pics? Okay, here is one picture of the plants and one picture with the grow info. They're really shooting up in height.

Photo 1 - Grow Info.jpg

IMG_3026.jpg

I was planning on posting an update once I move them to their 1-gallon pots, which will have to be tomorrow now as the tent they're moving into has its lights out right now. I will also need to get my husband (Felonious) to set the timer in the GSC tent to veg since I haven't got a clue how to use it.

And, I will have to move my winter Carnival to the other big tent since the light in the GSC tent is currently set up for flowering for it. And, I also have my 2 Dark Devils in there since the growing rack was filled with the GSCs, Big Devil XLs and my summer Carnival.

Please note: GSC3 and 4 look like they're touching the light in this photo but they're actually normally on the bottom shelf of the rack as the light is higher there. I just put them on the top shelf for photo taking ease.

Great! Thanks, everyone. Transplanting to 1-gallon pots will take place tomorrow. I will bury the main stems as far as I can.

Great! Thanks, everyone. Transplanting to 1-gallon pots will take place tomorrow. I will bury the main stems as far as I can.

Transplanting did not happen today as my knee was too sore and I was too tired because I didn't sleep well last night and woke up with a headache. I napped this afternoon and feel a little better. Still have a bit of a headache, though.

Hopefully, tomorrow. Fingers crossed.

feel better HG! I think you received good advice. The only thing I have to add is consistent and is you can wait to do LST training as long as the plant is still flexible. The key benefit to doing it earlier would be to have a level canopy based on what is available to bend at the time and build off of that. What I mean is as long as you can bend them later, you can do it whenever you would like and shape it how you wish but an earlier foundation is a potential plus. You can remove restraints as you go

Hope you're feeling better and better as the day goes on. Naps for the win!
you can wait to do LST training as long as the plant is still flexible.
I have to disagree with you there MG.
The key benefit to doing it earlier would be to have a level canopy based on what is available to bend at the time and build off of that. What I mean is as long as you can bend them later, you can do it whenever you would like and shape it how you wish
The main point of LST is to redirect the growth hormones to the lower nodes by making the plant think it doesn't have an apical stem. That's accomplished by pulling the top below the lower nodes, and the sooner you do that, the sooner the plant will turn those lowers into tops.

The sooner the better for LST, once the plant is tall enough to get the top lower than the lowers. And HG is well past that point now!

Hope you're feeling better and better as the day goes on. Naps for the win!

I have to disagree with you there MG.

The main point of LST is to redirect the growth hormones to the lower nodes by making the plant think it doesn't have an apical stem. That's accomplished by pulling the top below the lower nodes, and the sooner you do that, the sooner the plant will turn those lowers into tops.

The sooner the better for LST, once the plant is tall enough to get the top lower than the lowers. And HG is well past that point now!
Agree 100% although I think you can wait as long as they are flexible, you are losing a major benefit that you describe here. Had to clarify between what is possible and what is ideal. I agree 100%

Back
Top Bottom