420 Magazine's Official Girl Scout Cookies Comparative Grow By ProfessorFlora

Sorry to see u plant's not looking healthy, but I think they should bounce back, they r resilient buggers,,
Giving good vibes :goodluck:

Sorry to hear of your difficulties, Prof. My girls are struggling, too. Apparently, you're supposed to amend your medium with GeoFlora and top dress. I was told this instruction was in the first post in the GeoFlora thread but I don't see it.

My girls are amended and top dressed now so like you, I have to wait and see. :nervous-guy:
Hey HG. Not you as well. I have my fingers crossed for you and as you're in soil I'm sure you'll be ok.
I think it'll realistically take at least a couple of weeks for these to come back to life which is annoying but not the end of the world. If I didn't have the other plants just about to hit flower then I might be more worried lol.
Sorry to see u plant's not looking healthy, but I think they should bounce back, they r resilient buggers,,
Giving good vibes :goodluck:
Thanks Freak. I've just started going through everyone's journals again and I'm seeing some awesome plants. I can't wait to see how frosty I can get them.

Hey 420! Ok, I think a little catch-up is in order. First off, nobody's missed a thing. Well, you've all missed a painfully slow recovery from root rot which isn't the most impressive or interesting thing to observe. But both plants have recovered and are actually on flowering day one today. I flipped them to flower because they seemed to explode over the last couple of days and they won't fit the tent soon.
Plant one which is the nicer looking and better behaved of the two recovered first and did so in the more traditional way which is slowly. The second plant was really damaged and had no growth tips so she had to re-veg which took some time but once more tips emerged she took off and now we're are here.
I've up-potted the plants into 10 gallon pots this time mainly because they're the only suitable pots I have left. I would have preferred some 5 gals but this will do. At least the roots will have space. We are still in coco and I've added all of the coco which they were in before back into the pots but they are also being fed with MC. I have another round of Dynamyco, Earths Alive and more GeoFlora left but I'm too worried about what happened before happening again. So I'm going to use it on the next round which will be using the clones of these plants but in soil.
Here are the plants from last week. This was just as they were waking up....
DSC00831_copy_1212x810.jpg

Pretty messy eh. Well they're still not perfect but looking considerably better. Here they are now....
IMG_20210802_190344_copy_6000x4500.jpg

They've been flipped and I'll sort them out closer to the end of stretch. For now they are getting relatively light waterings and will be left to do their thing. I had a plan but we'll do this instead.

Here is GSC #1....
IMG_20210802_190400_copy_6000x4500.jpg

GSC #2....
IMG_20210802_190408_copy_6000x4500.jpg

They both look like they'll be Durban learners if you ask me though we'll see....
IMG_20210802_190420_copy_6000x4500.jpg

Happy growing everyone.
:passitleft:

Nice recovery from the dreaded RR.
Hope the rest of your grow is smooth sailing. :goodluck:
Thanks Fur. I hope the rest is smooth sailing too.
Nice recovery! I know what you mean about running out of space :rofl: keep it going!
Cheers MG. Lol, it doesn't normally happen to me but I currently have an out of control plant over in one of my other flowering tents. Yesterday the growth tips were above the lights. These will blow up wide though which will present other problems.

ProfessorFlora, Happy your plants are recovering. How did you diagnose root rot and what conditions cause it? Cheers
Hey cr8grow.

The plants started to shrivel up after a long time of growing very slowly. I pulled plant 2 from the pot and the roots had a bad smell and were a bit slimy in places. It wasn't the worst I've had and a trim of the root and some dryer medium seemed to fix it.
It was likely caused by over-watering plants which were struggling to drink. At the end of the day I'm not really certain what happened but we're back on track now and have some more plants to prepare for another attempt.

Hey 420.

Today is flowering day 7 so let's see how the plants have changed over the first week of flower....
DSC00862.JPG

Things are looking good and both have noticeably grown which is good lol. I was worried we'd have a slow start but I'm quite happy with what I can see.
They both look to be showing signs of flower already and I don't think we'll have a huge stretch with these. If my memory serves me well (LOL) then the WSE GSC has a relatively short stretch so maybe they won't get much larger.
My impressions on both plants are a bit mixed. Plant 1 is good to work with and also looks good. Number 2 has been a bit of a pain the entire grow but I won't give up on her at all. I have a feeling she'll end up being very nice and could even be the better come the end.
Things are slowly falling back into line after the early drama and hopefully we'll be in full swing with pretty plants at the end of the stretch.

GSC #1....
DSC00863.JPG
DSC00865.JPG
DSC00867.JPG

GSC #2....
DSC00864.JPG
DSC00866.JPG

DSC00868.JPG

The two clones are ready to go. These will be fed with the GeoFlora, Dynamyco and the Earth's Alive and this time will be in soil. To be fair, there is still all of the additives from the first attempt in the pots which are being used currently....
DSC00869.JPG

GSC Clone #1....
DSC00871.JPG

GSC Clone #2....
DSC00873.JPG

Just for your info, my GSCs all grew about 10" during their 18 days in flower. Here are their heights from first day of flower to today's heights:

GSC Heights (in inches):Day 1 of FlowerDay 18 of Flower
GSC11525
GSC213.524.5
GSC31830.5
GSC41729

Looks like u had a smooth flip :thumb:
So far so good though I've said that before. Cheers Freak.
Just for your info, my GSCs all grew about 10" during their 18 days in flower. Here are their heights from first day of flower to today's heights:

GSC Heights (in inches):Day 1 of FlowerDay 18 of Flower
GSC11525
GSC213.524.5
GSC31830.5
GSC41729
Thanks for that HG. If mine follow yours then they should fit perfectly though the coco could cause a bit more stretch.

ProfessorFlora, You should be seeing pistils soon, mine transitioned fast. Mine also stretched 10-12”. Cheers
Thanks cr8. We've definitely got flowers turning up but the stretch has been minimal. I wouldn't say it is as much as 10 inches and it looks to be stopping or have stopped already. I have clones to compare these with and I'm getting better growth with them using my own recycled soil blend. Perhaps these two just don't like coco? Anyway, we are still ticking along and I will be back shortly with some pics for you all.

Hey 420.

So today is flowering day 14 for the Girl Scout Cookies and we are still going....
DSC00954.JPG
DSC00953.JPG

Both plants are settling into flower nicely though number two looks a little pale in places but when has she not? There is something about her which has caught my interest and I think she will have some great end product. That is provided she doesn't herm, drown, die from nutrient uptake issues or go mouldy on is first. Time for a look at the plants individually.

GSC #1.

This one looks a bit more familiar and I have seen plants in the comparison which share similarities. I've made her very stocky and bushy which I will have to fix at some point. There's not much light or air moving around inside this plant. The flower spacing is nice and tight though and there are plenty of tops to work with. Next we'll thin her and apply some lst to open her up to a bit more light....
DSC00955.JPG
DSC00958.JPG
DSC00957.JPG
DSC00959.JPG

GSC #2.

This freaky thing isn't the easiest plant to play with and it doesn't feel like we are quite out of the woods with her quite yet but I like her. She has frost at 14 day which fills me with great joy lol. Her buds look odd though and appear to have what looks like light burn on the tips but she is more than far enough from the light. Like I said, this plant has been odd from the start. This nut-bag also needs bit of a clean up but I have a feeling that she may bite....
DSC00960.JPG
DSC00963.JPG
DSC00962.JPG
DSC00964.JPG

I'll try to get some updates put up more frequently from now on as things are moving much faster.
For now though, happy growing everyone.
:passitleft:

Nice looking plants u got there :thumb:
Hope things continue rock for ya :ganjamon:

Looking good! I'm curious to see how the "odd" one turns out in the end. Both are packing on flower nicely!
Thanks MG.

I'm starting to think that the odd one may be an OG leaning plant. It looks quite different now.

Back
Top Bottom