420 Magazine's Official Girl Scout Cookies Comparative Grow By HashGirl

Whether you're mixing nutes for soil or hydro, no concentrates should be added together, so that instruction would apply to the GrowGenius as well. Looks to be a UK product so the legal rules might be different over there.

All nutes should be added to the water, whether that's in a reservoir or just the bucket you use to mix your nutes.

Personally I'm using DutchPro MSA at the moment. What does the GrowGenius set you back and how much do you add per liter/gallon? Do you have a target ppm at different growth stages?

Whether you're mixing nutes for soil or hydro, no concentrates should be added together, so that instruction would apply to the GrowGenius as well. Looks to be a UK product so the legal rules might be different over there.

All nutes should be added to the water, whether that's in a reservoir or just the bucket you use to mix your nutes.

Personally I'm using DutchPro MSA at the moment. What does the GrowGenius set you back and how much do you add per liter/gallon? Do you have a target ppm at different growth stages?
Yup, understood. I give one drop per half gallon of water or two drops per gallon. I only give it once a week. I never give it on a nute feeding day, always on a clean water feeding. When I do it is the only thing in the water besides a bit of Ph Down to bring it to 6.3. I discard the unused portion immediately. The actual math when you do the conversion of their recommended feeding dosage actually comes out to 1.2-something drops per half gallon, but I have yet to figure out how to measure anything less than a drop. Lol. So I defer to a drop. The bottle it came in was $42 with shipping, it is smaller than a large Bic lighter and almost smaller top to bottom than a small Bic lighter. It came with a nice well labeled actual glass syringe with a nice black rubber hospital squeezer part instead of those cheap ass ones like the ones that come with the Ph Up and Down. Only thing is that it's set up for a 10 liter mix. I'll never use that much at once. So I converted to the amounts I normally use to water, either half or full gallons. And yes of course my nutes all get added with water, how else would one use them in soil? Thanks man. Appreciate the discussion on this, and @HashGirl is being super nice to not shut this down yet - thanks HG!! Hope we or someone learned something from this discussion.

Thanks for all the details Jon!

One last question if HG will indulge me. ;) What's the amount in the bottle? Trying to get an idea of cost/gallon. That's how I've been trying to figure out which MSA product to buy.
Super small bottle. 10 ml., or if you prefer, 0.33 fl. oz. There's a picture of it in the first couple pages of my journal somewhere.

Good evening.

GSC3 and 4 both needed water today so the next top feeding was scheduled for Thursday but these 2 got 1/2 cup of GeoFlora Bloom each today. Part of me thinks this is a good idea as GSC3 is still really yellow. And, GSC4 has gotten kind of floppy so I've added some support for her. Here are some pics:

GSC3 - Age 112 Days
Day 91 Veg
Day 39 Flower

Photo 1 - GSC3.jpeg

Photo 2 - GSC3.jpeg

Photo 3 - GSC3.jpeg

@Emilya was showing us how she back builds her buds so I followed her example and took a little bit off the biggest cola on both the GSC3 and 4. Hopefully, I did it right.

Photo 4 - GSC3.jpeg

Photo 5 - GSC3.jpeg

GSC4 - Age 113 Days
Day 92 Veg
Day 39 Flower

Photo 6 - GSC4.jpeg

Photo 7 - GSC4.jpeg

Photo 8 - GSC4.jpeg

And, that's it for today. Thanks for following along.
Looking great, HG!

Good to see you had something for the floppy plant. One of mine is just starting to wobble but unlike you, I'm not prepared lol.

Good luck with the back-building. It's something I've not done before and would like to try it. I'm worried though that cutting the top of my flowers would cause them to go mouldy as my humidity is still too high.

You getting any nice smells coming from yours yet? I love them.
:passitleft:

Good afternoon.

The other 2 GSCs got their 1/2 cup Bloom feeding yesterday and both of these girls were floppy as well so I added some support to each of them. I was hoping the silica that I've been feeding them would prevent this but I guess not. I'd love to have tomato cages like Emilya's but I have yet to find anything similar here for an affordable price. Anyhow, here are the pics.

GSC1 - Age 113 Days
Day 92 Veg
Day 41 Flower

Photo 1a - GSC1.jpeg

Photo 2a - GSC1.jpeg

Photo 3a - GSC1.jpeg

Photo 4a - GSC1.jpeg

GSC2 - Age 114 Days
Day 93 Veg
Day 41 Flower

Photo 5 - GSC2.jpeg

Photo 6 - GSC2.jpeg

Photo 7 - GSC2.jpeg

Photo 8 -  GSC2.jpeg

And, that's all for today. Thanks for following along.
Those are stacking up nicely HG! Frosting up sweet too! Nice work.

Looking great, HG!

Good to see you had something for the floppy plant. One of mine is just starting to wobble but unlike you, I'm not prepared lol.

Good luck with the back-building. It's something I've not done before and would like to try it. I'm worried though that cutting the top of my flowers would cause them to go mouldy as my humidity is still too high.

You getting any nice smells coming from yours yet? I love them.
:passitleft:

I keep reading everyone's reports of the tastes and smells of their GSCs and all I get is musty. I'm thinking the smells and tastes are probably subtle like with wine.

We were at a winery once, Felonious and me, and I don't drink alcohol as a rule of thumb but I also don't particularly like wine.

So, anyways, the waitress kept bringing out wines saying this one tastes like chocolate and this one tastes like cherries and this one tastes smoky, etc. and I kept saying, nope, just tastes like wine to me. :laughtwo:

The smell is no longer rank, now skunk, pine and chlorophyll/soy sauce background.

Most all smell like dank soil with a little cat piss in there for effect. lol

2 of the plants had a slight berry smell.

When I handle the bud it is very berry/citrus smelling.

Well mine smell like parking lot diapers late summer…plus a refreshing bit of pine. Kind of like a pine taxi air freshener in an event outhouse.
Playing with the pistols energizes a very sweet but very fruity smell that makes you want to take a huge bite off the branch, it smells like a cross between a very ripe orange and I can’t pinpoint the other smell quite yet but I know I want to try it sooooo bad!!
But hey I love opening the tent smelling the heavenly chocolate aroma with hints of earth, woody in the late flowering in the veg stage & early flowering hints of fruit 'n' spice where noted.
Whilst in veg or early I found notes of fruits, chocolate 'n' spice later on in veg it kind of matured to chocolate, earth, wood with hints of fruit.

Flowering mainly suggested chocolate, earth, wood... I did have rare experience of the mint expression in GSC which I'm sure over the last several years I saw an expression of this phenotype as seed with another breeder.
Chocolate, earth, fruit & I think i got a hint of mint on one of them... they are going to get individual mason jars for sure

The smell of yours may become more pronounced as it cures. The one I have going still reminds me of how the cereal fruity pebbles smells but the one I harvested dried a bit fast and had a slight grassy smell. Anyway, the cure is helping the smell improve and when you break them open the smell is obviously more what I was looking for and pronounced. Now, I want to go check on the buds curing.

Sorry for multiple posts just went out and sniffed some nugs. I could see the smell being described as musty. My main focus on the next harvest is slow dry with low temps and humidity dialed in. I'm hoping washing the buds first will help slow the dry down as well.

Anyway, I think the musty smell if dried and cured properly likely ends up earthy with hints of chocolate? Just speculation on my part. The other strain (edit phenotype) I have is much more fruity and no earthy notes

Did someone say Wine? I love wine!!

The only wine I like is Yellow Tail Shiraz. I usually have 2 glasses of it at Christmas. :battingeyelashes:

I keep reading everyone's reports of the tastes and smells of their GSCs and all I get is musty. I'm thinking the smells and tastes are probably subtle like with wine.

We were at a winery once, Felonious and me, and I don't drink alcohol as a rule of thumb but I also don't particularly like wine.

So, anyways, the waitress kept bringing out wines saying this one tastes like chocolate and this one tastes like cherries and this one tastes smoky, etc. and I kept saying, nope, just tastes like wine to me. :laughtwo:

I total agree with the musky smell I quite like it :thumb:

How ever I'm not a tobacco smoker with the herb as that my hinder in smell & taste a little :Namaste:

I gave up the devils lettuce aka tobacco in March 2017 I personal found vaping cannabis helped me achieve this mile stone mark in my life :green_heart:

After a few years later taste & smell has returned.

I must admit GSC has a reasonable complex terpene profile to deal with & I'm purely putting this down to different phenotypes which this strain may express.

But some of these expression in flavour or taste are not in total end product but experienced through out the entire grow to finished goal.

How ever I'm not a tobacco smoker with the herb as that my hinder in smell & taste a little :Namaste:

I gave up the devils lettuce aka tobacco in March 2017 I personal found vaping cannabis helped me achieve this mile stone mark in my life :green_heart:

I must admit GSC has a reasonable complex terpene profile to deal with & I'm purely putting this down to different phenotypes which this strain may express.

But some of these expression in flavour or taste are not in total end product but experienced through out the entire grow to finished goal.

Thanks, Fuzzy. Congrats on quitting smoking cigarettes. I'm not a cigarette smoker either. I quit in 1988. :battingeyelashes:

Maybe I'm just not trying hard enough to decipher the smells. Or maybe, it's because I am frequently stuffed up due to allergies. I don't know. :hmmmm:

The devils lettuce! Omg that has proper tickled me!

:laughtwo: :laughtwo: :laughtwo:

Cheers :green_heart:

I guess at the end of the day growing cannabis or our favourite herb :thumb:

Has its learning curve, by trade I'm a gardener with some experience what field of expertise I do not know but this growing experience is off interest.

HashGirl…my questionable odors throughout the grow stabilized as expected. Initial slow dry the terpenes completely overpower the chlorophyll hay…these buds are smokeable upfront with no cure, as soon as dry. My big jar cure will take down to 62% RH before breaking down for long term cure and storage. Smells are a bit different for each pheno, but all have fruit, some citrus and some berries. There is skunk, pine and cedar herbs. And some diesel on one. That’s why I store all phenos separately…I figure out the medicinal benefits and experience for each and pull 1/2 oz jars from the stash as needed. Amazingly the trim bag for hash, estimate about 2 ozs smells exactly like blueberry muffins…unbelievable no chlorophyll/hay/soy sauce hint whatsoever. This might be my stickiest best grow ever. I only get the musty smell from indica forward kush. Cheers

HashGirl…my questionable odors throughout the grow stabilized as expected. Initial slow dry the terpenes completely overpower the chlorophyll hay…these buds are smokeable upfront with no cure, as soon as dry. My big jar cure will take down to 62% RH before breaking down for long term cure and storage. Smells are a bit different for each pheno, but all have fruit, some citrus and some berries. There is skunk, pine and cedar herbs. And some diesel on one. That’s why I store all phenos separately…I figure out the medicinal benefits and experience for each and pull 1/2 oz jars from the stash as needed. Amazingly the trim bag for hash, estimate about 2 ozs smells exactly like blueberry muffins…unbelievable no chlorophyll/hay/soy sauce hint whatsoever. This might be my stickiest best grow ever. I only get the musty smell from indica forward kush. Cheers
That was a drool worthy read right there!

Sorry for multiple posts just went out and sniffed some nugs. I could see the smell being described as musty. My main focus on the next harvest is slow dry with low temps and humidity dialed in. I'm hoping washing the buds first will help slow the dry down as well.

Anyway, I think the musty smell if dried and cured properly likely ends up earthy with hints of chocolate? Just speculation on my part. The other strain (edit phenotype) I have is much more fruity and no earthy notes
I have found that the easiest way to make my weed not smell as much as it should or would have is to dry it too quickly. I've screwed the pooch on that once or twice. You're right on - dry it slow with low temps and humidity. The smell will maybe improve with curing. Some do anyway when I have dried too fast. Just my two cents.

I have found that the easiest way to make my weed not smell as much as it should or would have is to dry it too quickly. I've screwed the pooch on that once or twice. You're right on - dry it slow with low temps and humidity. The smell will maybe improve with curing. Some do anyway when I have dried too fast. Just my two cents.
Yeah, I agree with you. I lost so much of the aromas. I definitely dried what I was able to harvest last year too quickly. I also think I did not water my plants appropriately and the terpene profiles suffered greatly. I was not pleased with most of what I grew but it did improve...slightly...during the cure. It's likely destined for some infusion at this point. It just sits in jars now being looked at with shame and disgust. Haaa haaa.

Back
Top Bottom