420 Magazine's Official Girl Scout Cookies Comparative Grow By Justin Goody

Did quite a bit of defol and a bit more training yesterday- today it’s barely even noticeable. This plant has definitely gone into a new, higher gear.

Day 49
87304D33-2A4C-4A39-BBCF-31ED8D3F60DD.jpeg
38A29488-D849-4936-B74F-1F2DB60DAF17.jpeg

Happy Sunday, growers!

I'd say pics or it didn't happen, but you posted the pic and it still looks like it didn't happen!
I should have taken a pic yesterday, cause it definitely looked like it happened lol...I was kind of surprised how fast everything stood back up and looks in place now, this plant hadn't been so responsive in it's earlier days.

It got it's first top dressing of GF Bloom on Friday, and is winding down now from 19/5 to 12/12, a good time for a growth spurt!

Looking great Justin! She bounced right back.
I'd say pics or it didn't happen, but you posted the pic and it still looks like it didn't happen!
I was thinking the same thing. Was going to ask what plant was defoliated :laughtwo:

Looking good Justin. This GSC seems to be much more squat and indica looking than others which I've grown in the past. I hope mine are like that as I find them much better to work with than climbers. Keep it up buddy.
:passitleft:
Thanks ProF
My last GSC (auto) was a monster, way too tall (it was great) and a lot of the height came in the last month, it just kept stretching.
For some reason the last plant I grew in this spot- Green Crack, a sativa... turned out squat as well, and it should have been every bit of 40" tall. Still a great yield.
Now I'm here with a new tent and light and strain- it's still growing that way.
@Carcass has the same good "problem" that keeps his plants short, and so it must run in the family lol.

It makes sense.
I was definitely underwatering at first, once I watered more thoroughly and in shorter increments, I got vigorous growth.
The problem is, if I give it as much water as I feel like I want it to have, I get leaf curl. I want to really soak it but I’m also afraid of shock and recovery time if I overdo it. This is definitely a learning curve for me...but not impossible, and there’s lots of support ;) thank you!
Lookin great, advise, water twice, 5 mins apart man,

She's looking awesome man! She's short and stout!

winding down now from 19/5 to 12/12
If I remember correctly, you're knocking off 1 hr each day for a week?

Why not just go from 19 to 12? Is it too much of a shock for them? Or what is the benefit of doing gradually?

She's looking awesome man! She's short and stout!

If I remember correctly, you're knocking off 1 hr each day for a week?

Why not just go from 19 to 12? Is it too much of a shock for them? Or what is the benefit of doing gradually?
Not positive of any benefit besides they will grow a bit more in veg before they realize it's 12/12, it's just how I've done it for a while. Actually I've mostly been growing autos so I rarely worry about it, but this one needs a few extra days in veg.

Day 50
1AAA87DE-9403-4DB5-8835-F31B7CB2D598.jpeg
I’m very happy with her progress, especially recently. She is enjoying her space and growing/drinking at a rate that makes me a little more comfortable now.

:yummy:
That's a really happy girl.
Bill

Back
Top Bottom