420 Magazine's Official Girl Scout Cookies Comparative Grow By HashGirl

I watered GSC3 yesterday. She's so floppy and yellow and even though we're in Week 7 of flower, I have doubts they will be ready in the next couple of weeks. The colas aren't very substantial, in my opinion. They're due for a top feed this week and I think I will definitely feed at least the really yellowing ones. GeoFlora says to stop feeding 2 weeks before harvest but I think we probably have another month to go. It's Day 52 of flower. If anyone thinks differently, please let me know.

Anyhow, here are the pics:

GSC3 - Age 125 Days
Day 53 Veg
Day 52 Flower

Photo 1 - GSC3.jpeg

Photo 2 - GSC3.jpeg

Photo 3 - GSC3.jpeg

Photo 4 - GSC3.jpeg

Photo 5 - GSC3.jpeg

Definitely looks underfed to me. Remember, GF now recommends increasing the frequency and/or feeding more than the standard dose when the plant looks like it wants more. I'd say that applies here for sure!
For what it's worth I totally agree with Shed. As far as time left, to my eye, these buds have at least two weeks yet, maybe three. You have brand new long white hairs popping out everywhere still. In my opinion you have time yet to fix any issues you think you have, and if underfeeding is the issue, again just my opinion, it looks to me like you have plenty of time left to fix it and benefit from the fix. Especially if it's as simple as just giving them more. You're only in the mid 50s of flower, right? Flowering time for GSC on every single place I just checked (four articles) is listed as 9-10 weeks, ie, 63-70 days, and in (again) just my experience, those numbers are almost always low. Looking at the buds you showed and with my limited knowledge, my two cents is that you should be thinking in the 80 days total range. BUT - the best part of my or any opinion on this is that you can easily determine it for yourself with a trichome check. As you probably know!!!Lol. So there's my two cents. Good luck and get it done, you can do this.

Definitely looks underfed to me. Remember, GF now recommends increasing the frequency and/or feeding more than the standard dose when the plant looks like it wants more. I'd say that applies here for sure!

Thanks, Shed. I'll have to go back to that thread to refresh my memory.

For what it's worth I totally agree with Shed. As far as time left, to my eye, these buds have at least two weeks yet, maybe three. You have brand new long white hairs popping out everywhere still. In my opinion you have time yet to fix any issues you think you have, and if underfeeding is the issue, again just my opinion, it looks to me like you have plenty of time left to fix it and benefit from the fix. Especially if it's as simple as just giving them more. You're only in the mid 50s of flower, right? Flowering time for GSC on every single place I just checked (four articles) is listed as 9-10 weeks, ie, 63-70 days, and in (again) just my experience, those numbers are almost always low. Looking at the buds you showed and with my limited knowledge, my two cents is that you should be thinking in the 80 days total range. BUT - the best part of my or any opinion on this is that you can easily determine it for yourself with a trichome check. As you probably know!!!Lol. So there's my two cents. Good luck and get it done, you can do this.

The average number of flowering days of the other GSC growers who have finished is 57 days. @Emilya 's are just ahead of mine. We had approximately the same number of veg days and we're only a few days out on flowering and she's talking about harvesting hers in 2 weeks. But, she's in LOS so maybe that makes a difference? :hmmmm:

I actually think all 4 of my GSC are sativa-leaners so that's why I think they have a month to go still. I'll take a group shot tomorrow and you can let me know what you think.

Allow me:
It really depends on the plant and how hungry it is. We recommend starting with the feed chart directions by pot size, but if the plant shows some deficiencies when it gets bigger, you can always throw more Geoflora on at the two week interval or feed a bit more frequently, since you don't have to worry about nutrient burn with our product. Good rule of thumb is to always listen to what your plant needs first and foremost rather than following feed charts to the letter.

The average number of flowering days of the other GSC growers who have finished is 57 days. @Emilya 's are just ahead of mine. We had approximately the same number of veg days and we're only a few days out on flowering and she's talking about harvesting hers in 2 weeks. But, she's in LOS so maybe that makes a difference? :hmmmm:

I actually think all 4 of my GSC are sativa-leaners so that's why I think they have a month to go still. I'll take a group shot tomorrow and you can let me know what you think.
I am not in LOS. I am in reused Fox Farm Ocean Forest and Happy Frog with a little bit of supersoil in the bottoms of the first two transplants, but not my final containers... they were simply filled with Ocean Forest.

Check out what a couple of my plants are doing in today's update... basically the same thing yours are doing. They are starting to steal their final nutrients from the upper leaves, and I see signs of potassium and phosphorus being moved around the plant here at the end. This by the way is despite the fact that on the last feeding I gave extra to these plants... same difference.

I am thinking that most of mine are going to finish out in 57 days... maybe a few of them will go to 63, but I certainly don't expect it to take 10 weeks or I would have fed again. Feeding day was right at the 7 week point, and I decided not to feed again. This bit of leaf damage in the last week of the grow does not scare me in the least. Please also note that not all of my plants are doing this, only the biggest and those closest to the light.

DSCF9989.JPG

I think Shed said it best...have more faith in yourself. That was a great response! Thanks for the insight. It is interesting though that HG has drastically different data points from the harvests from this grow. I'll being a trichome check in a little bit.
Allow me:
Haaa haaaa. You should amaze yourself. Seriously...go look in a mirror and say, "Shed dammit...you are an amazing stoner!"

How the hell do you pull those links and memories our of your rear-end so quickly and efficiently?! Haaaa

I am not in LOS. I am in reused Fox Farm Ocean Forest and Happy Frog with a little bit of supersoil in the bottoms of the first two transplants, but not my final containers... they were simply filled with Ocean Forest.

Check out what a couple of my plants are doing in today's update... basically the same thing yours are doing. They are starting to steal their final nutrients from the upper leaves, and I see signs of potassium and phosphorus being moved around the plant here at the end. This by the way is despite the fact that on the last feeding I gave extra to these plants... same difference.

I am thinking that most of mine are going to finish out in 57 days... maybe a few of them will go to 63, but I certainly don't expect it to take 10 weeks or I would have fed again. Feeding day was right at the 7 week point, and I decided not to feed again. This bit of leaf damage in the last week of the grow does not scare me in the least. Please also note that not all of my plants are doing this, only the biggest and those closest to the light.

DSCF9989.JPG
I'm giving them the Roger Rabbit eyes! :love: AoooGA!

Have a bit more faith in yourself young man! :high-five:
Lol. Methinks thou hast misinterpreted me, my young harlequin friend.........I have plenty of faith in myself. Trust me on that. I just tend to overerr on the side of caution when it comes to making it clear the difference between when i say something publicly that is FACT vs. my OPINION. A mutual friend of ours called me out, correctly, on it one day, because he said I expressed an opinion in a way that made it seem like fact, and that sometimes younger growers are reading journals to learn, and even if I didn't mean it that way, it would perhaps be helpful to make note if I'm saying something on the line. When I talk to people like you and HG, you guys are way more experienced than me, and yeah, I do tend to maybe go too far there. But regardless, it is not a function of my faith in myself. There! A piece of me for you. Don't celebrate too hard.

:laughtwo::laughtwo::laughtwo::laughtwo::laughtwo::laughtwo::laughtwo::laughtwo:

Hmm... well it seems to me (and not once am I gonna say "just my opinion") that you have two things going on on the top buds here. You have a bunch of hairs that have turned dark and are "part" of the bud now - they make it look pretty mature, Then you have white, thick, long hairs that most definitely mean more time than a few days. If these were my plants I would be wondering if I burned the top buds a bit with light, thus the dark hairs on yours aren't really mature hairs, they're more like damaged hairs that are now collapsed, thus making the bud look more mature than it is. I would check your light distance to the top of the buds and see if your leaves pray to any extent, at least the day after you water if not more often. If your leaves never pray, you may be too close to the light. That would also explain the formation of some of your buds that you seem to think aren't as dense as you'd like. I can see that in the pics too. My current experience in this is with the Chunky auto. I had her too close to the light. She started to singe. I posted a pic in the journal somewhere on some day when I moved her down. The ends of my white hairs looked brown. Just a touch. But I also know from earlier grows that if that is not corrected, over the course of maybe a week or ten days or two weeks, if the light is close enough to burn, it will eventually look like your dark hairs. So this may be the source here along with what Shed said about feeding in combination. Because those long white hairs don't happen at the very end of budding. And you have lots. But if the light is too close, it will also slow or stall your growth, especially in bud. I cost Chunky probably a week of budding and I am regretting it now. You can see the sour apple and the chunkadelic in my grow, and both started the same day. There's almost zero frost on the Chunky. TONS on the Sour Apple. Soil choices aside, there's no pot on earth that should not be showing me frost at this point in budding with the life this plant has led. And she doesn't. MY FAULT. Ugh. I'm hoping she gets revved up a bit in that department now that I corrected the issue.

If your GSC phenos were more sativa, yes, that would perfectly explain why they might take longer to bud. I don't know that using others bud times in a comparative grow is the best guide only because you all aren't all growing clones of the same plant. Each pheno will be different, and as you note, the sativa ones could take longer. All that sort of guessing is why I always go by the trichomes. Emilya says the trichomes don't lie. My experience is that when I can separate myself from all other noise in my head or externally about when to harvest and just go strictly and only by when the trichs look as I want in terms of amber, I do fairly well.

way, it would perhaps be helpful to make note if I'm saying something on the line. When I talk to people like you and HG, you guys are way more experienced than me, and yeah, I do tend to maybe go too far there. But regardless, it is not a function of my faith in myself. There! A piece of me for you. Don't celebrate too hard.

:laughtwo::laughtwo::laughtwo::laughtwo::laughtwo::laughtwo::laughtwo::laughtwo:

I doubt I have more experience than you, Jon. I've only been growing since last year.

I doubt I have more experience than you, Jon. I've only been growing since last year.
Wow, sure seems like longer looking at your work. Cool, we're about the same age, lol. Maybe we will become masters at the same time too. How 'bout now?

Wow, sure seems like longer looking at your work. Cool, we're about the same age, lol. Maybe we will become masters at the same time too. How 'bout now?

We actually share a birthday. I'm on May 12th, too. How cool is that? :love:

I fed GSC2 and 4 today. I gave them each 3/4 cup of GeoFlora Bloom and had to do more staking of colas as they're very floppy. I seriously want to get some of those build your own tomato cages that Emilya uses. And, I took some trichome pics for both, too. Anyhow, here are the pics:

GSC2 - Age 126 Days
Day 53 Veg
Day 53 Flower

Photo 1 - GSC2.jpeg

Photo 2 - GSC2.jpeg

Photo 3 - GSC2.jpeg

Photo 4 - GSC2.jpeg

GSC4 - Age 127 Days
Day 53 Veg
Day 53 Flower

Photo 5 - GSC4.jpeg

Photo 6 - GSC4.jpeg

Photo 9 - GSC4.jpeg

Photo 10 - GSC4.jpeg

And, here is the group shot I promised I would take today for you:

Group Shot - Flower Day 53.jpeg

And, that's it. Thanks for following along.

Back
Top Bottom