420 Magazine's Official Girl Scout Cookies Comparative Grow By HashGirl

This is the correct method following our instructions, you're good. :)

We recommend amending for the first feeding 24-48 hrs prior to transplant to allow the nutrients to start breaking down and becoming available. Two weeks after transplant, apply your first top dress.

@HashGirl seeing these comments I realize what's confusing here.

You don't have to top-dress right after transplant because if you've amended into the soil, the nutrients are available to the plant at that time. You do want to start top dressing two weeks later to keep a steady stream of nutrients available for your plant as it grows.

I hope this clears up any lingering confusion!

That's exactly the opposite of what I thought you were telling me to do.

I transplanted my GSCs into amended ProMix 48 hours ahead of time and then planted them without adding any additional GF to the top of the medium and then my GSCs were looking really awful and I was told that I was supposed to amend AND top dress my plants during transplant.

What kind of water do you use? Wondering if some who are seeing nutrient issues could be due to PH, maybe too much calcium in water blocking uptake, chlorine, etc.?

Sorry Sissy, I just saw this.

We're on well water but I've been told by InTheShed that ph doesn't matter when using ProMix so I don't ph the water ahead of time.

Sorry Sissy, I just saw this.

We're on well water but I've been told by InTheShed that ph doesn't matter when using ProMix so I don't ph the water ahead of time.
If you have really high or low pH water it can interfere with the ability of nutrients to dissolve in it. But given that other plants have done fine I don't think that's it.

The pH of the nute water doesn't matter to the plants though as the lime in the ProMix will bring it into the correct range.

My well water is super high in alkalinity. High enough to kill plants in containers in about 3 weeks.

I adjust down with vitamin C powder and that's after it goes thru a 4 stage RO filter.

I wood test your pH of your well water for s&g to be sure ok.

My well water is super high in alkalinity. High enough to kill plants in containers in about 3 weeks.

I adjust down with vitamin C powder and that's after it goes thru a 4 stage RO filter.

I wood test your pH of your well water for s&g to be sure ok.

Hi Bob.

My first grow was hempy and phing the water was done a lot. At that point in time, our water was around 7.3.

My well water pH changes all the time. Goes up goes down. During the drought we had last year it went WAY up was like 10pH.

7.3pH is probably fine its a little high .... I'd be worried about it if I was running a soil-less medium.

The girls are looking better. They're greening up again. The next feeding is scheduled for next Thursday so if they continue to do well, I'll flip them to flower then and start using the GF Bloom.

Also, do photo plants show pre-flowers before their light schedule flips to flower? Here's a close-up:

Photo 6 - GSC2 - Pre-Flowers?.jpeg

If this isn't normal, it might be because our power went off for about 5 minutes the other day so maybe it messed up the lights? They're also stretching especially GSC2 and 4 and I thought that didn't happen until flip either.

Anyhow, here are the rest of the photos:

Photo 1 - 420 Info.jpg

GSC1 - 63 Days Old:

Photo 2 - GSC1.jpeg

Photo 3 - GSC1.jpeg

GSC2 - 64 Days' Old:

Photo 4 - GSC2.jpeg

Photo 5 - GSC2.jpeg

GSC3 - 64 Days' Old:

Photo 7 -  GSC3.jpeg

Photo 8 - GSC3.jpeg

GSC4 - 65 Days' Old:

Photo 9 -  GSC4.jpeg

Photo 10 - GSC4.jpeg

That's it. Let me know your thoughts and thanks for following along.

The plants are starting to green up so there's hope that they'll be all be ready to flip when you are!

I would tie flat the leaders on the GSC3 so they're level with the rest of the canopy.

Also, do photo plants show pre-flowers before their light schedule flips to flower?
They do. They are showing that they're female and have reached sexual maturity.
They're also stretching especially GSC2 and 4 and I thought that didn't happen until flip either.
They're probably stretching because they're starting to get all the nutrients they need!

I would tie flat the leaders on the GSC3 so they're level with the rest of the canopy.

Okay. Will do so tomorrow sometime.

They do. They are showing that they're female and have reached sexual maturity.

They're probably stretching because they're starting to get all the nutrients they need!

That's a relief. I was worried that something went wrong with the lighting. I actually installed a new digital timer in the tent today because I don't know how to use or read the ones that Felonious was using and I wanted to ensure it was set up properly.

They are looking great! Nice job so far. No biggie on the deficiencies a couple weeks ago. They look like they are turning around.

I was amending/ pre-charging my soil and top dressings to be on the safe side. It can be considered a waste of product but I don't feel like it is. I look at it like a buffer of sorts. Allowing a little extra in there IF the plant wants it. Good luck!

The girls are looking better. They're greening up again. The next feeding is scheduled for next Thursday so if they continue to do well, I'll flip them to flower then and start using the GF Bloom.

Also, do photo plants show pre-flowers before their light schedule flips to flower? Here's a close-up:

Photo 6 - GSC2 - Pre-Flowers?.jpeg

If this isn't normal, it might be because our power went off for about 5 minutes the other day so maybe it messed up the lights? They're also stretching especially GSC2 and 4 and I thought that didn't happen until flip either.

Anyhow, here are the rest of the photos:

Photo 1 - 420 Info.jpg

GSC1 - 63 Days Old:

Photo 2 - GSC1.jpeg

Photo 3 - GSC1.jpeg

GSC2 - 64 Days' Old:

Photo 4 - GSC2.jpeg

Photo 5 - GSC2.jpeg

GSC3 - 64 Days' Old:

Photo 7 -  GSC3.jpeg

Photo 8 - GSC3.jpeg

GSC4 - 65 Days' Old:

Photo 9 -  GSC4.jpeg

Photo 10 - GSC4.jpeg

That's it. Let me know your thoughts and thanks for following along.
Looking awesome @HashGirl ! They really look great. How much were you expecting to get off these girls?

Thanks, Chronic.

I honestly have no expectations. I got 80 grams off of each of the 2 GSCs I grew last year so that much again x4 would be great!

Looking much better now... pre-flowers happen sometimes more than others. They just telling you they want to get on with it.

A few minutes without light during the day wont hurt them.

Good afternoon.

I adjusted the LSTing on GSC3 (66 days' old) and 4 (67 days' old) this morning. Let me know what you think:

IMG_4083.jpeg

IMG_4084.jpeg

IMG_4085.jpeg

IMG_4087.jpeg

Other than adjusting the LSTing, is there anything else I should do with them before I flip next week?

Back
Top Bottom