420 Magazine's Official Girl Scout Cookies Comparative Grow By HashGirl

Hope you get answers for your knee. I’ve done cortisone for different issues and sometimes it works and other times it doesn’t. Did you have an MRI to see what’s going on in your knee? Sorry it stopped you from going to the event. I have a friend that I knew growing up who’s Mom is the grand daughter of a famous American First Nations Chief. She was taken away to a school to de-cultural her. These schools were all over America too - I was watching a documentary about them - awful what the government did.

I didn't get to do much gardening today as I slept in until 10:30 and then by the time, I had woken up and my pain meds had kicked in, I had to call Sister 3 and her youngest son as it was both of their birthdays today and by the time, I was off the phone, I only had 15 minutes to do everything. I had a quick peek at them and other than the yellowing, they looked pretty good.

However, that said, I have prepared the 4th and final 5-gallon pot for transplanting. I figure I'll do the first 2 pots I prepared tomorrow and the remaining 2 the day after and that will give the GF another day to do its work.

However, remember I told you I was out of Dynomyco? Well Felonious picked up some more yesterday and the outside of the package looks exactly like what @DYNOMYCO sent me but the actual product looks really different.

Here's what the Dynomyco looked like from Dynomyco:

Dynomyco - 08-May-21.jpeg

And, here's what the stuff my husband bought looks like:

Dynomyco - 03-Jul-21.jpeg

Dynomyco2 - 03-Jul-21.jpeg

It's more like a powder than the granules that I was used to. I assume it will work the same way.

Hope you get answers for your knee. I’ve done cortisone for different issues and sometimes it works and other times it doesn’t. Did you have an MRI to see what’s going on in your knee?

No, no MRI. I had an x-ray. My GP sent me for x-rays of both knees and the message that was left on my phone was yes, you have osteoarthritis in both knees and yes, it's definitely worse in the left but it's not bad enough yet for knee replacement surgery.

But, thanks for asking. :hug:

GSC3 and GSC4 were transplanted to 5-gallon pots today. Here are the pics:

GSC3:

Photo 1 - GSC3.jpeg

Photo 2 - GSC3.jpeg

Photo 3 - GSC3.jpeg

Photo 4 - GSC3.jpeg

GSC4:

Photo 5 - GSC4.jpeg

Photo 6 - GSC4.jpeg

Photo 7 - GSC4.jpeg

Photo 8 - GSC4.jpeg

So, I have a question about the roots. When I transplant tomatoes, I usually break off half of the rootball beforehand. Is there any reason I shouldn't do that with cannabis plants? I didn't do it with these two because I didn't know if was allowed. The reason I do it is so that the plant sits better in the prepared hole.

GSC3 and GSC4 were transplanted to 5-gallon pots today. Here are the pics:

GSC3:

Photo 1 - GSC3.jpeg

Photo 2 - GSC3.jpeg

Photo 3 - GSC3.jpeg

Photo 4 - GSC3.jpeg

GSC4:

Photo 5 - GSC4.jpeg

Photo 6 - GSC4.jpeg

Photo 7 - GSC4.jpeg

Photo 8 - GSC4.jpeg

So, I have a question about the roots. When I transplant tomatoes, I usually break off half of the rootball beforehand. Is there any reason I shouldn't do that with cannabis plants? I didn't do it with these two because I didn't know if was allowed. The reason I do it is so that the plant sits better in the prepared hole.
No need to break off roots.

Here's the science.

The root ball is very similar to the part of the plant above ground. There's a main root (apical root) and side roots. The same structure as above the soil with many of the same functions. The really important one is the ability to deliver plant growth regulators (hormones) to parts of the plant above the soil line as well as adsorbing nutrients in the root zone.

Remove the apical root and she will have to grow a new one same as above the soil line when folks top plants and de-foil leaves. It's all gotta grow back.

Tomatoes you can leave the root ball alone as well. It will be a benefit to leave them intact. If you want to promote new roots just plant the stem deeper that it was at up-pot same with tomatoes.

When I transplant tomatoes, I usually break off half of the rootball beforehand. Is there any reason I shouldn't do that with cannabis plants? I didn't do it with these two because I didn't know if was allowed. The reason I do it is so that the plant sits better in the prepared hole.
What bo/b said! I try to make transplant as seamless as possible using the inverse sandcastle method and putting the rootball in the perfectly sized hole. If I have a plant that's really rootbound I may score the outer roots with a sharp razor about 1/4" deep.

The root pruning I do is for mother plants being kept in the same small pot for months on end, not for plants I'm growing to flower and harvest.

All 4 girls have been up-potted to 5 gallon pots now. Here are a couple of pics:

GSC1 - 55 Days' Old:

IMG_3926 2.jpeg

GSC2 - 56 Days' Old:

Photo 2 - GSC2 - 6-Jul-21.jpeg

A Gaggle of Girls:

Thanks goes to @Weed Seeds Express , @420 , @DYNOMYCO and @GeoFlora Nutrients.

Photo 3 - The Girls - 6-Jul-21.jpeg

Any suggestions on when I should flip them to flower?

If you have ever heard of SoG aka Sea of Green per meter squared ( M2 ) = X % yield.

Lighting choice aids yield as well.

Basically the greater the surface area of your plant will in theory gain more bud / yield hence some people like to train their plants & grow them on before flowering.

You could easy double the size of your plant canopy to help fill up the spare space in your tent.

Go wider & not up.

This is old school growing.

Well ,,feed em ,,if u ain't got geoflora left just feed em a liquid diet if needed

Definitely not before they look healthy. They are in serious need of food.

Well ,,feed em ,,if u ain't got geoflora left just feed em a liquid diet if needed

They all were fed when I up-potted them to the 5-gallon pots yesterday and today as each pot had 1/2 cup of GF Veg amended into the soil. Since I just planted them yesterday and today, and watered it in, as far as I'm concerned, they have been fed. Additionally, they were only 1 week into their 2-week feeding schedule before I up-potted them so even if I hadn't up-potted them, they weren't ready for their next feeding.

Hi Hashgirl thanks for the birthday wishes, thought I’d stop by to check in on your journal!

Good job on the transplant, they should like the extra space and fresh soil!

I’m a newer grower I’d probably wait another week to see if they perk up a bit since the transplant/feeding. I’ve read that you don’t want a plant to have signs any nutrient issues prior to flipping.

as far as I'm concerned, they have been fed
Not as far as they're concerned! And it's hard to catch up with GF when you get behind in plant feeding.
they weren't ready for their next feeding
They are telling you that they're hungry. This seems to be a problem among some GF growers, and the schedule is meaningless if the plants don't respond positively.

Folks have gone to 12 or even 10 day intervals, and some are adding nitrogen in the form of cal-mag. I don't think it's a good idea to sacrifice your plants to the schedule of a specific line of nutrients if it isn't quite working for you.

I hate to say it, HashGirl- but unless they get some additional nitrogen, they may not green up at all...
2 of my plants did the same thing...one of them got additional nitrogen in the form of Calmag- (8-0-0) all it's life, and it didn't green up till a week before harvest- and that one was fed GF Veg exclusively, which has considerably more N than GF Bloom nutes...
If yours are yellow now, on veg nutes, it's just going to get worse when you make the switch to bloom nutes.
My second yellow plant was ok till I switched to bloom nutes- then, within a week, it also started yellowing...I finally said to hell with it, and switched back to my old nutes- within 6 days, it was green again...
If you or Felonius have anything in your nute stash with a decent amount of of nitrogen in it, you might try giving your plants a dose of it to see what happens- it isn't going to hurt them, because they're definitely hurting for nitrogen right now...
Just don't give them too much- even though they need nitrogen, giving them too much too fast could still burn them...just kind of ease them into the extra nitrogen, allowing a week or so between applications...
I know you didn't ask for suggestions, but I figured I'd throw one out there anyway...
I hope that's ok...:meditate:

Not as far as they're concerned! And it's hard to catch up with GF when you get behind in plant feeding.

They are telling you that they're hungry. This seems to be a problem among some GF growers, and the schedule is meaningless if the plants don't respond positively.

Folks have gone to 12 or even 10 day intervals, and some are adding nitrogen in the form of cal-mag. I don't think it's a good idea to sacrifice your plants to the schedule of a specific line of nutrients if it isn't quite working for you.

I hate to say it, HashGirl- but unless they get some additional nitrogen, they may not green up at all...
2 of my plants did the same thing...one of them got additional nitrogen in the form of Calmag- (8-0-0) all it's life, and it didn't green up till a week before harvest- and that one was fed GF Veg exclusively, which has considerably more N than GF Bloom nutes...
If yours are yellow now, on veg nutes, it's just going to get worse when you make the switch to bloom nutes.
My second yellow plant was ok till I switched to bloom nutes- then, within a week, it also started yellowing...I finally said to hell with it, and switched back to my old nutes- within 6 days, it was green again...
If you or Felonius have anything in your nute stash with a decent amount of of nitrogen in it, you might try giving your plants a dose of it to see what happens- it isn't going to hurt them, because they're definitely hurting for nitrogen right now...
Just don't give them too much- even though they need nitrogen, giving them too much too fast could still burn them...just kind of ease them into the extra nitrogen, allowing a week or so between applications...
I know you didn't ask for suggestions, but I figured I'd throw one out there anyway...
I hope that's ok...:meditate:

I do appreciate your help and experience using GF. I know that my GSCs are struggling with this nute that is unfamiliar to me. I think we have Cal-Mag. Can I use that?

However, I just read this in Websissy's journal by @Emilya :

Please don't let others scare you into deviating from the GF 2 week schedule. My huge and very needy plants are doing just fine so far on the suggested amounts at the suggested times. If Geoflora were somehow weak and you needed extra or faster applications for needy plants, mine would be showing that. After growing several rounds of plants now from beginning to end in Geoflora, I am convinced that there is more than enough nutrition in there if we are applying at the suggested rate and that any problems I have been having have been related to other factors, temperature and bugs mostly. An organic grow is very susceptible to bugs since in this type of grow there are no readily available nutes coming in to supply the nutrition on a regular basis, even managing to feed damaged roots. In an organic grow, if the roots are not in tip top shape, or are being attacked in any way, deficiencies oftentimes occur even though everything needed is there, because the roots and the microbes being attacked gets in the way of the organic feeding cycle.

Her plants look great so maybe I just don't know what I'm doing... :hmmmm:

Yeah I got this thing called elixir it's fukkin dynamite 20.0.10
1625665772230915506488131064306.jpg

Back
Top Bottom