420 Magazine's Official Girl Scout Cookies Comparative Grow By Modest Grower

Day 39 above surface, 35 for the one in soil. After this picture, I removed leaves and leveled the top out a bit. Things are going along smooth (knock on wood)

20210615_211359.jpg
20210615_211633.jpg

Like a good flat top haircut, inhibitions to the wind :rofl:

I'll keep leveling the two out before letting them grow vertical for a bit before flipping and stretch. I will be trimming the lower section and focusing on top colas.

20210615_212554.jpg

Looking great! Beautiful growth. Those roots are nuts! I'm a soil dude through and through but I still will eventually experiment with growing in other mediums. How cool it must be to pull that out and see?! I certainly cannot do that with soil! Keep it up.

Day 41 for hydro and 37 for the little soil pot. I should transplant that one. I guess for size comparison, I should have held my hand on a more similar position but you get the idea.

Happy almost Friday! :yahoo:

20210617_210736.jpg
20210617_210645.jpg
20210617_210320.jpg

20210617_211619.jpg

Hey @BakedARea thanks for stopping by! I've always grown in soil but I am really liking growing this way. We will have to see how it works out in flower but it has been pretty low maintenance and pretty good growth. I definitely recommend giving it a try.

You are right about the roots, I probably look at them too much to be honest haha.

Happy Friday! :yahoo: I have been so stressed with work but things are looking up so I am excited to enter the weekend on a positive note.

This weekend, I will be doing a reservoir change and trimming the lower portion of each plant. I may take a clone or two in case my others don't root. While I was in the tent today I took a quick picture of the main stems. First is the plant on the left then the plant on the right.

I plan to flip to flower at day 50 above surface. I have about a week to get them ready.

20210618_115611.jpg
20210618_115621.jpg

Happy Friday! :yahoo: I have been so stressed with work but things are looking up so I am excited to enter the weekend on a positive note.

This weekend, I will be doing a reservoir change and trimming the lower portion of each plant. I may take a clone or two in case my others don't root. While I was in the tent today I took a quick picture of the main stems. First is the plant on the left then the plant on the right.

I plan to flip to flower at day 50 above surface. I have about a week to get them ready.

20210618_115611.jpg
20210618_115621.jpg
She is now in the bbw category you sir are on your way to being a full blown hydro ranger bravo Modest ! Happy Friday brotherrrrrrr

Hey, @Modest Grower looking real good.
I had to go back and look at when you were having issues. I apologize for not recognizing that you should have been top feeding while the roots were developing within the hydroton. Treat the hydroton just like Coco Coir for root development. Once the roots are well established in the nutrients solution you can stop top feeding.
:yahoo:Have a great weekend!

:green_heart:

Happy Saturday everyone! Thanks for stopping by @Furcifer I was scooping from the resevoir and pouring over the baskets but I may not have been doing it enough or stopped too early for that one, I can't remember to be honest but good info for sure.

Here they are at day 43 above surface.
20210619_161332.jpg
speaking of roots in the nutes, here is what they look like below
20210619_161354.jpg

Happy Saturday everyone! Thanks for stopping by @Furcifer I was scooping from the resevoir and pouring over the baskets but I may not have been doing it enough or stopped too early for that one, I can't remember to be honest but good info for sure.

Here they are at day 43 above surface.
20210619_161332.jpg
speaking of roots in the nutes, here is what they look like below
20210619_161354.jpg
Hey mate how we doing, enjoying your weekend ? :yahoo:
great progress on the ladies bro, stalks looking lovely & chunky. That’s about as much input as I can give unfortunately as your growing method is something i still haven’t tried yet. Just looking back through the comments & I’m like “ What?” :lot-o-toke:Lol

Looking lovely though! :thumb:

Happy Sunday and thanks for stopping by @Sticky fingaz I know what you mean about the new growing method. When I started researching it I was so confused. I'm super grateful this forum was here to lay out all the information I needed not to mention all of the helpful people that gave advice or answered questions. An amazing resource we have here thanks to @420 and sponsors like @Weed Seeds Express and so many others.

Happy Father's Day!

Day 44 I have been slowly trimming the lower side of the plants. I'm starting to remove the nodes,branches, future bud sites that aren't going to make it to the canopy. It's still a bit of a mess but its going alright.

I did a reservoir change today. I kept around the same level of nutrients but I raised the ph ever so slightly to 5.7. We'll see how things look tomorrow.

20210620_223457.jpg
20210620_223510.jpg
20210620_223520.jpg

Hey @BakedARea thanks for stopping by and the kind words! I have been super impressed with the growth on these two. I do think it has to do with them being grown in hydro as that was one of the motivating factors for me to give it a try.

I'm super curious how they do in flower. I'll be swinging by yours here shortly. Been a weird and busy few days but time for me to catch up again. I hope all is well!

I'll be swinging by yours here shortly. Been a weird and busy few days but time for me to catch up again. I hope all is well!
No worries man. No need to explain. I totally get it. Trust me! It's been tough trying to keep up with everyone's journal. I kind of took a bit of a mental break for a few days this past weekend. I don't want it to become a chore you know what I mean? I have enough crap in life to stress me out. This...this should not be one of them. Stop in any time. Door is always open no matter what!

Day 46. I kicked out the no names (other plants) I had spending the night ending up being a week or several.

Now I need to decide which branches will make nugs and which will be drawing resources. I'll clean up these two and spread them out before letting them stretch. The plan is to flip on the full moon June 24th. Don't mind me admiring my roots and looking at the work ahead. Tying down and a snip or two
20210622_212733.jpg
20210622_212520.jpg

Just remembered there is a bit of a dead spot on the left side for breeze now that I removed that fan. Will likely need to add another. We'll see if we see any curling on the leaves on that side over night.

I did move some things around outside the tent and opened the passive air vent at the bottom on that side so hopefully that helps in general

Back
Top Bottom