420 Magazine's Official Girl Scout Cookies Comparative Grow By HashGirl

Your garden looks healthy. My cheaper lights don't have any adjustments and I don't have a meter. I concentrated more on my watering and nutrition than the light height. I need to work on that probably with my next (current) flower grow. I've harvested all of my GSC Comparative Grow girls (last one harvested yesterday). I have a lot of trimmings I've saved - need to learn how to make something with them.....

If you need help learning how to make cannabis-infused oil or a topical, I can help as I know how to do both. If you want to make hash or other concentrates, this forum has a lot of good info.
Happy Sunday! Your plants look really happy! Can't wait to see how they keep stacking up.

Thanks, Modest and congrats on your MOTM nom! May the best member win! ;)

HashGirl, It’s so simple to make excellent hash from trim. Bag and freeze until you are ready. Get a 5 gallon bucket and a set of bubble hash bags and a bag of ice, I use 7-10 pounds. My bags included 5 screen sizes. I only use 3, the coarsest, middle and finest mesh. Put the bags in the bucket in the correct order…very important from personal experience. Fill about halfway up the bags in the bucket with cold water, dump in the frozen trim and about a third of the ice. Then stir vigorously 15 minutes, adding ice as needed. I then hand off for another 15 minute stir. Pull top bag and dump wet trim. Pull the next 2 bags slowly to let the wet trichomes settle into the center…most will be in the final 220 bag. I turn inside out holding the center of the bag containing the trichomes. I scrape with a spoon and dump into piles on the fine mesh mat they provide and lay that on a dishtowel. Let dry, ideally in the sun, watch for wind gusts. Once formable wah your hands, form into whatever shape and enjoy later the same day. Cheers

Thanks, cr8. We actually already have the bags but I've bookmarked your post for future reference.

HashGirl, It’s so simple to make excellent hash from trim. Bag and freeze until you are ready. Get a 5 gallon bucket and a set of bubble hash bags and a bag of ice, I use 7-10 pounds. My bags included 5 screen sizes. I only use 3, the coarsest, middle and finest mesh. Put the bags in the bucket in the correct order…very important from personal experience. Fill about halfway up the bags in the bucket with cold water, dump in the frozen trim and about a third of the ice. Then stir vigorously 15 minutes, adding ice as needed. I then hand off for another 15 minute stir. Pull top bag and dump wet trim. Pull the next 2 bags slowly to let the wet trichomes settle into the center…most will be in the final 220 bag. I turn inside out holding the center of the bag containing the trichomes. I scrape with a spoon and dump into piles on the fine mesh mat they provide and lay that on a dishtowel. Let dry, ideally in the sun, watch for wind gusts. Once formable wah your hands, form into whatever shape and enjoy later the same day. Cheers
@cr8grow - when you refer to trim is that the fan leaves and sugar leaves you have trimmed off the buds? Do you grind up the stems too? To you grind up the trim? I saw a video on YouTube where the guy used a drill with a paint mixer attachment to stir/agitate the trim in the ice. I want to try this. I used to smoke Hash when I lived in Canada in the early 80's - haven't had any since.

Has anybody seen the Fast Show uk?
….. I was thinking 4 1/4 oz.. of trim for my fist go
Hey @HashGirl .. how much hash do you think that will get me? :)

If you need help learning how to make cannabis-infused oil or a topical, I can help as I know how to do both. If you want to make hash or other concentrates, this forum has a lot of good info.

Thanks, Modest and congrats on your MOTM nom! May the best member win! ;)

Thanks, cr8. We actually already have the bags but I've bookmarked your post for future reference.
Thanks HashGirl - I'll look at that - I'd like to make a cannabis butter. Watched a video on how to do it - didn't look too hard but the guy used 2 oz of good bud to make it! Wondering how long it lasts once it's made?

Thanks HashGirl - I'll look at that - I'd like to make a cannabis butter. Watched a video on how to do it - didn't look too hard but the guy used 2 oz of good bud to make it! Wondering how long it lasts once it's made?
I made some canna-butter and using sugar leaves. Turned out pretty good. Anything less than the sugar leaves doesn't have enough THC to use.

Making cannabutter is pretty easy. How much bud to use and how long it lasts depends on your tolerance level. Personally, I need to use 40 grams of bud to 1 pound of butter to get the high I want but most people are much lower than that.

Plants are looking awesome HG!

I did want to correct this statement though so people don't get confused.
By the way, ppfd is the same as par. Do you have the par charts

PAR (Photosynthetically Active Radiation) is NOT a measurement or “metric” like feet, inches, or kilos.
Rather, it defines the type of light on spectrum of light where plants respond the best by photosynthesis. PAR looks typically at the wavelength range of 400nm to 700nm. This is the coloured wavy graph you see.

The Photosynthetic Photon Flux Density (PPFD) measures the light that actually arrives at the crop canopy in the Par zone.
The amount of light that actually reaches your plants within the PAR region or the number of photosynthetically active photons that fall on a given surface each second.
The PPFD is expressed in μmol/s.m². This is usually provided as a PPFD map.

So in simple terms PAR is the range of wavelengths your light will put out. PPFD is the density of those that will be hitting your canopy.

Both important but not the same thing.

Plants are looking awesome HG!

I did want to correct this statement though so people don't get confused.

PAR (Photosynthetically Active Radiation) is NOT a measurement or “metric” like feet, inches, or kilos.
Rather, it defines the type of light on spectrum of light where plants respond the best by photosynthesis. PAR looks typically at the wavelength range of 400nm to 700nm. This is the coloured wavy graph you see.

The Photosynthetic Photon Flux Density (PPFD) measures the light that actually arrives at the crop canopy in the Par zone.
The amount of light that actually reaches your plants within the PAR region or the number of photosynthetically active photons that fall on a given surface each second.
The PPFD is expressed in μmol/s.m². This is usually provided as a PPFD map.

So in simple terms PAR is the range of wavelengths your light will put out. PPFD is the density of those that will be hitting your canopy.

Both important but not the same thing.
I appreciate the education. I'm well aware of what you are saying and of course that's correct. But for purposes of the discussion and the point of using a free light meter app, specifically the one we are discussing, ppfd and par are the same screen, same numbers, same everything, and the charts that I refer to as "par" charts are actually ppfd charts. I know this. But for HG's purposes they are essentially the same when it comes to reading the app. That's all I was saying, I should have clarified.

I appreciate the education. I'm well aware of what you are saying and of course that's correct. But for purposes of the discussion and the point of using a free light meter app, specifically the one we are discussing, ppfd and par are the same screen, same numbers, same everything, and the charts that I refer to as "par" charts are actually ppfd charts. I know this. But for HG's purposes they are essentially the same when it comes to reading the app. That's all I was saying, I should have clarified.
No worries mate. Just wanted to make sure folk following along aren't getting the two terms confused.

No worries mate. Just wanted to make sure folk following along aren't getting the two terms confused.
I know you were, and you were absolutely correct to do so. I appreciate the head's up. I was focused on trying to make it easier for HG cuz it seemed like her head was already spinning from all the light talk, lol. I failed to see that in the process I may be confusing people. Please always call me out if I make that mistake again in your "presence." The last thing I ever want to do is provide erroneous or confusing information. I'm usually careful to qualify my statements with "this is just my opinion" or something, to avoid that sort of thing. So really, thanks. All good.

:thumb:

Hey HG. The GSC are looking great. Seems these plants like to stack.

Remember when you make the hash that it will look discussing at first. Just giving you a heads up ;)

Also, realise that I've shown you lots of pics of hash at various stages but never done a usable tutorial. I'll show you what I do with my trim on the next harvest. Here's what's left of my recent round....
IMG_20210818_092001.jpg

Mmm never made hash ?

Seems like @HashGirl ya journal picking up on all sorts of interesting content, ya grow is looking great :green_heart:

Not sure about a mention about ducking by some newbie.... I am fuzzy after all, gonna ruffle my feathers a little I don't think ducking is political correct :cough:

Hey hashgirl your plants r lookin great :thumb: also an easy way to check your lights to see if they to close to your light is put your hand over top of your bud and if the heat from the light burns your hand ,,u too close :rofl:
:ganjamon:

Good afternoon.

*** Weekly Update ***

It's been a week since my last update and I think the girls are done their stretch. Yesterday was top-feeding day and they all got 1/2 cup of @GeoFlora Nutrients Bloom. GSC3 is yellowing. I'm hoping it's because she was hungrier than the rest of them. She's the tallest so she may need sooner than the others. I will keep an eye on her. Here are some photos:

Photo 1 - 420 Info.jpg

GSC1 - Age 101 Days
Day 80 Veg
Day 29 Flower

Photo 2 - GSC1.jpeg

Photo 3 - GSC1.jpeg

Photo 4 - GSC1.jpeg

Photo 5 - GSC1.jpeg

GSC2 - Age 102 Days
Day 81 Veg
Day 29 Flower

Photo 6 - GSC2.jpeg

Photo 7 - GSC2.jpeg

Photo 8 - GSC2.jpeg

To be continued...

*** Weekly Update cont'd...***

GSC3 - Age 102 Days
Day 82 Veg
Day 29 Flower

Photo 9 - GSC3.jpeg

It might look awful down low ↓↓↓↓

Photo 10 - GSC3.jpeg

But, she still looks good up top: ↓↓↓↓
Photo 11 - GSC3.jpeg

Photo 12 - GSC3.jpeg

GSC4 - Age 103 Days
Day 83 Veg
Day 29 Flower

Photo 13 - GSC4.jpeg

Photo 14 - GSC4.jpeg

Photo 15 - GSC4.jpeg

Group Shot:

Photo 16 - Group Shot.jpeg

And, that's all. Thanks for following along. And, thanks again go to @Weed Seeds Express, @GeoFlora Nutrients, @DYNOMYCO and @420 for giving me the opportunity to try these seeds and products.

Back
Top Bottom