420 Magazine's Official Girl Scout Cookies Comparative Grow By HashGirl

Thanks, guys. I was looking at them this morning and I definitely have a couple of sativa leaners, which makes me happy as I much prefer sativas.

Good evening.

GSC3 and 4 both needed water today so the next top feeding was scheduled for Thursday but these 2 got 1/2 cup of GeoFlora Bloom each today. Part of me thinks this is a good idea as GSC3 is still really yellow. And, GSC4 has gotten kind of floppy so I've added some support for her. Here are some pics:

GSC3 - Age 112 Days
Day 91 Veg
Day 39 Flower

Photo 1 - GSC3.jpeg

Photo 2 - GSC3.jpeg

Photo 3 - GSC3.jpeg

@Emilya was showing us how she back builds her buds so I followed her example and took a little bit off the biggest cola on both the GSC3 and 4. Hopefully, I did it right.

Photo 4 - GSC3.jpeg

Photo 5 - GSC3.jpeg

GSC4 - Age 113 Days
Day 92 Veg
Day 39 Flower

Photo 6 - GSC4.jpeg

Photo 7 - GSC4.jpeg

Photo 8 - GSC4.jpeg

And, that's it for today. Thanks for following along.

Good afternoon.

The other 2 GSCs got their 1/2 cup Bloom feeding yesterday and both of these girls were floppy as well so I added some support to each of them. I was hoping the silica that I've been feeding them would prevent this but I guess not. I'd love to have tomato cages like Emilya's but I have yet to find anything similar here for an affordable price. Anyhow, here are the pics.

GSC1 - Age 113 Days
Day 92 Veg
Day 41 Flower

Photo 1a - GSC1.jpeg

Photo 2a - GSC1.jpeg

Photo 3a - GSC1.jpeg

Photo 4a - GSC1.jpeg

GSC2 - Age 114 Days
Day 93 Veg
Day 41 Flower

Photo 5 - GSC2.jpeg

Photo 6 - GSC2.jpeg

Photo 7 - GSC2.jpeg

Photo 8 -  GSC2.jpeg

And, that's all for today. Thanks for following along.

Good afternoon.

The other 2 GSCs got their 1/2 cup Bloom feeding yesterday and both of these girls were floppy as well so I added some support to each of them. I was hoping the silica that I've been feeding them would prevent this but I guess not. I'd love to have tomato cages like Emilya's but I have yet to find anything similar here for an affordable price. Anyhow, here are the pics.

GSC1 - Age 113 Days
Day 92 Veg
Day 41 Flower

Photo 1a - GSC1.jpeg

Photo 2a - GSC1.jpeg

Photo 3a - GSC1.jpeg

Photo 4a - GSC1.jpeg

GSC2 - Age 114 Days
Day 93 Veg
Day 41 Flower

Photo 5 - GSC2.jpeg

Photo 6 - GSC2.jpeg

Photo 7 - GSC2.jpeg

Photo 8 -  GSC2.jpeg

And, that's all for today. Thanks for following along.
Sweet!! Your buds are fattening up nicely!!! Starting to get some good frost too, good stuff. Like the socks too. Btw - if you're using silicon and not getting the results you are looking for you *might* want to try the 40% MSA stuff I'm using instead. I bet if you look on the packaging of what you're using it's 9% or less, correct? If this is at all interesting to you and you feel like talking a little about it but not clogging up your journal feel free to send me a conversation thingie.

Thanks, Jon but I think mine is good. This is what I'm using:

• GroTek Gro-Silic (Available Silicon (Si(OH)4) .......... 44.0%, Boron (B)(actual) .......... 0.009%, Molybdenum (Mo)(actual) .......... 0.0015%)

Thanks, Jon but I think mine is good. This is what I'm using:

• GroTek Gro-Silic (Available Silicon (Si(OH)4) .......... 44.0%, Boron (B)(actual) .......... 0.009%, Molybdenum (Mo)(actual) .......... 0.0015%)
WHOA. Hadn't seen that one. Cool! 44%! I assume you use a tiny bit per dose, yes? And thanks! I gotta check this stuff out!

WHOA. Hadn't seen that one. Cool! 44%! I assume you use a tiny bit per dose, yes? And thanks! I gotta check this stuff out!
Ok, checked it out. Almost precisely the same as what I use. Even uses almost the exact same concentrations. 4% higher, but it's made only and specifically for hydro. It's not going to work for me as well in soil. Thanks though. I'll stick with what I have. Appreciate the heads up a ton. LOVE to check out new products and anything that can improve my grow I'll check out.

but it's made only and specifically for hydro.
That's not how I read this:
"Grotek Gro-Silic™ is a concentrated liquid silicon supplement suitable for soilless and hydroponic systems. "

Suitable doesn't mean exclusively.

It also says this:
"Gro-Silic is very effective as a soil drench, but for fastest absorption apply as a foliar spray"

Which means it's fine in soil. Fastest absorption for anything will always be a foliar spray.

That's not how I read this:
"Grotek Gro-Silic™ is a concentrated liquid silicon supplement suitable for soilless and hydroponic systems. "

Suitable doesn't mean exclusively.

It also says this:
"Gro-Silic is very effective as a soil drench, but for fastest absorption apply as a foliar spray"

Which means it's fine in soil. Fastest absorption for anything will always be a foliar spray.
Understood, and I'm sure it would work fine, not saying it wouldn't or that there's anything wrong with it. Just that whether or not that's true I prefer to use a product specifically designed for soil vs. something specifically designed for hydro that will work in soil. Just me. Appreciate it.

Understood, and I'm sure it would work fine, not saying it wouldn't or that there's anything wrong with it. Just that whether or not that's true I prefer to use a product specifically designed for soil vs. something specifically designed for hydro that will work in soil. Just me. Appreciate it.
No problem Jon! Still disagree that this was specifically designed for hydro though.

What Si product are you using? There's no reason you can't mention it as long as you don't link to their website.

No problem Jon! Still disagree that this was specifically designed for hydro though.

What Si product are you using? There's no reason you can't mention it as long as you don't link to their website.
It's cool man that's how we learn. But this part of the "additional information" is what leads me to my conclusion:

Grotek Gro-Silic is a strong base and should never be added to nutrient concentrates. To avoid precipitation of nutrients, it is recommended to add Grotek Gro-Silic to nutrient tank and adjust pH to desired range prior to adding other nutrients. If adding to an existing nutrient solution, pre-dilute in a small amount of water. Check pH and adjust to 5.5 – 6.5 depending on crop requirement.

The additional information lists zero on soil. This is obviously hydro instructions.

I'm using GrowGenius. I have mentioned it it's just easier to say MSA. :laughtwo:

Back
Top Bottom