420 Magazine's Official Girl Scout Cookies Comparative Grow By MochaBud

Hope your little woman is healing up! Checking out your journal! I just planted my GSC into cups this morning - all 6 germinated in 36 hours :yummy:

So all my beans popped on their own, no need to persuade them. Good, I hate having to wait for them to dry and shake 'em in a rolled piece of 100 grit sand paper, always afraid I'll do too much.

Anyway they'll be going into solo cups of Fox Farms Happy Frog tonight...

And, they'll go under my new LEDs, courtesy of @OfficialWEEGrow :high-five: I have to say, even though I'm using more cal-mag :hmmmm: and maybe, more nutrients all together :morenutes: my girls do look happy in there now, and I do like the dimmer feature and they have built in timers, which is a really nice feature in itself :thumb:

Here's a pic of my popped beans...be back tonight for more abuse from you guys :ciao: Oh, I love this shit :yummy:
I'm pretty new at growing - how do you know you need Cal-Mag. I put it in when I feed nutes just cause - but not sure if I should or not. Just doing it because I saw another grower say they always add it with the nutes.

I'm pretty new at growing - how do you know you need Cal-Mag. I put it in when I feed nutes just cause - but not sure if I should or not. Just doing it because I saw another grower say they always add it with the nutes.
in my exp, LEDs tend to make plants want more Mag and sometimes CAL.
If you use RO water, there are no minerals, so you likely need to add CAL/Mag.

aside from that, it's usually strain specific. 707 Truthband by HSO loves the Mag and Phos during flower.

in my exp, LEDs tend to make plants want more Mag and sometimes CAL.
If you use RO water, there are no minerals, so you likely need to add CAL/Mag.

aside from that, it's usually strain specific. 707 Truthband by HSO loves the Mag and Phos during flower.
What are the signs that it needs cal/mag though?

brown spots on the center of leaves are usually a sign
1619123405023.png

With my girls under the LEDs I give them cal-mag every time I feed now, with my girls under the HIDs it was every other feeding...
Cal or Mag, or both, is a mobile deficiency (meaning it could start anywhere) and will present itself as yellowish spots at first followed by brown spots and if left untreated could turn into crunchy dead leaves the plant is unable to use...
This was my Blackberry Gum under LEDs when she started showing a cal-mag def...

With my girls under the LEDs I give them cal-mag every time I feed now, with my girls under the HIDs it was every other feeding...

Cal or Mag, or both, is a mobile deficiency (meaning it could start anywhere) and will present itself as yellowish spots at first followed by brown spots and if left untreated could turn into crunchy dead leaves the plant is unable to use...
This was my Blackberry Gum under LEDs when she started showing a cal-mag def...
I'm new here and dont want to be a know it all jerk but .... i am what i am.

per my pic, and the example plant you posted.... mobile defs effect older growth first =)

I'm new here and dont want to be a know it all jerk but .... i am what i am.

per my pic, and the example plant you posted.... mobile defs effect older growth first =)
Not in my experience :hmmmm: if my new growth looked like my old growth, it would mean I'm not taking care of the problem, you always look to new growth cuz the old stuff don't heal :thumb:

I may not have 20+ years experience, but in the short 15 years I've been growing, I think I have stuff pretty dialed in, right now I'm just getting used to some LEDs, hence the cal-mag def, but my old school HIDs are well dialed in, meaning no defs at all...:slide:

A little update for my GSC babies. Haven't fed them yet, just water, and in FFHF, still in solo cups. Also ordered my spring time round of nematodes :slide: it's what I use as a preventative for any type of pests, I haven't had bugs since I started using them. I mean the occasional suicidal insect will fly in and become a small meal for my todes but other than that...none...Well here they are...and a shot of my todes :thumb:

Beneficial Nematodes.JPG

Great looking gals! I'll be hanging out with you and following along. I'm trying to learn as much as I can. This will be my first time growing indoors! Super excited...but a little nervous too. LOL. Watching threads from experienced growers helps us all!

Looking great Mocha. I'll stop in from time to time. :popcorn:
Hey Dano, thanks bud, anytime you want to :passitleft: always plenty of room and smoke to go around :thumb:
Looking good, Mocha.
Thanks HG, can't wait to put them under my new LEDs from @OfficialWEEGrow, first time using LEDs
Great looking gals! I'll be hanging out with you and following along. I'm trying to learn as much as I can. This will be my first time growing indoors! Super excited...but a little nervous too. LOL. Watching threads from experienced growers helps us all!
Absolutely there BA :passitleft:plenty of room :theband::headbanger: and don't be nervous, the main thing is understanding your medium and the nutrients that go into it, and some good watering/feeding habits...that's about it, then stand back and watch them grow :yummy:

Okay, we must be off to the races, it's only taken a day and a half for them to feel empty so...it's time for an actual feed at half strength until a little runoff tonight, and we'll go from there and see how long until they feel empty again.
I decided on using my Fox Farms nutrients as apposed to the Geo Flora :hmmmm: what with having to deal with the new LEDs from @OfficialWEEGrow (It will be my first time growing under LEDs) I don't want to change a whole lot on this grow. I'd hate to mess up the GSC that we got compliments of @Weed Seeds Express, thanks to both of you guys BTW.

So basically half strength for what I'm using is 1 tbsp or 15ml of FF Big Bloom (Bat guano & Worm casting tea) and a half of a tsp or 2.5ml of FF Grow Big (Veg nutrients)

Here they are tonight...

Will you feed before you transplant?
Well, I fed tonight, but yeah before they go into 1 gallon pots they will be fed full strength by then I'm sure...I don't "just feed" because I'm transplanting, I do it only when they need it. I noticed my cotyledons starting to turn yellow on my big one, that's my sign, and when I usually start at half strength :thumb:

Back
Top Bottom