420 Magazine's Official Girl Scout Cookies Comparative Grow By Modest Grower

thanks @HashFart and @DonkeyDick it means a lot! I chopped this one a little early and started day 57 after flip with some colas. that were a bit close to the light. I let some others go a couple more days but nothing past 60 days. My other one is still in the tent but I think I'm switching to darkness around Friday. That would have chop be at just over 70 days 70 being dark day 1.

I'll go and take a picture of the remaining lady

Quick couple of pictures from the more sativa leaning of the two and last remaining GSC.

Today is day 67 from flip and 115 from seed. I think the leaves are a combination of light burn and a delayed resevoir change.

The buds look frosty and have some nice color.
20210831_205706.jpg
20210831_205541.jpg
20210831_210905.jpg

YOOOOO!!! :bravo:
Hey there my man, how the bloody hell are you lol!

Been along time it seems, things have certainly moved forward for you brother :yahoo:
Not gonna lie, I haven't caught up lol Just wanted to drop in & say "Hi"
Things are slowly settling down on my side so I have a little more time to try to catch up with everyone.
Some great shots & great looking plants there buddy! wehey!!!

Hope all's well for you dude :high-five:

I was planning on going dark by now but I realized I need to listen to the plant as to when it is time. Anyway, I will definitely be washing these buds for any dog hair or dust. Despite that, looking tasty!

20210904_201136.jpg

Nice bud have you got around to sampling GSC yet ?
Happy Monday @Fuzzy Duck I have been sampling GSC and I am loving it already. I've used a vaporizer and classic glass bowl. In the vaporizer the flavors are a lot easier to identify but it has been a tasty smoke in the bowl too. I will clean the glass bowl today and give it another go. I really like the high. So far for me the taste has been citrus and then a slight chocolate or earthy exhale/aftertaste.

The effect for me has been relaxed but still focused and able to take on tasks. No anxiety which is fantastic.

Have you also been sampling?

Happy Monday @Fuzzy Duck I have been sampling GSC and I am loving it already. I've used a vaporizer and classic glass bowl. In the vaporizer the flavors are a lot easier to identify but it has been a tasty smoke in the bowl too. I will clean the glass bowl today and give it another go. I really like the high. So far for me the taste has been citrus and then a slight chocolate or earthy exhale/aftertaste.

The effect for me has been relaxed but still focused and able to take on tasks. No anxiety which is fantastic.

Have you also been sampling?

Ye bud I've been sampling :thumb:

The first sample was shortly after the slow air dry period & not fully cured notes of chocolate, earth & wood.

Second nug of a different phenotype of GSC I called stumpy where's my main cola had a little bit of curing with musky notes followed by earth & wood.

Both nugs are from different phenotypes of GSC which have a touch of spice & the this minty whistle when like popping a fresh mint sweet in your mouth I found these expression where mostly likely to occur in fresh ground bud with in 24 to 72 hours after grinding, the mint effect is much more rare than the spice, perhaps even peppery which lingers or become more pronounced over time ?

Ye I did have a third phenotype which was much more of a fruity smell, perhaps this is the citrus tasting GS Cookie :green_heart:

I'm not sure which jar I put that one in but she has her own jar.... Er I'll have to sniff her out !

As for combustion I'm sure I have, but memory is a little fuzzy at the moment :ganjamon:

Also recently added a rosin press to the collection.

Ye bud I've been sampling :thumb:

The first sample was shortly after the slow air dry period & not fully cured notes of chocolate, earth & wood.

Second nug of a different phenotype of GSC I called stumpy where's my main cola had a little bit of curing with musky notes followed by earth & wood.

Both nugs are from different phenotypes of GSC which have a touch of spice & the this minty whistle when like popping a fresh mint sweet in your mouth I found these expression where mostly likely to occur in fresh ground bud with in 24 to 72 hours after grinding, the mint effect is much more rare than the spice, perhaps even peppery which lingers or become more pronounced over time ?

Ye I did have a third phenotype which was much more of a fruity smell, perhaps this is the citrus tasting GS Cookie :green_heart:

I'm not sure which jar I put that one in but she has her own jar.... Er I'll have to sniff her out !

As for combustion I'm sure I have, but memory is a little fuzzy at the moment :ganjamon:

Awesome info! Man I want to get a press again so bad! I am jealous in the best possible way.

Letting the girl do her thang. When I handle the bud it is very berry/citrus smelling. I'll have to check trichomes but I think she wants to keep going a while. I'll have to look back and calculate how long this is. Just over 70ish days flowering

20210906_194413.jpg
20210906_194404.jpg
20210906_194355.jpg
20210906_194256.jpg
20210906_194323.jpg
20210906_193949.jpg
20210906_194011.jpg

So this plant is really putting in work. I'm letting it go as long as it needs and every day I check it I find it looks even tastier. Not sure if the foxtail is due to being too close to the light or what the issue is there but no complaints from me.

Holy wack that things huge Modest, she big real big #bbw for sure ....... I think the foxtailing might be from heat , but with some sativa in there sometimes that's just what she does , it won't effect the quality of your bud in any way so wouldn't sweat over it , I find my grows to be much better after October growing indoors with things cooling down , just wow Modest you are going to be busy trimming that big girl

Funny that you mentioned the fox tailing @HashFart

I had one of the phenotypes do the same to myself.
Some just do it , lots of sativas do it ...... it used to be frowned upon but with lots of new strains promoting colas with fox tails as Bean advertisement photos I think the negative thoughts about it are diminishing. If that makes sense I used alot of big words I barely understand hahha

@Elevated Lighting Company knows how to pack a tent. This is basically my darkest corner. The light is turned down so you can see the bud.

20210908_200001.jpg

And here is a bud I was looking at a bit
20210908_200231.jpg

I think I did the last resevoir change but we shall see how long she needs. I know this is likely to be frowned upon but I have been trimming a bit each day and will do so up until I go dark. I'm saving the trim for hash. I want no leaf material on when I go to bud wash and hang to dry. Like I said, I imagine this is slightly taboo

@Elevated Lighting Company knows how to pack a tent. This is basically my darkest corner. The light is turned down so you can see the bud.

20210908_200001.jpg

And here is a bud I was looking at a bit
20210908_200231.jpg

I think I did the last resevoir change but we shall see how long she needs. I know this is likely to be frowned upon but I have been trimming a bit each day and will do so up until I go dark. I'm saving the trim for hash. I want no leaf material on when I go to bud wash and hang to dry. Like I said, I imagine this is slightly taboo
I have an Animal Cookies doing the same thing right now. I noticed recently foxtailing is a genetic trait many breeders are breeding in.

Amazing looking plant!!! Holy smokes!!!

I have been sampling GSC and I am loving it already. I've used a vaporizer and classic glass bowl.
How did you decide where to sample from? How did you dry it or prep it for a taste/effect test?
Maaaaan Fuzzy. I'm jealous. I just recently tried rosin, wax, concentrate...whatever the hell it is called. Haaa haaa. Anyway, I am new to dabs and I would definitely like to be able to press my own in the future. It's only a matter of time. LOL

What press did you get?
the mint effect is much more rare than the spice, perhaps even peppery which lingers or become more
After I was done doing some maintenance defoliating yesterday on my outdoor GSC girl #8, my oldest daughter smelled me and broke down the terpene profile. I was shocked! She picked up mint, citrus, pine, and musk. Not sure if the musk was from me though. :hmmmm: :laugh:
Not sure if the foxtail is due to
foxtailing is a genetic trait
Could you help me understand why foxtailing is looked down upon? Or what exactly is it? I can see the general shape of the flower as a foxtail but is it something else that identifies it as well? What are the flowers supposed to look like if not foxtailing?

Happy Friday @BakedARea. For sampling, I have just been grabbing any nugs that are curing. I harvested one of my 2 plants (and the little soil one). Those have been curing for maybe 2 weeks now.

Also, dabs are awesome and I love Dabpress. They are a sponsor and right now 15% off and free shipping. Their 6 ton full kit is perfect for a starter in my opinion.

On foxtailing, I think its just the structure but I don't mind it was just an observation as I hadn't really had it before. @HashFart had a pretty good rundown on how it used to be looked down on but now is more accepted. I think people may not like the structure as opposed to a more rounded or clean edged cola.

Stoned rambling, hope you are enjoying the weekend!

Back
Top Bottom