420 Magazine's Official Girl Scout Cookies Comparative Grow By Modest Grower

Happy Saturday! I was going to hold off on a photo update until the evening which is really when I will be when I plan to do the updates and technically day 2 but its the weekend!

The room got a little cold last night and when I first saw the two they looked a bit sad. I got the temp and humidity in check and watered the pellets. They seem to have responded well and are looking ok. I need to move them to the tent I think sooner rather than later but I am still worried about night temps there. I hope all is well!

Day 2
20210508_094243.jpg

20210508_094219.jpg
I see what you said about your seeds taking off is no exaggeration; weird mine are such slugs?? :oops:

Hey @Homer Simpson thanks for stopping by! Yeah, I have been impressed with them so far I am just hoping I don't do anything to botch it going forward.

I have a few seeds left for tests so any thoughts let me know!

Happy Sunday! I hope everyone is enjoying the weekend. A quick update, I see the seed I dropped straight into soil seems to be ready to break the surface today. The two in rockwool and their baskets of clay pellets look good to me. Have a great rest of the day.

20210509_131905.jpg

Day 3 Seedling:

20210509_131845.jpg

Sorry for laughing for damn bra we both just can't get away from it , out of all the beans , I had one without helmet head I planted it over a inch deep in a water logged peat puck
No need to apologize @HashFart I was laughing too. Its so true, I was thinking oo its definitely how I plant them and then like you said before, I planted a bunch sideways, upside down, every which way and still with the helmets. I think I had better luck with rockwool but even one I sort of assisted.

Anyway, thanks for stopping by, I hope you had a great weekend!

Thanks for swinging by @Fuzzy Duck I see you have your journal going for the comparative as well. I will be swinging by now!

Wow the number of journals and my failed memory! I see I've started yours but need to catch up! :lot-o-toke:

Great start for a beautiful grow!
I also have been using rockwool for a decade.
Like you pretreat for 24 hrs pop in seeds. Sometimes I'll soak the seeds during pretreatment of the rockwool.
You have a fun and problem free grow!

Thanks for swinging by @Fuzzy Duck I see you have your journal going for the comparative as well. I will be swinging by now!

Wow the number of journals and my failed memory! I see I've started yours but need to catch up! :lot-o-toke:

Ya welcome bud with so much going on it is easy to miss a journal or so... to be honest with you I struggle little bit as well :thumb:

I think I got DWC mixed up... I had to take a 2nd glance of the set up, RDWC looks like a DIY build with 5 gallon buckets very cool.

Hey @Fuzzy Duck you are right! Its a DIY set up with 2 5 gallon buckets and maybe like 20 gallon tote (recently moved to Canada so litre this and litre that)
:lot-o-toke:
I joke Canadian friends it is lovely to be here!!!

Anyway, here they are today. I am worried about the one in the first picture it looks an unhappy yellowish green. I'm really looking forward to not have to water these by hand as I have no experience with rockwool and pellets. The other one looks a better shade of green and they both get basically the same nutrient mix and are in the same environment. Any thoughts greatly appreciated. Part of the fun is troubleshooting it can just be nerve wracking.

Day 5 seedlings

20210511_121650.jpg
20210511_121703.jpg

Day 1 seedling soil

20210511_121620.jpg

The more I look at the yellow color in the picture the more nervous it makes me. I'll be careful not to love them to death!

Hey @Fuzzy Duck you are right! Its a DIY set up with 2 5 gallon buckets and maybe like 20 gallon tote (recently moved to Canada so litre this and litre that)
:lot-o-toke:
I joke Canadian friends it is lovely to be here!!!

Anyway, here they are today. I am worried about the one in the first picture it looks an unhappy yellowish green. I'm really looking forward to not have to water these by hand as I have no experience with rockwool and pellets. The other one looks a better shade of green and they both get basically the same nutrient mix and are in the same environment. Any thoughts greatly appreciated. Part of the fun is troubleshooting it can just be nerve wracking.

Day 5 seedlings

20210511_121650.jpg
20210511_121703.jpg

Day 1 seedling soil

20210511_121620.jpg

The more I look at the yellow color in the picture the more nervous it makes me. I'll be careful not to love them to death!
Hopefully someone can chime in I'm scared to guess with seedlings,,,, where is @dick23rk ,,,, maybe it's just growing extremely fast

Hey MG, I didn't realize you started up this other journal, I'll have to catch up and sub in.

As for your possible issue on the 1 plant, it may not be an issue at all. All seedlings seem to be a little different from the last, and sometimes the first set or 2 of leaves will also do weird things. I would leave it as is for now and watch it closely for the next couple days, maybe take 2 or 3 pictures a day if possible to compare any differences as it grows. As hashfart said, sometimes it can be hard to determine issues with seedlings, but there also should never be any deficiencies in the first 2 weeks of growth as the cotyledon leaves store nutrients to keep a plant going as a sprout.

I hope this helps ease your mind for now, I wouldn't make any changes as your others look fine. I will catch up later and then have a better idea what you've been up to as well.

Happy Wednesday @dick23rk ! Thanks for stopping by and the feedback. I am just focusing on doing my best to keep all of the variables in check to the extent possible and not changing any particular thing. Seems to be ok and growing along. I'm going to give them a little nutrient mix and hopefully get a few pics for the update. Have a great night everyone!

Happy Saturday! Sorry for the delay in update...the three ladies are alive and seemingly chugging along. I do notice a small issue showing itself in a lighter color on the leaves. I think it is ph related so I am just focusing on honing that in.

Part of the delay is I am working to get the hydro tent set up and ready. I think the two in the clay pellet baskets will be moved out there this weekend. Have a great weekend!

I think this is day 9 for the hydro. I'll check on the soil date

20210515_202303.jpg

Difference in leaf colour is purely down to the two methods used.

One is conflicting with the other.

If you treated them the same with nutrients applied.

I noticed that my seedlings leaves were lighter in color than I was used to seeing. Now in veg and after getting some Geoflora Veg in the soil, I noticed that their colors is darkening up a bit.

Thanks everyone for stopping by! I appreciate the feedback! @Websissy I am catching up on your grow as we speak. The two in rockwool seem fairly happy despite light color and it seems to be leveling off and maybe even retreating. Anyway, today is they day I let the birds fly from the nest into the tent!

IMG_20210516_153242_846.jpg

I'll have more updates on environment and what not but for now they are just under the light the system isn't running just yet. Will be later tonight. 69 degrees F and 50% rh. Under the @Budget LED light in their new forever home :slide:

Back
Top Bottom