420 Magazine's Official Girl Scout Cookies Comparative Grow By HashGirl

I have identified at least three phenotypes in my 11 plant GSC grow, each with different types of buds. At least a third of my plants did not have rock solid nugs, but they were dense trichome filled sativa type buds (and are drying down to very tight hard nugs) while another pheno had round golf ball sized indica type hard nugs while still on the vine and another stretched it out a bit and gave us a hard to trim very dense more elongated and complicated bud, not quite as rock hard as some of the others, but more dense. Not all buds are going to be the same, even within the same variety.
I appreciate your attention to detail and explanations. Helps me visual and "see" for my learning. I was not able to distinguish pheno types during Veg in the tent. They seemed to be similar in most regards but the flowering stage has shown me a couple different phenos. At least I think they're different. LOL

I appreciate your attention to detail and explanations. Helps me visual and "see" for my learning. I was not able to distinguish pheno types during Veg in the tent. They seemed to be similar in most regards but the flowering stage has shown me a couple different phenos. At least I think they're different. LOL
I Tawt I Taw A Putty Tat.

NTH

All 4 girls have been chopped down and are now hanging to dry. I don't seem to have a photo of GSC1 pre-chop but I have the other ones. They're a lot wispier than I'm used to but the trichomes were showing amber so I chopped all of them down.

GSC2 - Age 137 Days
Day 52 Veg
Day 64 Flower

GSC2.jpeg

GSC3 - Age 137 Days
Day 52 Veg
Day 64 Flower

GSC3.jpeg

GSC4 - Age 138 Days
Day 53 Veg
Day 64 Flower

GSC4.jpeg

Group Shot Post-Chop:

Group Photo.jpeg

And, that's it for now. Once they're dry, I will trim and weigh and update this journal.
Those look nice and thick! Can't wait to see how much that weighs out to be.

I have identified at least three phenotypes in my 11 plant GSC grow, each with different types of buds. At least a third of my plants did not have rock solid nugs, but they were dense trichome filled sativa type buds (and are drying down to very tight hard nugs) while another pheno had round golf ball sized indica type hard nugs while still on the vine and another stretched it out a bit and gave us a hard to trim very dense more elongated and complicated bud, not quite as rock hard as some of the others, but more dense. Not all buds are going to be the same, even within the same variety.
Interesting!

One of ours that is flowering (GSC 4- Week 9 today) is how you described the last phenotype- dense and chunky. It's doing this weird stretching up top on the main cola, while thickening in. I would also describe our recently harvested GSC 3 as dense and chunky too, with elongated flowers. Both of them were topped though.

It is going to be a treat to chop.....

All 4 girls have been chopped down and are now hanging to dry. I don't seem to have a photo of GSC1 pre-chop but I have the other ones. They're a lot wispier than I'm used to but the trichomes were showing amber so I chopped all of them down.

GSC2 - Age 137 Days
Day 52 Veg
Day 64 Flower

GSC2.jpeg

GSC3 - Age 137 Days
Day 52 Veg
Day 64 Flower

GSC3.jpeg

GSC4 - Age 138 Days
Day 53 Veg
Day 64 Flower

GSC4.jpeg

Group Shot Post-Chop:

Group Photo.jpeg

And, that's it for now. Once they're dry, I will trim and weigh and update this journal.
Who plays the guitars?

Thanks, guys. I just don't know. I have GF left and it looks like I'll likely win more for the MOTM contest so my intention is to try it again but for the outside girls rather than the inside girls.

Also, on an aside note, I usually re-use my ProMix. Do you think it would be okay to do this with the GeoFlora that's mixed in?
HashGirl, I’m sold on organic soil mostly hands off gardening. I nurture four plants each grow and go days withoutc checking in. I water/feed about every 4 to 5 days. Most time is upfront on LST to create the canopy. Cheers

Good afternoon.

The time has come to close this journal. I am thankful that I got to be a part of this comparative grow. It was pretty awesome to be able to follow along with people who are growing the exact same seeds with the same nutes and medium at the same time. It was nice getting support from other growers and it was nice helping the other growers, too. I feel like we have really done a good job helping each other out.

:bravo: GSC Comparative Growers!

I also want to thank Rob/ @420 for coming up with this idea. It has been an interesting experiment. If I had one suggestion, it would be that it would be easier to keep on top of 20 to 30 grow journals at one time rather than 40. I know that some people really struggled to keep up with everyone. Personally, I didn't since I'm retired.

:thanks: @Weed Seeds Express for the seeds, which had a 100% germination rate, which was great!

:thanks: @DYNOMYCO and @GeoFlora Nutrients for allowing me to test your products. I really liked their ease of use and am planning on using these products for next year's outside grow.

And, finally :thanks: to all the 420 members who followed along and helped and supported where needed. I couldn't have done this without your friendship and support.

So, does anyone want to see some pics? I'm going to post one post per plant. Here we go:

GSC1:

Photo 1 - GSC1 - Results.jpg

Photo 2 - GSC1.jpeg

Photo 3 - GSC1.jpeg

Photo 4 - GSC1.jpeg

GSC3:

Photo 7a - GSC3.jpg

I had a lot of branches like this one on GSC3. I was pleasantly surprised to get 87 grams from her.

Photo 7 - GSC3.jpeg

Photo 8 - GSC3.jpeg

Photo 9 - GSC3.jpeg

GSC4:

Photo 10a - GSC4.jpg

Photo 10 - GSC4.jpeg

Photo 11 - GSC4.jpeg

All told, I got 324 grams or about 11.5 ounces. Not bad considering I didn't pay for anything other than the jars.
THANK YOU!!!

I also want to thank Rob/ @420 for coming up with this idea. It has been an interesting experiment. If I had one suggestion, it would be that it would be easier to keep on top of 20 to 30 grow journals at one time rather than 40. I know that some people really struggled to keep up with everyone. Personally, I didn't since I'm retired.

I think it will be clear to see who we should invite to the next comparative grow, by who followed the guidelines we set for this one. That should limit the number right off the bat, however there are more new passionate growers who have joined us since then, we shall see once all of the results are in.

Congrats @HashGirl on an awesome journal and harvest! We were all definitely blessed to have you popping in and out through I think everyone's journal. So thank you for your encouragement and wisdom personally. I'm not quite done yet on mine so I may still be needing some watchful eyes. I love your attention to detail of recording. I need to step up my game for sure! Haaa haaa. Thanks a lot for adding on more pressure...

:passitleft:

Awesome grand finally! I love the jarred look now! You'll be enjoying that while you have a next run! Which is what? Enjoy! Loved hanging out!

Thanks, Stone. Did I not tag you for my new journal? Here's the link:

HashGirl's 2021/2022 Grow: Blue Dream, Gelato, Purple Kush, Pineapple Express & Northern Lights In ProMix

Although, it's looking like the Purple Kushes are all duds so I'm thinking about replacing them with Clementine, which has a terpene profile I think might work well for me.

Back
Top Bottom