420 Magazine's Official Girl Scout Cookies Comparative Grow By Modest Grower

Wow, it has been a few weeks since the last visit :thumb:

I remember when they where so small 'n' cute now turned... those are looking yummy

Going to be nice flowering period :green_heart:
Hey Fuzzy! Happy Saturday. Good to see you and thanks for stopping by!

They really did explode in growth especially around flip. I definitely am regretting getting the shorter tent but we will make do. I have been super cropping the lady on the left that is more sativa quite regularly. I know this isn't a great gauge but I took a pic of some of the bud sites with flash to see how the tichomes were coming and I am pretty happy for this stage! Have a great weekend!

20210723_235357.jpg

It looks extra messy right now and in this picture but you can see how I have been supercropping multiple times even on the same branch. They respond well, I just need to tidy things up this weekend. I'll post an actual update with the days from seed and flip just wanted to do a quick update in between

20210724_200936.jpg

Day 82 from seed and 34 from flip. I haven't been posting as much as I am a little bummed to be honest. Life in general "that's life" as the say but also with my tent.

I am sad that I misjudged the stretch and am now hoping they don't get light burn (so far surprised they have not as they are clooooose). With that, I also could have removed more larf. I have removed a lot from below but even still there is about another 4 inches that I should have likely cleared.

Not to sound too depressed, I think the indica leaning lady on the right will put out some nice nugs. The sativa lady on the left might too but I am just worried it will be too close to the light at that point. Stay tuned.

I added a net, unfortunately what was available was not ideal but it seems to be answering the call. I have Friday and Monday off so a short vacation is in order. I did a res change last night, upped the nutrients and kept the PH at 6.1. This seems high in my gut but a couple people have said I should be at this high end in flower and the plants seem happy. Its hard to get a good pic in the jungle but here are some from today and yesterday.

I think my observations or concerns are founded but I am just being a bit dramatic. I need to shake it off, take a vacation, and hopefully come back to happy plants. Unfortunately, there is another heat wave. Fingers crossed.

20210727_193053.jpg
20210727_193059.jpg
20210728_195416.jpg
20210728_195412.jpg

Here's a shot for perspective. Maybe I can tidy it up a bit. I mean its obviously not ideal but I think they can still put out a great result.

The net is ridiculous, I know. But it does have a few tall sativa colas in the middle of the light bent over a few times. On the outsides I just super crop.
20210728_202826.jpg

I do like a few good pic's of a grow, I find it interesting watching GCS @Weed Seeds Express do their thing in the different methods some of us choose to use.

I do like a few good pic's of a grow, I find it interesting watching GCS @Weed Seeds Express do their thing in the different methods some of us choose to use.
Right! I am growing 4 with the sponsor products and 2 with what I usually use. They are very different looking for sure. Will be interesting to see how they feel when I get to consume them.

Lol don't even worry brother , dam that light gave you some big girls ! , it's hard with these heat waves definitely not normal for us , and it sucks turning the led down to keep it cool , but everything is looking very healthy to me ,,,,, I would reach in there and play hst hero everything seems healthy enough to handle some hst

Lol don't even worry brother , dam that light gave you some big girls ! , it's hard with these heat waves definitely not normal for us , and it sucks turning the led down to keep it cool , but everything is looking very healthy to me ,,,,, I would reach in there and play hst hero everything seems healthy enough to handle some hst
I think that is the best option too @HashFart.

Thanks again everyone for stopping by! I hope everyone had a great weekend. Check out the frost on the little bonsai lady I am growing kn soil. I have to check the days on the wee one but ill do a proper update this evening.

20210802_131233.jpg

87 from seed 39 from flip. This pic is from before I slid the @Elevated Lighting Company LED sun in there. I need to work on some additional head space but. Can't complain too much. Bent some over for a super crop. Lady on the left is Valery citrus lady on the right is chocolate earthy tones.

I need to get in there with a machete.

I hope everyone had a great weekend and start to this new week!
20210802_183901.jpg

20210802_183843.jpg

87 from seed 39 from flip. This pic is from before I slid the @Elevated Lighting Company LED sun in there. I need to work on some additional head space but. Can't complain too much. Bent some over for a super crop. Lady on the left is Valery citrus lady on the right is chocolate earthy tones.

I need to get in there with a machete.

I hope everyone had a great weekend and start to this new week!
20210802_183901.jpg

20210802_183843.jpg
That's freaking bud jungle brother , how did the bend go ? Did it stay in tackle good?

That's freaking bud jungle brother , how did the bend go ? Did it stay in tackle good?
Haha bud jungle indeed! Bends went well. Only one cracked. I was going to tend to it with some tape but ill go back and check. I bet all the ends are already thumbs up.

Haha bud jungle indeed! Bends went well. Only one cracked. I was going to tend to it with some tape but ill go back and check. I bet all the ends are already thumbs up.
Mine crack all the time I just left them and they ended up fine ,,,, but this isn't advice just my laziness

The goal today is the same as any, try and get as many of these topside as possible, but not too close to bleach them.

the indica side is no problem and starting to stack up nice for the circumstances.
20210802_205426-jpg.2395554
20210802_205436.jpg

I tried to tame the left side sativa lady a bit more. Pictures just look horrific but I think it will be good if I save it from bleach.

20210802_204839.jpg

20210802_205225.jpg

20210802_205426.jpg

Happy Thursday everyone!

Day 90 and 42 from flip. I'm staying positive as I can see I will have some really nice bud and if I can tame the lady on the left have a ton of nice bud. Here was a picture to show the difference between the two

20210805_202418.jpg

There is some nute burn and in some spots a bit of light burn or bleach as they are flying extra close to the sun. One thing I am hoping is not an issue is a large difference in harvest time but if it comes up, I will deal with it.

Full house

20210805_201949.jpg

Have a great weekend everyone and thanks for stopping by!

Happy Thursday everyone!

Day 90 and 42 from flip. I'm staying positive as I can see I will have some really nice bud and if I can tame the lady on the left have a ton of nice bud. Here was a picture to show the difference between the two

20210805_202418.jpg

There is some nute burn and in some spots a bit of light burn or bleach as they are flying extra close to the sun. One thing I am hoping is not an issue is a large difference in harvest time but if it comes up, I will deal with it.

Full house

20210805_201949.jpg

Have a great weekend everyone and thanks for stopping by!
Looking good. Have a great weekend as well!

Don't sound so depressing...so, your girls out grew their space a little.
Improvise, tame them and do what you can....and with that new light..... get yourself a 8 foot tall tent or a dedicated room.
And grow big and healthy!
:thumb:

Don't sound so depressing...so, your girls out grew their space a little.
Improvise, tame them and do what you can....and with that new light..... get yourself a 8 foot tall tent or a dedicated room.
And grow big and healthy!
:thumb:
ditto - maybe a 2nd trellis to help tame?

I was in a similar situation with my current 4 x 4 tent that I am journaling. I did what I could to get them as flat on top and far enough away from my light so I can take advantage of the lights efficiency. It wasn't ideal but I am making work.

Thanks for stopping by everyone! I do agree @Furcifer. I was laughing at myself a bit. The good news is my taller 4x4 tent is being delivered today (allegedly) and I will have a brand new Mars Hydro FC6500 that I just won from a feedback type journal raffle from @Mars Hydro. So the height issue should not be a recurring one.

This was a great test for me to try out hydro for the first time and get some great bud along the way! Happy Friday everyone!!! :headbanger:

Back
Top Bottom