420 Magazine's Official Girl Scout Cookies Comparative Grow By Modest Grower

I think I've changed my plan at least 2 or 3 dozen times at this point of my grow. Haaa haaa. I keep watching videos of rosin presses. I'm so damn tempted to drop some $ to get a press setup. Basically...I pay between $30-60 for a gram of concentrate at the dispensary. Sometimes I get an 0.5 or 1 gram for $1 through promotions. Needless to say that basically at an average of $40 per gram, it would only be 10 visits to the dispensary to justify even a cheaper small machine!
I was just talking to my dad helping him get ready to feed his CBD 30:1 for the first time and on video chat I saw my 6 ton dabpress. He uses it to make cbd and vapes it then makes oil with the pucks. Swears it cuts his pain by 70% and he's a pretty beat up old dude.

I'm really considering this deal they have this month but I have spent a lot recently so not sure yet

Happy Tuesday! I think today might be the last day of light with a potential chop of Friday night or Saturday night. It was hard to get a good picture. I am shooting for mostly cloudy.

20210914_202205.jpg
20210914_202258.jpg

Man, it's a good thing you decided not to grow another one in the bucket next to it!
RIGHT?!? haaa haaaa

That this is a beast MG! Nicely done. Frosty buds. I wish so much we could all meet up and exchange buds. That would be super cool.

Knowing me, I'd probably have one of my dogs do the exchange because I'm to f*ing paranoid and stupid with around people. :rofl: :passitleft:

Man, it's a good thing you decided not to grow another one in the bucket next to it!
I actually did, it was a bit more indica leaning and I harvested it a bit early but got really nice bud off it
IMG-20210814-WA0006.jpg

I think I've changed my plan at least 2 or 3 dozen times at this point of my grow. Haaa haaa. I keep watching videos of rosin presses. I'm so damn tempted to drop some $ to get a press setup. Basically...I pay between $30-60 for a gram of concentrate at the dispensary. Sometimes I get an 0.5 or 1 gram for $1 through promotions. Needless to say that basically at an average of $40 per gram, it would only be 10 visits to the dispensary to justify even a cheaper small machine!
Presses are great to have. If you have the technical know how, you can build a nice one for relatively cheap. Harbor freight for the press frame and such. I have a 2 x 4 plate one that meets all my needs.

RIGHT?!? haaa haaaa

That this is a beast MG! Nicely done. Frosty buds. I wish so much we could all meet up and exchange buds. That would be super cool.

Knowing me, I'd probably have one of my dogs do the exchange because I'm to f*ing paranoid and stupid with around people. :rofl: :passitleft:
I have been apart of many shares between growers. It is quite stressful lol. Especially once you see their product ... then the negotiations begin on far trade since no monetary value can exchange hands in the MI.

What I learned so far - an ounce can vary quite a bit. :ganjamon:

Presses are great to have. If you have the technical know how, you can build a nice one for relatively cheap. Harbor freight for the press frame and such. I have a 2 x 4 plate one that meets all my needs.
I love the idea of a DIY press. Just not sure where to start honestly. Haven't done enough research I suppose. I was thinking of getting something from DabPress possibly but adding everything up still makes it a bit of a punch to the wallet.
I have been apart of many shares between growers. It is quite stressful lol. Especially once you see their product ... then the negotiations begin on far trade since no monetary value can exchange hands in the MI.

What I learned so far - an ounce can vary quite a bit. :ganjamon:
Yeah! I could imagine. Last year's harvest was shameful. I would never want someone else to see it other than giving me advice on how to improve. I wouldn't want them to even have any of that junk. Haaa haaaa.

I love the idea of a DIY press. Just not sure where to start honestly. Haven't done enough research I suppose. I was thinking of getting something from DabPress possibly but adding everything up still makes it a bit of a punch to the wallet.

Yeah! I could imagine. Last year's harvest was shameful. I would never want someone else to see it other than giving me advice on how to improve. I wouldn't want them to even have any of that junk. Haaa haaaa.

I understand. I like the little one I have. DIY is where it's at if you want to save money. Biggest issue is the heat plates. I an not as familiar in that area of the market or I would gladly help ya get going.

Regarding the trades - I like them because for so long, cannabis growers kinda kept their growing to themselves. Hush hush. People love to talk about their grows if asked and feel comfortable That's my main reason for doing them. I always learn something new from other growers.

Biggest issue is the heat plates.
Yup. My concern too. I want to do it right. But I'm also a cheap ass about things. Sometimes I come out ahead and my DIY ideas work and other times I end up spending more money. I really don't want the latter to happen you know. I'm going to check out doing a diy build and see how much it would cost.

So what did you do for the plates? How do you heat yours?

Loving the back and forth convos. Happy Thursday everyone and thank you for swinging in to my journal!

I still have not flipped to dark and I think I am going to do a resevoir change and keep going a bit. I will take a better look tonight but I did a quick check and they still look clear in some areas, I see little to no amber, and I still see white pistils. If someone thinks I'm off let me know.

Smells like diving into a bowl of captain crunch cereal just the berries.
20210916_164759.jpg

20210916_164810.jpg
20210916_164725.jpg

There are more white pistils in concentrated areas not pictured*

Yup. My concern too. I want to do it right. But I'm also a cheap ass about things. Sometimes I come out ahead and my DIY ideas work and other times I end up spending more money. I really don't want the latter to happen you know. I'm going to check out doing a diy build and see how much it would cost.

So what did you do for the plates? How do you heat yours?
I fortunately work in the industry so I got a good deal on a small 5 or 7 ton unit.

I did look into building one though. I figured the harbor frame, wait till a local yard sale for a replacement jack if one is included with the frame. Around me, the farmers have little units they use that hold up well.

The plate I never looked into. I can't imagine there are a ton of makers tho. You can get lucky looking at the SN of some items and find out who directly makes them for alot of consumer products.

Beautiful buds dude! Yeah, I'm thinking I still have at least 2 weeks for my outdoor plants. I may harvest a branch early to see how I like it. How do you do a quick cure to test out buds?
I don't have any special technique. I just dried my other plant and as it was curing I broke off a little bit every now and then haha. I can never wait the whole time and since I have this whole plant still to chop, I wasn't worried about a nug here or there :rofl:

Great news! I will be smashing some GSC with my new 6 ton press I ordered from @DabPress I can't wait. I ordered the 6ton full kit and pre press for $390.15 USD with the sale they have going for the rest of September. Cannot wait

Great news! I will be smashing some GSC with my new 6 ton press I ordered from @DabPress I can't wait. I ordered the 6ton full kit and pre press for $390.15 USD with the sale they have going for the rest of September. Cannot wait
Wait...what?! The 15% worked on the full kit?

Wait...what?! The 15% worked on the full kit?
Yeah man its 15% site wide and free shipping over $100 I believe. Thats on top of the fact that the 6 ton and pre press were both already on sale. Code is DP15.

Back
Top Bottom