420 Magazine's Official Girl Scout Cookies Comparative Grow By Joshualuck

Do you have other plants growing close by that could have cross pollinated it?

All it takes is one microscopic spec of pollen from another plant on your shoe, pants, shirt, glove, etc.
No I have all others away from each other

Wait - how does a feminized plant turn male from being pollinated? :hmmmm:

That's a male or a very strong hermaphrodite. You are correct that pollinating a plant won't turn it male.

Wait - how does a feminized plant turn male from being pollinated? :hmmmm:
I think he meant that one of what he thought was a feminized seed was actually a regular seed that grew out as a male.

I'm watching too many threads and in one of the others someone got seeds in his buds which is what I thought I was responding to. Sorry for the confusion. "Nothing to see here, move along, move along..."

:sorry:

So to try an clear everything up. I planted six Girl Scout cookies from weed seeds Express and one of them turned out to be a male. I didn't really pay too much attention to the flower parts so that's my fault I've been minor checking and I should have been major checking but I believe only one pollen sac opened and I've only have three plants that's got pistols that can take the pollen in. So I hopefully it only touched the plants around her. Thank you all so much for giving me your thoughts about this situation.
20210421_220353.jpg
as you can see they say fem. However I know there is no guarantee on anything. Thank you all.

Signed
Joshua Smith

Wow, well you seemed to have caught it fairly early enough with only one opened. Cool you got to grab some pollen from a vigorous grower. Good reminder to keep an eye out. The ladies, that are ladies, are looking stellar!

Wow, well you seemed to have caught it fairly early enough with only one opened. Cool you got to grab some pollen from a vigorous grower. Good reminder to keep an eye out. The ladies, that are ladies, are looking stellar!
As you can see from above. In the pack in my hand says fem 5+1. Well I think the plus one got me. Lol shh well thanks for stopping in. :passitleft:

@420 @Weed Seeds Express @GeoFlora Nutrients @Mars Hydro

The little girl Scout Cookies are doing well. Well the five I have left are growing nicely. I've added a few pictures this morning to show what I'm looking at. Their around 50 days old today.

Rt: 78°F
RH: 50%

20210611_053100.jpg
20210611_053106.jpg

53 days on my Girl Scout Cookies they are not all acting the same. It seems that some are slower than others. They are still very strong and sturdy. No pest or any other stressor that I can see. This is the beginning of the third week of the 12/12 light schedule. Looking good y'all.
Here is the girl I let just grow out with out bending here any way

20210614_052542.jpg

20210614_052533.jpg
you can see that even know they are all the same genetics and all are the same age they are still not at the same stage as the others or as far as advanced as some.
20210614_052509.jpg
these little ladys were bent and twisted and it seems that they are just behind some of their sisters.

53 days on my Girl Scout Cookies they are not all acting the same. It seems that some are slower than others. They are still very strong and sturdy. No pest or any other stressor that I can see. This is the beginning of the third week of the 12/12 light schedule. Looking good y'all.
Here is the girl I let just grow out with out bending here any way

20210614_052542.jpg

20210614_052533.jpg
you can see that even know they are all the same genetics and all are the same age they are still not at the same stage as the others or as far as advanced as some.
20210614_052509.jpg
these little ladys were bent and twisted and it seems that they are just behind some of their sisters.
Looking great Joshua! :thumb:

Well one of my little Girl Scout Cookies was actually a Boy Scout Cookies Eater. Lol. I hope I didn't catch him to late. He may of made his rounds with my girls. Oh boy :rofl: what else can I do?? They are all around 45 days old.
20210609_181317.jpg
20210609_181311.jpg
20210609_181302.jpg
20210609_181253.jpg
20210609_181249.jpg
20210609_181117.jpg
20210609_181114.jpg
20210609_181102.jpg
20210609_181059.jpg
20210609_181047.jpg
That's really unfortunate mate! Did the plant endure more stress than the others? Is there an outdoor light for example that could have stressed it out? Or was the seed not properly feminized? :confused:

That's really unfortunate mate! Did the plant endure more stress than the others? Is there an outdoor light for example that could have stressed it out? Or was the seed not properly feminized? :confused:
All the seeds that came out of the pack were feminized seeds the pack said. There is no outside light that can creep in I think I just got a male seed that slipped through somehow someway. For the plant that turned out to be male was one of the little ladies I let just go just let grow out no training whatsoever. As far as the seed not being properly feminized I have no clue about that I just know that the seed that I planted turned out to be a male.

All the seeds that came out of the pack were feminized seeds the pack said. There is no outside light that can creep in I think I just got a male seed that slipped through somehow someway. For the plant that turned out to be male was one of the little ladies I let just go just let grow out no training whatsoever. As far as the seed not being properly feminized I have no clue about that I just know that the seed that I planted turned out to be a male.
Thanks mate! It's unfortunate, it can sometimes happen (really rare though). In those kinds of cases, we're always more than happy to provide a proper solution (send a replacement, for example). :green_heart:

Thanks mate! It's unfortunate, it can sometimes happen (really rare though). In those kinds of cases, we're always more than happy to provide a proper solution (send a replacement, for example). :green_heart:
Thank you so much! It means the world. However I was just testing these for the comparative growth. I've had it happen one other time. But I enjoy this and I know this is going to happen here and there so as far as a replacement goes I don't need one. Per se I just enjoy growing and talking to like-minded individuals about the girls. Thank you so much for everything you have done and that you do!

40 growers growing 500 of these seeds, this is the first time I'm hearing of it. If so, rare indeed.

Back
Top Bottom