420 Magazine's Official Girl Scout Cookies Comparative Grow By ProfessorFlora

Hey 420. So it's been a couple of days which puts us at flowering day 16....

I thought that I had best do an update now as I think I'm about to give them a good trim. I say "think" as there is a lot of trimming which needs doing and these are the least urgent. I've had a look inside these two and there is a lot of growth which could do with being exposed. I would really like to get it done sooner rather than later.
Here are the plants today.

GSC #1...

GSC #2....

:passitleft:

Sorry for spam I've just spent 20 min reading all back though it you nailed that problem with root rot if that what is what they looking really good now mate :bongrip:
Lol. That's alright. Since signing up to all the comparison grows my notification box has become unusable.

Cheers Ljb1. The plants are much better now and I think both will be good from now on. My new problems are environmental and mainly focus around high humidity. Its 99% RH again today. I really hope the sun comes back soon.
Nice turn around Prof. Great growing.
Cheers Vet! There were several moments where I thought that this isn't going to work for me but things turned around. Like I said to Ljb1, we have new problems now so today it looks like the snips will be getting a workout. Time to lose some of those sweaty leaves.

:passitleft: :passitleft:

Hey 420. I've been a bit busy with all kinds of stuff but have finally managed to get this little update together.
I've found some mould over in my other flowering tents so this week's main concern has been sorting that out. There's a lot of bud in a small space and I don't want it all going up in rot.
I have managed to get a start on defoliating GSC #1 but haven't gotten around to starting on #2. Here's what they are like on flowering day 23....

I really need to do a bit more trimming on the first as it's a bush but the second doesn't look too bad. It still needs something though as it's very dense with growth which won't see any light.

GSC #1....

GSC #2....

The plants are becoming more different each day. Number 2 intrigues me but I think it'll be number 1 which will prove to be the better plant.
Happy growing everyone.

Hey 420.

So today is flowering day 27 and I finally got around to giving the GSC #2 (the OG leaner) a bit of a trim. I underestimated just how much growth she had hidden away and it took me an hour to trim up. To be honest, I'm still not quite happy and think that both plants could and probably should have a bit more of a trim. For now though they are looking a bit better.
I'm getting an idea of what they may smell like now and my prediction is coming true. Number 2, the awkward and odd one has the most amazing smell which is like a purple paint stripper. It is like fruity turpentine lol. Number 1 is good and maybe it could still turn out as the winner but at the moment #2 is amazing.
So after a crazy and difficult start it finally feels like I have the grow under control and we have 2 healthy plants. I can't believe how much they improved over the last few weeks.
The Mars Hydro TSL-2000 has these 2 covered both literally and figuratively and I'm impressed with how it operates. The next plants will be taller and I will get to test the light for depth but as it is, coverage is easy peasy.

Time for some pics of the plants on flowering day 27 which is around halfway if what I have seen in some of the other journals is the same as these....

GSC #1 Sativa Leaner....

GSC #2 Indica Leaner....

Happy growing everyone.

Hey 420.

It is flowering day 35 today and all is good. It is very humid though at the moment and I'm more than a little concerned. They both look great even if number 2 still has the yellowish glow....

Number 1 has a skunky stank to her now and is starting to dominate the overall scent in the grow room. It is so greasy and I really don't want her going mouldy. Her buds are just starting to put on some weight....

Number 2 is looking like it will finish up first and is now quite pretty. From shitty to pretty in just 4 weeks!
She has a very funky scent with some fruity goodness to it and it is still (only just) my favourite....

Soon we will be getting the clones ready for flower but for now though. Happy growing everyone.

Bit of a warm week to contend with. Won't last long though and we'll be back to usual Blighty temperatures.
I'm sat in my underwear with a towel on my head right now lol. I must look a right goon. I'm trying to have a nice peaceful vape but it's far too hot. Each toke is giving me the sweats lol.
Yeah, I'm pretty sure it'll be raining again soon. Give me a chance to test out the gills again.

I'm sat in my underwear with a towel on my head with right now lol. I must look a right goon. I'm trying to have a nice peaceful vape but it's far too hot. Each toke is giving me the sweats lol.
Yeah, I'm pretty sure it'll be raining again soon. Give me a chance to test out the gills again.
Probably unhelpful advice, but I'll toss it out there anyways.

Take that towel, go and wet it so its slightly damp- wrap it on your back and neck loosely, and turn a fan on facing you. You'll be shivering cold in no time....its how I survived my 1st apartment :rofl:

Probably unhelpful advice, but I'll toss it out there anyways.

Take that towel, go and wet it so its slightly damp- wrap it on your back and neck loosely, and turn a fan on facing you. You'll be shivering cold in no time....its how I survived my 1st apartment :rofl:
Not the worst advice by any length. Mrs F suggested that I get in the freezer.
Rain tomorrow and next day I think we'll here it is mate ur not far so spect same for you
Thunderbolt's and lightning, very, very frightening! Yeah, I just checked the weather. Now I'm thinking about harvesting some my other flowering tents as I'm sure the humidity isn't going anywhere just yet.

Hey 420. Time for another update.

The first two Girl Scout Cookies are in full swing now and I'm really happy with both of them. Thanks @Weed Seeds Express!.....

GSC #1 is big, heavy and greasy. What a lady. It has a slight sway which I'm sure will only get worse from here on out lol. There are still a few weeks left at least before harvest unlike her sister who isn't hanging around....

GSC #2 is a short, fat and incredibly sweaty. She has also had some branches flop already which I wasn't expecting to happen. This one will definitely be done in the next couple of weeks. What a turnaround....

Next we have the two clones. The same plants again but in soil with the GeoFlora, Dynamyco and Earth's Alive all mixed in already. This time we should be good to go lol....

I'll flower those two as soon as the first two have finished up.

Happy growing everyone.

Hey 420.

Today is flowering day 42 and we have had a move-around in the grow room. I have just completed a large harvest and I was hoping that would drop the humidity a bit, which it did but not in the Mars tent in which the GSC live. In fact, it is so bad in there I couldn't bare it any longer and shifted the two plants to the tent next door. What this means is that the current GSC will be finished in a different environment and the two clones will now be in the Mars tent and under the Mars light.
Here is how bad the Rh was last night....
IMG_20210910_084742_copy_4500x6000.jpg

See why I'm so scared lol. Those plants are becoming really heavy and no matter how humidity resistant a strain is, this would not have ended well.
After removing the GSC and setting them up in their new home the Rh went down to this....
DSC01327.JPG

The reason for this is that my tents are linked up and the girl GSC were in the second tent. Moving them to the first tent has balanced both tents out which is great. I can sleep again.

So onto the plants. Here are the original girls set up in their new environment....

Looking good. They are really heavy and I thought I was going to damage them moving them from the old tent. We're good for the moment lol.

GSC #1....

GSC #2....

So those two seem happy. Time for a look at the newbies....

They seem to be settling in nicely and I haven't seen any negative signs like last time. I really don't know what happend but after looking back at how the original two were at the beginning, it feels as is if I never really had any control over them when they were vegging in the coco. They were never what I would call really healthy. Oh well, it doesn't matter as they look great in flower now and these new ones should have a more comfortable ride in soil. We'll see lol.
Happy growing everyone.

Hey 420.

Today is flowering day 42 and we have had a move-around in the grow room. I have just completed a large harvest and I was hoping that would drop the humidity a bit, which it did but not in the Mars tent in which the GSC live. In fact, it is so bad in there I couldn't bare it any longer and shifted the two plants to the tent next door. What this means is that the current GSC will be finished in a different environment and the two clones will now be in the Mars tent and under the Mars light.
Here is how bad the Rh was last night....
IMG_20210910_084742_copy_4500x6000.jpg

See why I'm so scared lol. Those plants are becoming really heavy and no matter how humidity resistant a strain is, this would not have ended well.
After removing the GSC and setting them up in their new home the Rh went down to this....
DSC01327.JPG

The reason for this is that my tents are linked up and the girl GSC were in the second tent. Moving them to the first tent has balanced both tents out which is great. I can sleep again.

So onto the plants. Here are the original girls set up in their new environment....

Looking good. They are really heavy and I thought I was going to damage them moving them from the old tent. We're good for the moment lol.

GSC #1....

GSC #2....

So those two seem happy. Time for a look at the newbies....

They seem to be settling in nicely and I haven't seen any negative signs like last time. I really don't know what happend but after looking back at how the original two were at the beginning, it feels as is if I never really had any control over them when they were vegging in the coco. They were never what I would call really healthy. Oh well, it doesn't matter as they look great in flower now and these new ones should have a more comfortable ride in soil. We'll see lol.
Happy growing everyone.
Hope my next run on gsc will look like that's :bong:

Back
Top Bottom