420 Magazine's Official Girl Scout Cookies Comparative Grow By Modest Grower

Yeah...I got the go ahead from the wifey! Now to pick between the one you got and the next one up. Why it is necessary to get a 10 ton instead of the 6 ton? Looks like the same controller and heated plates. It also appears to have the same wattage. Only does 4 more grams of flower? Is that it?

Yeah...I got the go ahead from the wifey! Now to pick between the one you got and the next one up. Why it is necessary to get a 10 ton instead of the 6 ton? Looks like the same controller and heated plates. It also appears to have the same wattage. Only does 4 more grams of flower? Is that it?
It’s not , I’ve never been over 5000 psi . All the 3”x5” plates with heater with cage are for the 6-10 ton and the 5”x7” are 12-20 ton .

It’s not , I’ve never been over 5000 psi . All the 3”x5” plates with heater with cage are for the 6-10 ton and the 5”x7” are 12-20 ton .
So it mainly has to do with the amount of pressure necessary for the larger bags. So more flower material can be pressed the larger the machine. That makes sense. So the big price difference between their 6 & 10 is for 4 extra grams of flower and a different type of pump, which is extra?!

The controller and plates are all the same.

So it mainly has to do with the amount of pressure necessary for the larger bags. So more flower material can be pressed the larger the machine. That makes sense. So the big price difference between their 6 & 10 is for 4 extra grams of flower and a different type of pump, which is extra?!

The controller and plates are all the same.
I use the 2”x5” 160 micron bags . I’m making capsules or I’d can the bags . If you go to Grandpa Tokin’s rosin thread you’ll see plenty 6 ton with no complaints . The 3”x5” will press 14 grams . We like the 30 mm cylinder puck maker 7 grams and just make two to press .

I use the 2”x5” 160 micron bags . I’m making capsules or I’d can the bags . If you go to Grandpa Tokin’s rosin thread you’ll see plenty 6 ton with no complaints . The 3”x5” will press 14 grams . We like the 30 mm cylinder puck maker 7 grams and just make two to press .
Ohhh...capsules!!! Quick question...so is using a press ultimately getting a similar end product like "Rick Simpson" oil or solvent based concentrates? Obviously without the solvents. But any other differences between them?

Ohhh...capsules!!! Quick question...so is using a press ultimately getting a similar end product like "Rick Simpson" oil or solvent based concentrates? Obviously without the solvents. But any other differences between them?
This is pure no solvents and yes you can make Rick Simpson . I was doing the 8 hour regiment for a couple months . All of my squish’s are in GT’s thread and MG was there has some at GT’s .

This is pure no solvents and yes you can make Rick Simpson . I was doing the 8 hour regiment for a couple months . All of my squish’s are in GT’s thread and MG was there has some at GT’s .
Going to go find the thread and get some edumacation!

Well, unless you're decarbing before pressing you're not getting an equivalent to Rick Simpson oil since his process involves extended heating to evaporate the solvents which also presumably fully decarbs the cannabinoids.

Solvents evaporate at temps well below decarb. With rosin you would decarb after pressing.
Ah, OK. So access to the pure cannabinoids without solvents when using the press, but then presumably heating it after somehow if using it in capsules as suggested. Otherwise probably using a heated nail rig of some sort? I'm not familiar with that avenue of use.

Ah, OK. So access to the pure cannabinoids without solvents when using the press, but then presumably heating it after somehow if using it in capsules as suggested. Otherwise probably using a heated nail rig of some sort? I'm not familiar with that avenue of use.
Indeed! If you're smoking it then the heat decarbs it as it would with smoking flower. If you're using it for capsules or edibles you would need to decarb first. Most folks seem to use a toaster oven for rosin.

Well, unless you're decarbing before pressing you're not getting an equivalent to Rick Simpson oil since his process involves extended heating to evaporate the solvents which also presumably fully decarbs the cannabinoids.
No solvents involved in rosin , pure squeeze . No he still had to decarb afterward . All my oil capsules from Grandpa Tokin’s everclear thread I didn’t like the belch . Rosin belch taste like the flower to me .

No solvents involved in rosin , pure squeeze . No he still had to decarb afterward . All my oil capsules from Grandpa Tokin’s everclear thread I didn’t like the belch . Rosin belch taste like the flower to me .
Yeah I know you beat me to it :rofl:

Did you make it to GT’s thread ?
I thought I did , tag me in it so I can fallow ,,,,,, I've been on 420 for a few years now and still struggle with following journals , sometimes I get notification sometimes I don't , I get them Modest journal , but I fallow dd and the stable and check in and I'm 3 pg behind and got 0 notification , I'm still trying to figure it out and why I don't get the notifications sometimes but sometimes I do

I thought I did , tag me in it so I can fallow ,,,,,, I've been on 420 for a few years now and still struggle with following journals , sometimes I get notification sometimes I don't , I get them Modest journal , but I fallow dd and the stable and check in and I'm 3 pg behind and got 0 notification , I'm still trying to figure it out and why I don't get the notifications sometimes but sometimes I do
I think you get a notification the first time there is a comment but then after that if you don't check it it won't alert you to new comments if that makes sense

Back
Top Bottom