420 Magazine's Official Girl Scout Cookies Comparative Grow By HashGirl

Good evening.

The GSCs haven't stopped stretching yet as they've all grown since the last time I took their heights (last Friday). And, they're all drinking lots, too. Here are the photos:

Photo 1 - 420 Info.jpg

GSC1 - Day 73 (+22):

Photo 2 - GSC1.jpeg

Photo 3 - GSC1.jpeg

Photo 4 - GSC1.jpeg

GSC2 - Day 74 (+22):

Photo 5 - GSC2.jpeg

Photo 6 - GSC2.jpeg

Photo 7 - GSC2.jpeg

To be continued...

Honestly, I'm not into this whole lighting talk either. I bought quality lights. I'm sure they're doing exactly what they're supposed to be doing. I just asked about it because GSC3 was getting so close to the light and I wasn't sure whether that was okay or not.
Good morning ladybird :)

OMG my lights are like me, high class and quality cheap and nasty.

Actually my Mars Hydro light is a little powerhouse and she hasn’t missed a beat. While she was cheap, she is anything but nasty.

I have this awful habit of not reading instructions. I literally just turned them on. I didn’t know they have power settings.

I have no idea what GSC3 even is! Sounds like a Star Wars character.

(this is an example of how much I love you Hashgirl. I wrote all that without one swear word)

GSC3 - Day 74 (+22):

Photo 8 - GSC3.jpeg

Photo 9 - GSC3.jpeg

Photo 8 - GSC3.jpeg

GSC4 - Day 75 (+22):

Photo 10 - GSC4.jpeg

Photo 11 -  GSC4.jpeg

Photo 12 - GSC4.jpeg

The lights went out when I was working on GSC4 so this group shot is with flash:

Photo 13 - Group Shot.jpeg

And, that's it. Thanks for following along.

Good morning ladybird :)

OMG my lights are like me, high class and quality cheap and nasty.

Actually my Mars Hydro light is a little powerhouse and she hasn’t missed a beat. While she was cheap, she is anything but nasty.

I have this awful habit of not reading instructions. I literally just turned them on. I didn’t know they have power settings.

I didn't actually get any instructions with our light but since we already owned 2 of them, I had my husband (Felonious Punk) set it up. I knew about the dimmer switch just because I'd seen it mentioned here on 420.
I have no idea what GSC3 even is! Sounds like a Star Wars character.

The name of the journal is:

Look at the strain name and I'm sure you can figure out what GSC stands for. ;)
(this is an example of how much I love you Hashgirl. I wrote all that without one swear word)

I appreciate that, Tra but you be you. I'm good with it.

And, for the other people reading along, I hope you won't report any of Trala's posts here when she swears as she's my friend and I want her to feel free to drop by and post what she likes.

:thanks:

Oh sweet mother of God! I am like STAGE 5 CRINGING! I thought it was light related.

I am so not the brightest star in the sky sometimes.

And oiiii it’s all good. I’m here, to learn, laugh and maybe make a friend or two. I am certainly not here to upset people over saying the F word. I have been specifically asked not to swear in comparative grows and I gonna try really ducking hard not to :D I can still be the crass me in non sponsored threads and PM’s and I think that’s more than fair.

If people want to report me for things they feel are against club rules, it’s their right. Quite frankly I think it’s got to a point where Teddy likes having me bent over his knee for a spanking, and truth be told I am starting to like it too ;) ;) ;)

LOLLLLLINGGGGG

Plants are looking great HG!
I just asked about it because GSC3 was getting so close to the light and I wasn't sure whether that was okay or not.
It's much easier to read your plants than fiddle with the meter. You plants will tell you if the light is too close regardless of how many lux they're getting.

Some plants are happy with 65K lux and some will droop and burn at the same number.

Well, it let me use it without the diffuser this morning.

Honestly, I'm not into this whole lighting talk either. I bought quality lights. I'm sure they're doing exactly what they're supposed to be doing. I just asked about it because GSC3 was getting so close to the light and I wasn't sure whether that was okay or not.
Is that a polite way of saying… your sorry you asked now @HashGirl :)

Is that a polite way of saying… your sorry you asked now @HashGirl :)

No, it's probably good info to know. At this point, I don't really care that much as my girls are looking very happy this morning without me knowing the actual light details.

GSC Girls - 15-Aug-21.jpg

I've been following @Brett Blaze's grow and even though he's growing gorgeous plants, his system seems far too fiddly for me since he appears to have to adjust his water flow a lot. I must admit my eyes kinda glaze over when I see all those numbers but that's totally on me. Brett is obviously growing the way he wants to and that's the way it should be. We're all different and that's why this comparative grow has been so interesting.

No, it's probably good info to know. At this point, I don't really care that much as my girls are looking very happy this morning without me knowing the actual light details.

I've been following @Brett Blaze's grow and even though he's growing gorgeous plants, his system seems far too fiddly for me since he appears to have to adjust "things" several times a day.
They look Ab Fab:)
Do you make a lot of hash?
im going to have a little go at some bubble hash.. may I ask how much you use of the crop for hash?

I've been following @Brett Blaze's grow and even though he's growing gorgeous plants, his system seems far too fiddly for me since he appears to have to adjust "things" several times a day.
The only thing I have adjusted is my water input which is every other day. My "fiddling" and "fussing" as you have now put it twice is my business. I happen to enjoy it. I have not touched my lights in weeks and by saying I adjust "things" several times a day is a false statement and misleading information. Please make sure you post accurate information.

They look Ab Fab:)
Do you make a lot of hash?
im going to have a little go at some bubble hash.. may I ask how much you use of the crop for hash?

I've actually never made hash. I want to learn but so far haven't. We bought a rosin press last year but I've only used it for getting all the oil out of the dope (which it's really good at). This winter, we'll maybe get to it.

I do love hash (as you can probably tell by my name) but have only bought it so far.

The only thing I have adjusted is my water input which is every other day. My "fiddling" and "fussing" as you have now put it twice is my business. I happen to enjoy it. I have not touched my lights in weeks and by saying I adjust "things" several times a day is a false statement and misleading information. Please make sure you post accurate information.

I'm sorry. I wasn't trying to negate what you're doing. I think your plants are gorgeous and you obviously know what you're doing. I'm just saying that there seems to be a lot of adjusting and that's not really my thing. It's why I haven't grown hempy again.

:sorry:

I've actually never made hash. I want to learn but so far haven't. We bought a rosin press last year but I've only used it for getting all the oil out of the dope (which it's really good at). This winter, we'll maybe get to it.

I do love hash (as you can probably tell by my name) but have only bought it so far.
Awwww.. Hashgirl.! Wtf:)

I'm sorry. I wasn't trying to negate what you're doing. I think your plants are gorgeous and you obviously know what you're doing. I'm just saying that there seems to be a lot of adjusting and that's not really my thing. It's why I haven't grown hempy again.

:sorry:
:peace:

I've been following @Brett Blaze's grow and even though he's growing gorgeous plants, his system seems far too fiddly for me since he appears to have to adjust his water flow a lot. I must admit my eyes kinda glaze over when I see all those numbers but that's totally on me. Brett is obviously growing the way he wants to and that's the way it should be. We're all different and that's why this comparative grow has been so interesting.
Hey @HashGirl, I hadn't seen this picture. This looks amazing. Don't worry about your light. You see how your leaves are all praying up to the light? That's a good thing. In my opinion it means you have the light dialed in right where you want it. They aren't praying up like the "thank you" icon we use, just enough. They're telling you they are happy with the light and where you have it. One person's opinion for what it's worth.

Your garden looks healthy. My cheaper lights don't have any adjustments and I don't have a meter. I concentrated more on my watering and nutrition than the light height. I need to work on that probably with my next (current) flower grow. I've harvested all of my GSC Comparative Grow girls (last one harvested yesterday). I have a lot of trimmings I've saved - need to learn how to make something with them.....

HashGirl, It’s so simple to make excellent hash from trim. Bag and freeze until you are ready. Get a 5 gallon bucket and a set of bubble hash bags and a bag of ice, I use 7-10 pounds. My bags included 5 screen sizes. I only use 3, the coarsest, middle and finest mesh. Put the bags in the bucket in the correct order…very important from personal experience. Fill about halfway up the bags in the bucket with cold water, dump in the frozen trim and about a third of the ice. Then stir vigorously 15 minutes, adding ice as needed. I then hand off for another 15 minute stir. Pull top bag and dump wet trim. Pull the next 2 bags slowly to let the wet trichomes settle into the center…most will be in the final 220 bag. I turn inside out holding the center of the bag containing the trichomes. I scrape with a spoon and dump into piles on the fine mesh mat they provide and lay that on a dishtowel. Let dry, ideally in the sun, watch for wind gusts. Once formable wah your hands, form into whatever shape and enjoy later the same day. Cheers

HashGirl, It’s so simple to make excellent hash from trim. Bag and freeze until you are ready. Get a 5 gallon bucket and a set of bubble hash bags and a bag of ice, I use 7-10 pounds. My bags included 5 screen sizes. I only use 3, the coarsest, middle and finest mesh. Put the bags in the bucket in the correct order…very important from personal experience. Fill about halfway up the bags in the bucket with cold water, dump in the frozen trim and about a third of the ice. Then stir vigorously 15 minutes, adding ice as needed. I then hand off for another 15 minute stir. Pull top bag and dump wet trim. Pull the next 2 bags slowly to let the wet trichomes settle into the center…most will be in the final 220 bag. I turn inside out holding the center of the bag containing the trichomes. I scrape with a spoon and dump into piles on the fine mesh mat they provide and lay that on a dishtowel. Let dry, ideally in the sun, watch for wind gusts. Once formable wah your hands, form into whatever shape and enjoy later the same day. Cheers
I'm seriously buying those bags now based on this convo! Thank you!!!

Back
Top Bottom