420 Magazine's Official Girl Scout Cookies Comparative Grow By HashGirl

Thanks, Websissy. I just checked with Felonious and we have Cal-Mag so I will add some today.

I applied it as a foliar spray. Is that what you did, Sissy?

When helping research this with a couple other growers, Dustin told them to put a whole cup of GF on top of the soil in a 7 gallon pot and water it in each feeding.

From what I can gather, please correct me if I’m wrong, it appears you added only half a cup into the soil, but did not top dress it.

He agrees GF is a little low on NPK so adding more can help if you have other sources for those, but also adding a little more and doing top dressing as they say, might help.

I’d try 3/4 cup on top of a 5 gallon pot and water it in to see if that helps. I’m not a grower though, so please let the others chime in and either confirm or correct my feedback.

Thanks, Websissy. I just checked with Felonious and we have Cal-Mag so I will add some today.
Does your cal-mag have nitrogen in it? There are some that are 0-0-0 and others as high as 13-0-0. What's the NPK listing on yours?

I would add it to the water you're using as well as using it as a foliar.
Dustin told them to put a whole cup of GF on top of the soil in a 7 gallon pot and water it in each feeding.
Thanks Rob! That's a nearly 40% increase from what is on their feeding chart for a 7 gallon pot, so I was wondering if Dustin is planning on updating the chart to reflect that change on the various pot sizes many of us grow in.

Does your cal-mag have nitrogen in it? There are some that are 0-0-0 and others as high as 13-0-0. What's the NPK listing on yours?

Thanks Rob! That's a nearly 40% increase from what is on their feeding chart for a 7 gallon pot, so I was wondering if Dustin is planning on updating the chart to reflect that change on the various pot sizes many of us grow in.
Just sent him a text and will let you know when he replies.

Dustin asked me to tag @GeoFlora Nutrients so he can check out your situation.

Shouldn't be long now.

Since GeoFlora has been so kind enough to sponsor you, all we ask is that you guys and gals start asking GeoFlora support questions, before saying it's not working :thanks:

When helping research this with a couple other growers, Dustin told them to put a whole cup of GF on top of the soil in a 7 gallon pot and water it in each feeding.

From what I can gather, please correct me if I’m wrong, it appears you added only half a cup into the soil, but did not top dress it.

Yes, I only added 1/2 cup to the medium prior to transplant. I was not aware that I was supposed to top dress as well.

However, I will wait for @GeoFlora Nutrients to chime in. Thanks, Rob.

He agrees GF is a little low on NPK so adding more can help if you have other sources for those, but also adding a little more and doing top dressing as they say, might help.

I’d try 3/4 cup on top of a 5 gallon pot and water it in to see if that helps. I’m not a grower though, so please let the others chime in and either confirm or correct my feedback.

This is the Cal-Mag I'm using:

Cal-Mag - Front.jpeg

Cal-Mag - Back.jpeg

I was going to ask about this. I went with the foliar spray today because A) I was told that foliar sprays act quickly and B) the plants didn't need water yet. Next time I water, I will add some ahead of time.

Hmmm, I can't say why some do better than others. This one has been on geoflora for it's first in the soil mix, then every 2 weeks on top twice so far and she's having a fine time of it. All Geoflora by the directions only, outdoors and a large 2.5 foot x 16 inches deep hole using foxfarms ocean forest soil. Scratching my head.

Hmmm, I can't say why some do better than others. This one has been on geoflora for it's first in the soil mix, then every 2 weeks on top twice so far and she's having a fine time of it. All Geoflora by the directions only, outdoors and a large 2.5 foot x 16 inches deep hole using foxfarms ocean forest soil. Scratching my head.
Damn that’s a healthy plant! Looks like the perfect mix of nutes and soil for my next grow! Beautifully done Stone O!

NTH

Yes, I only added 1/2 cup to the medium prior to transplant. I was not aware that I was supposed to top dress as well.

However, I will wait for @GeoFlora Nutrients to chime in. Thanks, Rob.
Hey @HashGirl! We definitely recommend following our feeding instructions, which can be found on our site: Geoflora Nutrients | Feed Chart | GEOFLORA Organic Dry Nutrients

Regular feed schedule is a top dress every two weeks! We recommend checking the chart above for your pot size to see how much to apply.

Well for one, your plant's roots have probably completely outgrown the hole you dug and it's getting whatever your actual soil has to offer, in addition to the GF!
That's one thing there. I think she's 5 weeks out now in the ground. If so size matters. Then over using like we see around seems like a way to go.

I'm stuck on getting it mixed in on inicial transplant and watered in well and not having such a dry period as I'm used to, to keep it (Geoflora) wet and leaching from the get go. That's kind of right by the book. Keeping it damper may be a thing, I don't know. This grow has been quite wet with rain, then when it's sunny it's 100 and I'm watering, so there's that.

Also my flowering amendment has a component that's 2-10-? I'll be adding every 2 weeks too. That's going to fit right in later I think.

I'm late to the party @InTheShed so please excuse me if I'm redundant or out of order.

She said she wasn't aware of the need to periodically topdress. That probably goes a long way in explaining the issue.
She is aware:
I gave the girls their 2 week GeoFlora feeding today of 2 tbsps each, along with 1 litre of water each.

I got the impression she didn't know she had to top dress at the same time as transplanting into a mix already amended with GF, not that I think that's the issue here since they were just recently transplanted.

Back
Top Bottom